You really made a big difference sean. Thank you for your contributions. is there a new guy replacing you?

I hope the improvement of the camera software is still on going
    FF22 likes this.
    11-09-16 07:43 AM
    I haven't been involved in the various camera threads and wish I had been. Looks like you did a lot to help the Priv camera, and the community thanks you for that. Before you leave, if you can help the BB10 cameras, it would be great. Taking photos of moving objects have always been an issue for me, but maybe that is user error. Although I have read others with similar issues too, so maybe not. Anyway, that is irrelevant at the moment.

Thanks for your contributions to BlackBerry and the community. You will be missed. Hopefully your successor will be as collaborative, attentive and responsive as you. Transition your role well and stay on top of the new guy/girl.
    11-09-16 09:13 AM
    I just wanted to say thank you to all of the folks on CrackBerry who have posted photos, raised camera bugs, shared experiences, answered my usability questions, come to my presentations at developer conferences, and just generally been a good gang of people.
    I'm officially moving on from Camera (after ~6 years) to other projects at BlackBerry, so won't be too active here anymore, but may pop in once in a while. PM me if you have any specific issues, and I'll (as always) try to get them in front of the right people in my spare time

Cheers,
    Sean
    The number of likes you are getting for this post, already says a lot about how much people appreciate all the help.
    Thanks
    The person taking up your job, try and teach him to be active like you on CrackBerry as part of the handover!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    smcv likes this.
    11-09-16 11:39 AM
    Well I hope there is somebody stepping up for Sean.
    11-09-16 02:37 PM
    I just wanted to say thank you to all of the folks on CrackBerry who have posted photos, raised camera bugs, shared experiences, answered my usability questions, come to my presentations at developer conferences, and just generally been a good gang of people.
    I'm officially moving on from Camera (after ~6 years) to other projects at BlackBerry, so won't be too active here anymore, but may pop in once in a while. PM me if you have any specific issues, and I'll (as always) try to get them in front of the right people in my spare time

Cheers,
    Sean
    Oh no!!!!
    This should be on CNN's breaking news!

I'm very sad to see you go, Sean!

As far as I know, (together with C_bryant), there has never ever been anyone from Blackberry who was more dedicated to their job and especially showed so much willingness to participate on CB like you were.

We learn(ed) so much from all your posts & threads, that I even asked an Admin/MOD here some time ago why it isn't possible to click on somebody's user name any longer (due to some technical forum error) to check their (always helpful) posts. Luckily that have been dealt with now.

Every one of your posts has been useful and reading your posts made it crystal clear that you have a big passion for photography. You were always so enthusiastic when you talked about the technical stuff (even though most of us were probably often ashamed to tell you that we didn't always understand what you said because you talked in a "different language"). But for sure, in certain ways, it was a good way to keep people from asking any further about a subject-matter.

Aside from being very dedicated and professional in what you do, I found your way of communicating with people here -or via PM's) very pleasant and your patience and the tranquility in which you replied to people's (sometimes perhaps nagging posts, sorry, guilty as charged) posts amazing and very unlikely of how employees of big companies -who hardly listen to customers experiences and suggestions for improvements- tend to reply. Unlike you, with them there is often no passion, dedication and interest to even bother to communicate with individual "small time" consumers on something like a fan's forum of the brand.

Thanks for not seeing us just as another face in the crowd.

Since BlackBerry introduced the Priv and you (and C_bryant) became (a) participating member(s) here, it was the first time I felt that BlackBerry really cared about what keeps "normal consumers" busy and how to improve customers user experience by listening to them. Every time that a cam update comes, it feels a bit like Christmas. I hope this will continue and that the Cam (or at least user interface, settings, options) still gets improved. Now that you moved on to other things, I'm afraid that we'll go back in time time again here on CB with no people from the Cam team - who are in the position to directly work on suggestions/bugs- to talk to????

I just don't see it happen very soon again that someone as unique like yourself, who even bothers to spend their private (and thus free!!) time on these forums, will follow in your footsteps????

I mean, heck, just click on my user name and check "started threads'. Pretty much all of my posts are related to camera questions, suggestions for improvements etc. Will people at BB still read them?

I guess that will also mean that I'll be posting a lot less online here if there is nobody from Blackberry to exchange ideas with. It'll be kinda pointless to posts suggestions and start threads here, if I know that nobody from BB's Cam will bother reading here, let alone respond here to cam related posts/threads so that you know if some of the suggestions could be considered or problems/bugs will be said to be under investigation.

Heck, I just posted a great suggestion here lately.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tched-1090413/
    Or something like the re-introduction of Mass Storage mode (ums) that BB did include for Lollipop.

I truly hope you can convince all of your current fellow cam team members or your successor(s), to become (a) participating member(s) here. In the end, all small things, how small they may seem, helps to keep the consumers satisfied and the company somewhat alive. We must cherish the small group of BlackBerry loyalist.

Sean, I probably should have let sleeping dogs lie lol - no just kidding- but I knew this day would come sooner or later when I wrote in some thread that you should ask your boss(es) for a raise for all the magic you bring to the phone, which make people enjoy their phones more and more.

Hopefully you'll still sometimes sneak into these forums to have a peak and forward some of the issues/suggestions/bugs people are posting here to the right person(s) in charge.

Thanks again for always being so polite to exchange info with other members and me in all of the cam related threads others and I started.

And lastly,
    big congrats to you for having climbed some steps up the corporate ladder.

Good luck with all your future endeavors, my friend!!!!
    Last edited by WT44; 11-12-16 at 04:30 PM.
    FF22, AmritD, smcv and 1 others like this.
    11-11-16 02:00 PM
30 12