Kk fanboys and fangirls... this is your chance to shine!!!

I just purchased a Priv. Have been a long time BlackBerry user (upgrading from my Z10, which I have loved...drawbacks and all)

The thing is I don't pick up my Priv till Sunday night as I'm away on business. Since then I have mentioned getting the Priv to my friends, many of whom use either Android devices and iPhones, and have been questioned / bullied into second guessing my choice.

I was seriously thinking of jumping ship and getting the Note 5. But I do think the combination of Android and BlackBerry is a winning combination for me and what I do. I own a dance studio so I'm either downloading music writing emails or going through spread sheets. I'm also hardly on my laptop anymore since the Z10.

My friend who has a Note says she can do everything on her phone that the Priv can do, but it's a smoother less "laggy" experience.

Priv owners, how does all this supposed lag affect you in your personal / working life? I know snapdragon 808 isn't as fast a processor as what is out there. But does it affect your enjoyment of the phone?

Basically afraid of buyer's remorse. So sound of on all that you hate, but most importantly love about this phone!

Thanks!

*Update #1*

April 17, 2016

Currently in the process of updating my new Priv. It's updating to the latest os right now.

Thanks to everyone for their input. And aside from the big girl pants-grow up comments I have enjoyed the back and forth with people's opinions.

I'm not a wuss by any means, but I do enjoy being a techy type geek when it comes to phones and have watched demo and comparison videos for and against the Priv. That is why I hoped in starting the thread that I would get a variety of opnions from people's experience with the phone.

Am I a little high strung? Maybe lol... possibly me being the creative type where I tend to go from tangent to tangent. But one thing is for sure - I follow the beat of my own drum.

Most of the creative types I work with swear by Apple and how good it is for anything multimedia ... everyone I know uses iPads and iPhones, and regardless I stayed with BlackBerry because from my very first curve 8310, to my Torch 9800, to my Z10 to now with the Priv, nothing has felt more at home in my hands. I can play music, take pictures and videos, send off emails to clients, quickly txt my dancers, and upload and download a myriad of files... something all BlackBerry people appreciate. Productivity!

I'm also the type of person who takes ages to pick something from a restaurant menu, because everything looks good and I like to try anything once. Hence my dilemma between a Note 5 / Galaxy S7/ Priv. They all seem like great devices and it would be awesome to be able to own all of them if I could.

When I unboxed my Priv I got the same chills and excitement that I did when I got my curve. And now that I have it sitting, charging on my lap, I'm glad that I have kept it BlackBerry.

I'm excited to use it and learn from the forums on how to get the most out of it. Having it in my hands and typing on the touch screen already feels second nature. It truly is a beautiful phone!

If anyone is interested I'll update my thoughts on owning the Priv after 1 week and 1 month, although I know there are many other threads that have done this.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by r3dhrwithacrl; 04-18-16 at 06:42 AM.
    04-16-16 07:15 AM
    Here's some advice for you: get new friends or get a new phone.

No logical advice can help with your insecurity about YOUR phone choice. Even if we say there is no lag, because of that insecurity, you will perceive there is anyway.

I was a webOS user and back then and was questioned why I was still using that. To that I say "**** you, that's why."
    04-16-16 07:24 AM
    PRIV on Android M is a much better experience.

The battery life is much better too! I know that's important to you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-16-16 07:34 AM
    Just wait for android M. It's really worth it.

It's almost like blackberry never spent that much time with lollipop.

Blackberry's Marshmallow is what the priv should have been launched with.

chuckiev79 and xxslxx like this.
    04-16-16 07:38 AM
    Friends who are nagging you about a phone choice are not great friends. If you like your phone then they should be happy 4 u.

Just saying. Priv is a great phone.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    bungaboy and andy957 like this.
    04-16-16 07:51 AM
    Between those two phones it comes down to these two options.
    Do you want a physical keyboard or a bigger screen.
    My wife has a Note 5 and I have the Priv.
    I occasionally play with her phone, and don't get me wrong, it is an amazing phone. The large screen with a stylus is a great combination.
    However, the touchscreen typing experience can never measure up to the capacitive keyboard on the Priv.
    Being able to bust out a physical keyboard when typing larger replies (such as this one) and flicking words up here or there is convenient.

