I use Textra on my Priv with the latest MM installed. I noticed that new text messages appear in the Hub and the account displays on the account tab, however, the new messages count is always 0. For example, I received two text messages early this morning. I went to the Hub (did not open Textra from my home screen) to view the messages. The new message count was still 0. Upon further inspection, it looks like the messages are not bold and bright like other new, unread messages.

Is there something in my settings that I should change? Or, is what I described normal while using Textra and the Hub?
    07-31-16 11:38 AM
    Could be a glitch when using the hub. i use Textra on my android and have no such issues with unread counts.
    07-31-16 11:40 AM
    I've seen that when I used Textra previously. All the messages seemed to come in as read I believe, and that's why the count would never be more than zero. When the team looked last time it looked like Textra wasn't setting the state properly in the SMS database.
    07-31-16 01:00 PM
    I've seen that when I used Textra previously. All the messages seemed to come in as read I believe, and that's why the count would never be more than zero. When the team looked last time it looked like Textra wasn't setting the state properly in the SMS database.
    Has anyone reached out to Textra to see if they can help with the issue? It is one of the reasons I don't use the hub and I would guess many others are the same. Textra is probably the number one or two SMS app on the Play Store so it would be wonderful for everyone if they could fix the issue on their end.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-31-16 02:05 PM

Thanks for your response. Do you know if your team is working on the issue?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    07-31-16 09:45 PM
    Thanks for your response. Do you know if your team is working on the issue?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    If it's a Textra issue, why wold the BlackBerry team make any changes? Beyond possibly notifying the Textra developer, anyway.
    07-31-16 10:15 PM
    I read in another thread: Textra is aware of the issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-31-16 10:17 PM
    If it's a Textra issue, why wold the BlackBerry team make any changes? Beyond possibly notifying the Textra developer, anyway.
    Correct, but are they in contact with and asking Textra to work on the issue considering that it impacts Textra and BlackBerry customers. BlackBerry cannot fix the issue but they will get the questions and complaints. So it is in their best interest to work with / push Textra to correct the problem.
    08-01-16 11:18 AM
    Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but this seems best fitting. Till today this is still an issue.

Searching on Textra's site I found this(below) :

"Blackberry hub unread issue

Currently the Blackberry HUB only supports certain apps (like the default messaging app).

On *native* Blackberry they have an SDK that developers can use to integrate with the HUB, however currently, Blackberry have not done that for Android. So at the moment it's *impossible* for third party apps to integrate with the BB HUB.

Please contact Blackberry and see if we can get some traction on this somewhat huge oversight!"
    11-08-16 12:07 PM
    How come it's not impossible for Yaata to integrate with the Hub?
    11-08-16 03:02 PM
    It's not a Textra issue apparently. According to Textra support it's a BlackBerry issue and BlackBerry need to release a SDK that developers can use to properly integrate their apps with Hub.

On "native" Blackberry they have an SDK that developers can use to integrate with the HUB, however currently, Blackberry have not done that for Android. So at the moment it's IMPOSSIBLE for third party apps to integrate with the BB HUB.
    11-12-16 12:49 PM
    I noticed that new text messages appear in the Hub and the account displays on the account tab
    I'm having the same issue with new message appearing to have been read when they haven't. Too bad really cause Textra seems to be an amazing app.

In your BlackBerry Hub does Textra appear as it's own separate account or just under the default "Text Messages" account?
    11-12-16 12:53 PM
    It's not a Textra issue apparently. According to Textra support it's a BlackBerry issue and BlackBerry need to release a SDK that developers can use to properly integrate their apps with Hub.

[B]
    But it's not an issue with yaata apparently so how is that possible?
    11-12-16 04:47 PM
    But it's not an issue with yaata apparently so how is that possible?
    Judging from Bla1ze's response in another thread some apps seem to work better than others but it is definitely a BlackBerry issue, and that seems to make sense actually.

You can't. Only BB can add apps to the Hub and while some seem to tap into it outside of BlackBerry's built in offerings like Textra, WeChat has never been one of them.
    BlackBerry need to release that SDK to developers so that 3rd party apps can integrate properly.
    Last edited by crazigee; 11-13-16 at 07:44 AM.
    11-13-16 07:25 AM