Another satisfied Ugo user here, but I can see the present frustration for many people who do not have supported cards. So many different apps and payment systems make it difficult for phone payments to gain momentum. But it can only improve in the future. What really surprises me is BlackBerry's complete silence and non participation - in an area that would seem to be right up their alley!
    Exactly what I thought this should be something for BlackBerry to tap into given the security concerns and possibility of creating a BlackBerry wallet kinda a la hub

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    05-16-16 09:17 PM
    Okay, I've downloaded and installed the RBC app from Google Play, patched it and installed it on my phone. I still don't see a way to "load" my credit and debit cards to it. The screenshots of the app on Google Play show the Wallet as an option within the app, but it's my understanding that you need to download and install the wallet separately (and that it's only compatible with Android 4.4+). I see that the Android app allows you to deposit cheques by taking photos, which is something that the BB10 version doesn't have, and so I think I'll keep the Android version. However, and again my apologies for this, I don't see how to set up the tap and pay option. I also can't find any detailed instructions on the RBC website or within Crackberry and so if you don't mind, please respond with details on how you set this up within the app and withing the NFC options on the phone. My thanks in advance!
    05-16-16 11:08 PM
    The Android run time on BB10 does not support NFC, so regardless of if it requires 4.4 or not, tap-to-pay won't work with Android apps

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 08:42 AM
    The Android run time on BB10 does not support NFC, so regardless of if it requires 4.4 or not, tap-to-pay won't work with Android apps

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. BlackBerry 10's current Android Runtime version is 4.3. Without 4.4 it will not work.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    05-17-16 09:09 AM
    I originally searched the forums for tap n pay posts and neglected to notice that this thread is in the Priv forum. Happy to hear that the upgraded runtime is producing benefits for you -- as a BB10 user I'm disappointed that we won't receive an updated runtime. Sorry for the errant post. Enjoy your Privs!
    05-17-16 03:40 PM
    And as of this morning I watched my TD Visa disappear from the Ugo app.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 09:57 AM
    And as of this morning I watched my TD Visa disappear from the Ugo app.

Posted via CB10
    Mine was yesterday at roughly 7:30pm PST. I was at KFC with my phone and UGO app ready to pay and before my eyes, the TD visa disappeared. Now onto the old way of whipping out my wallet and using the physical card to tap and pay.

Hoping UGO can update their app to use HEC for NFC payments just like the way BlackBerry Bold 9900 did before the banks went to NFC enabled sim cards.

Now the banks went backwards back to HEC technology to use NFC payments.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    05-28-16 11:49 AM
    These mobile payment apps should be part of the FRINGE festival - there must be only 5 of us in the whole land using these things! (but I like it)
    06-24-16 11:41 AM
58 123