Sure at the end of the day there will be other specs to compare. Battery, resolution, camera, etc. But the physical keyboard is the main advantage of the Priv that right now, no other flagship Android phone has.
    RSKandola likes this.
    04-16-16 08:10 AM
    How are ur friends qualified to give u advice about the Priv? I hazard to guess that they don't even own a Priv or a BlackBerry. I have majority of the OS10 devices, and owned a Curve and two Bolds. I choose my phones based on my needs for organization and communication. And I had a Mac way before owning an apple product was cool and people questioned why we owned an Apple product.

As for the Priv, I find the Hub to be invaluable. It is not the same as BB10 but it has some features that are unique on the Priv that u should check out.

The PKB is still my go to for long texts and emails, as well as for accuracy in messages and selecting texts. I also love the Passport like features of the PKB, with the trackpad and swipe to delete and flick words.

Google Apps, no more workarounds for apps.

Dtek.

Ultimately, u need to decide for urself and not let others dictate any choice that u make with anything in life. My husband is a longtime Samsung user and he described the Priv as very BlackBerry like and business like. He was quite impressed with it.

And I have had no lag or heating issues.

Posted via my Priv
    04-16-16 08:23 AM
    Think about the Physical keyboard and the MicroSD card support.
    I was considering the Note5 before I got the Priv....but even thought I don't know how good the keyboard is back then, the lack of storage expansion is a deal breaker for me with the Note5.
    Now that I have the Priv for the last three months, I don't regret picking it over the Note5. Physical keyboard is definitely better for typing.
    We also have a Note2 and a Note4 in the household, so I know them well.
    But for me, the Physical keyboard on the Priv are the real winner.
    All other android features are just android.
    The stylus on the Note are nice, but only if you have a real use case for it.....i have never seen my wife took it out from her phone. LOL

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    04-16-16 08:27 AM
    How is the music and video player? Is it a similar experience to my Z10.

The big draw for me is that you can directly download/upload mp3s to my dancers. The sound quality is not a big deal but I do want a nice easy UI. I also take tons of videos for cleaning and reblocking dances. Heard tons of stuff about the camera. Anyone take lots of vids?

Also... sorry if this post is in the wrong place or not needed. However, yes... part laziness on my part in not reading the pages and pages of posts. And what I really need is a "I'm a dancer and I use a Priv... are are my experiences " section. Thanks guy!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 08:28 AM
    I didn't even think about the Note 5 not being expandable! The lack of a microSD slot has always been a reason that I have stuck with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    04-16-16 08:50 AM
    The Priv has occasional lag (and there are some MM bugs causing lag for me in certain circumstances, which I won't get into and I'm sure will be fixed), but it is NOT, by any means, a laggy device.

Any Samsung (ANY of them) are laggy devices. Period.

Your friend has no idea what they're talking about.

04-16-16 08:54 AM

I just purchased a Priv. Have been a long time BlackBerry user (upgrading from my Z10, which I have loved...drawbacks and all)

The thing is I don't pick up my Priv till Sunday night as I'm away on business. Since then I have mentioned getting the Priv to my friends, many of whom use either Android devices and iPhones, and have been questioned / bullied into second guessing my choice.

I was seriously thinking of jumping ship and getting the Note 5. But I do think the combination of Android and BlackBerry is a winning combination for me and what I do. I own a dance studio so I'm either downloading music writing emails or going through spread sheets. I'm also hardly on my laptop anymore since the Z10.

My friend who has a Note says she can do everything on her phone that the Priv can do, but it's a smoother less "laggy" experience.

Priv owners, how does all this supposed lag affect you in your personal / working life? I know snapdragon 808 isn't as fast a processor as what is out there. But does it affect your enjoyment of the phone?

Basically afraid of buyer's remorse. So sound of on all that you hate, but most importantly love about this phone!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    On a different but related note, people constantly think that my watch is an apple watch. But in reality, it is a pebble. When people realize this, they question why I didn't get an apple watch instead, without even knowing what a pebble is. Being a Blackberry user won't win you any fashion awards from your friends, but I like to think for myself and find a device that is best for my needs. The PRIV isn't better or worse than a Note, but it's definitely different. For me, I like seeing what apps are accessing my info (which caused me to Uninstaller quite a few, like the spg app), the touch sensitive keyboard, and the hub. No other phone has these, thus I'm sticking with the PRIV.

