I noticed a very high number of location access. Also high battery consumption.

Anyone else concerned with this app?

I like the information Dtek provides. Once in Marshmallow it will have its full potential.
    11-21-15 11:12 AM
    For some reason my banking app requests location a ton. Oh and Skype has requested like 5k contacts.
    11-21-15 11:18 AM
    On the contacts I think Dtek shows data points requested. That is why numbers are so high.
    11-21-15 11:37 AM
    For some reason my banking app requests location a ton.
    This is important to prevent/reduce fraudulent activity.

Posted via CB10
    Yasch22 likes this.
    11-21-15 11:48 AM
    For some reason my banking app requests location a ton. Oh and Skype has requested like 5k contacts.
    Huh. None of my 3 bank apps request anything
    11-21-15 12:48 PM
    Not used Skype in a while but doesn't it check your contacts for people which Skype installed?

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-21-15 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I probably shouldnt have turned that off then :s
    11-22-15 03:45 PM
    Not used Skype in a while but doesn't it check your contacts for people which Skype installed?

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    I dont know if it applies to the Priv as well, but when i had Skype installed, i had huge battery drains compared to when i never. Taken it off now, and hoping something can replace Skype completely as it is nothing but a headache for me on all my devices
    11-22-15 03:47 PM
    Whatsapp accessed my contacts 2,630 times in 24 hours, crazy don't know why!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 04:14 PM
    Whatsapp accessed my contacts 2,630 times in 24 hours, crazy don't know why!

My above question actually explains why
    11-22-15 04:20 PM
    I noticed a very high number of location access. Also high battery consumption.

Anyone else concerned with this app?

I like the information Dtek provides. Once in Marshmallow it will have its full potential.
    Interesting. I removed WhatsApp, based in the info I saw in DTEK. I guess I need to check what it shows for TapaTalk. Albeit I post on many forums, and TapaTalk is handy for that...
    11-22-15 06:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bull!

It's to give you pics riots of banks and tellers and or machines in your area. Plain and simple. Unless you can state exactly how they can prevent fraud on a mobile app by your location I welcome you to try.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 06:49 PM
    Bull!

It's to give you pics riots of banks and tellers and or machines in your area. Plain and simple. Unless you can state exactly how they can prevent fraud on a mobile app by your location I welcome you to try.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying it is or isn't used for this reason, but I can see how it could be. For example if it pings your phone and sees you in Chicago but your debit card is being used in Las Vegas it can alert you.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 06:55 PM
    On the contacts I think Dtek shows data points requested. That is why numbers are so high.
    It also shows what is happening behind the scene. The apps access your information and Dtek shows you what is happening, incase you need to make changes.

11-22-15 07:20 PM
    Of course, if you don't have any money there why would they bother? Hahaha just kd, I am sure you are in high 8 figures...

Huh. None of my 3 bank apps request anything

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:23 PM
    Bull!

Posted via CB10
    http://www.americanbanker.com/news/b...1075352-1.html

http://mashable.com/2015/02/13/visa-.../#fiwO0IhY6Sqh

And now you know....

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 10:53 PM
    Tapatalk also tracks every single link you click on while using their app. Dtek doesn't/can't detect this.
    11-23-15 06:33 AM
    ... what's funny is your first link proves exactly what I stated, I guess you didn't read it fully

"No bank has given consumers a compelling reason to let it track their whereabouts � so far.
    U.S. Bank launched an app Monday that it says could strike the right balance of customer control, privacy, practical technology and business potential.
    Its "Your Community" app offers local news, financial education advice, branch and ATM locators, and bank-related news such as local events that U.S. Bank is sponsoring. Ultimately, it will provide users in many markets with offers from local merchants, but so far that information is limited to a San Jose, Calif., neighborhood called Santana Row."

And with Credit Card company's - I challenged banking apps with debit cards, only WestPac has a somewhat similar solution but for Internationally blocked countries:

"Capital One is experimenting with sending people offers from local merchants as they walk or drive by their shops. Westpac has launched geolocation services targeted at international travelers to prevent the inconvenience of transactions in a foreign country being blocked. MasterCard has been testing technology to authenticate card transactions based on the proximity to the phone to enhance security."

From your second link you're correct yet again it's Credit Card not debit cards.

"To set up the location tracker, Visa has made deals with card-issuing banks to add the option to their mobile banking apps. Over time, the location service will plot out a home range with a radius of about 50 miles. If the customer leaves that territory, the tracker will send that information to Visa, and the company will be less likely to flag that card for fraud when purchases are made."

No YOU know hopefully the difference between the two. Neither situation will help when you give a card to a loved one, say family member for say a day or a weekly use before getting a joint card and allow them to use it for withdrawal purposes. One of you in that situation will be blocked. Example I'm rushing to work I give my 17yr old son my credit or debit card (if enabled), to make a cash withdrawal to get tickets before heading to school. I leave an hour earlier and goto work but make a mobile app transaction to pay a bill, in this supposedly secure setup one of us will be blocked. Not good for him if he got tickets to come home an is stranded at school and has to walk fat to may work or me traveling to him. Savvy?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 06:51 AM
    A bit of privacy after all

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:49 AM
    ... what's funny is your first link proves exactly what I stated, I guess you didn't read it fully

"No bank has given consumers a compelling reason to let it track their whereabouts � so far.
    U.S. Bank launched an app Monday that it says could strike the right balance of customer control, privacy, practical technology and business potential.
    Its "Your Community" app offers local news, financial education advice, branch and ATM locators, and bank-related news such as local events that U.S. Bank is sponsoring. Ultimately, it will provide users in many markets with offers from local merchants, but so far that information is limited to a San Jose, Calif., neighborhood called Santana Row."

And with Credit Card company's - I challenged banking apps with debit cards, only WestPac has a somewhat similar solution but for Internationally blocked countries:

"Capital One is experimenting with sending people offers from local merchants as they walk or drive by their shops. Westpac has launched geolocation services targeted at international travelers to prevent the inconvenience of transactions in a foreign country being blocked. MasterCard has been testing technology to authenticate card transactions based on the proximity to the phone to enhance security."

From your second link you're correct yet again it's Credit Card not debit cards.

"To set up the location tracker, Visa has made deals with card-issuing banks to add the option to their mobile banking apps. Over time, the location service will plot out a home range with a radius of about 50 miles. If the customer leaves that territory, the tracker will send that information to Visa, and the company will be less likely to flag that card for fraud when purchases are made."

No YOU know hopefully the difference between the two. Neither situation will help when you give a card to a loved one, say family member for say a day or a weekly use before getting a joint card and allow them to use it for withdrawal purposes. One of you in that situation will be blocked. Example I'm rushing to work I give my 17yr old son my credit or debit card (if enabled), to make a cash withdrawal to get tickets before heading to school. I leave an hour earlier and goto work but make a mobile app transaction to pay a bill, in this supposedly secure setup one of us will be blocked. Not good for him if he got tickets to come home an is stranded at school and has to walk fat to may work or me traveling to him. Savvy?

Posted via CB10
    after I got to the end and read "Savvy?" I re-read you-re post in Captain Jack Sparrow's voice, A+
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-23-15 11:41 AM
    after I got to the end and read "Savvy?" I re-read you-re post in Captain Jack Sparrow's voice, A+
    Awesome! lol made my day!
    FCSC likes this.
    11-23-15 06:30 PM