You have to decide what is best for you, not me or your friends. The priv is a fantastic device overall and you shouldn't feel remorse after using it.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    Ernest Xiang likes this.
    04-16-16 09:45 AM
    How can your friends second guess your choice without having used the device themselves, even go far enough to say the Note can do everything the PRIV can but without lag?

bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-16 09:53 AM
    How is the music and video player? Is it a similar experience to my Z10.

The big draw for me is that you can directly download/upload mp3s to my dancers. The sound quality is not a big deal but I do want a nice easy UI. I also take tons of videos for cleaning and reblocking dances. Heard tons of stuff about the camera. Anyone take lots of vids?

Also... sorry if this post is in the wrong place or not needed. However, yes... part laziness on my part in not reading the pages and pages of posts. And what I really need is a "I'm a dancer and I use a Priv... are are my experiences " section. Thanks guy!

Posted via CB10
    The Priv doesn't really come with any default video players installed. It has Google Play Music installed, which is good and everything, but I immediately installed PlayerPro for my music (since I like te interface, no other real reason) and MX Player for videos. Between the two I'm sorted. BB10 spoiled us with the better-than-average built-in music and video players, but with the Google Play Store you can find apps that are similar or better if you do some digging.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv
    Sigewif likes this.
    04-16-16 10:03 AM
    I would bet your friends really have never tried a Priv and don't known what they are talking about.

Be different, or at least listen to your heart and get what you want.

I love my Priv.

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    04-16-16 10:03 AM
    Your friends bullied you?? You need new friends! Like most people have said on here, get the phone that best suits your needs. I don't have the Priv yet, but I do have the Note 5 and I love it. If you need a phone with a stylus then nothing beats the Note 5. But if you don't see yourself ever using the stylus then stick with the Priv if you're happy with it. I will say this, the larger screen on the Note 5 is beautiful. I have the 64gb version and still have plenty of storage left. It depends on how much stuff you store in your phone. Either way, you can't go wrong with the Priv or the Note 5. There are a few videos on youtube comparing the Note 5 and the Priv. You should check them out.
    04-16-16 11:07 AM
    another woman afraid of buyers remorse, its a fricking phone do what you feel you need.
    I had a lady buy my SE and after she got it BB put the on sale for 20% off and I been going at it with her for weeks because she said its defective which she lies and its perfect!
    Buy what you want its a stupid phone they all do about the same things just a different name on it the guts are all about the same.

I like my Priv its not perfect nothing is and I am sure you are not perfect either go with what you like and worry about something else that really matters like ICECREAM
    04-16-16 11:26 AM
    I agree with most here. You have security issues. A grown person, being bullied by friends to buying a phone? Grow up.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 11:39 AM
    Okay when I say "bullying " I mean to say "the cackle of annoying dance moms who care more about appearance than substance and are annoyingly vocal about it"

I'm a nice girl, but no push over!!

Posted via CB10
    djchrisluna and hamilgs like this.
    04-16-16 11:43 AM
    Both phones will be on the same OS in the next month or so so the note can't really do anything more than the priv. I don't own a Priv but my friend who switched from the z10 says it's almost as smooth as BB10.

The real differences to consider are the Priv's physical keyboard and hub. Versus the Note's much larger screen and stylus. The Note also has a better camera but the Priv camera is no potato, and if you've been fine with what the z10 offers, this will certainly be a step up.
    04-16-16 11:57 AM
    If you don't like your phone, that's that.

04-16-16 12:07 PM
    Get what you want and be happy.
    04-16-16 12:18 PM
    Priv is highly durable, and what other phone has a carbon/glass/silicon back.

You will be going back to an aluminum she'll that probably won't stand up to the scratch test.
    04-16-16 12:24 PM

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    And I'm guessing your friend hasn't even held a Priv and has no clue if it ever "lags" . mine doesn't lag at all, and from I've read, it will be even snappier and smooth once Marshmallow rolls out in a few weeks.

Priv is a great device, especially if you want to keep some of the BlackBerry experience. I can't put mine down!

As for music player, etc . . . it's a typical android device like the Note... you can get a choice of dozens of apps for anything. I use PowerAmp for music and it's much better than the bb10 stock player.

04-16-16 12:27 PM
    Hey you die-hard BlackBerrier, go easy on the OP friends will you.
    To the OP, I am sure you understand that this is our normal friendly way of telling you not to listen to anybody who is saying against BlackBerry.
    Just get the Priv. Then you can bully your friend with it.

Posted from my Passport
    04-16-16 12:28 PM
170 123 ...