Priv #1 . Bought February 2016. Battery life was always bad, became laggy over time. Always ran warm. Ran hot several times a week. Over heated and shut down a few times. Eventually started random shut down /resets.

Priv #2 Received under warranty 2 weeks ago. Runs cool to very slightly warm. Very snappy. Battery life with the same use is 20-30% better with no sudden battery drains so far.

All I can say is wow. Two identical phones, totally different. To people with problemed Privs I get it. To people with good Privs I see why you love your Priv. I'm so happy my phone died under warranty. Was going to get an S7. Staying with Priv now.
    FF22, Nathan Conley and jakie55 like this.
    03-29-17 12:00 PM
    This seems to be a bit of a recurring theme. I got my Priv this past summer and it runs fine. Gets a little warm from time to time but nothing major.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    03-29-17 12:09 PM
    Great to hear. I am of the Latter ..PRIV running great and love it!
    03-29-17 12:09 PM
    Got my priv 1 year ago and it has always ran great
    03-29-17 01:54 PM
    I'm glad you posted this thread because we see so many horror stories and I'm one of the lucky people who have a solid Priv. Glad you have at least one also.
    03-29-17 01:57 PM
    OMG seriusly guys
    so you dont know why the batterry gets worst as the time passing with a hot priv ??? I fo not know why they get hot but if something gets hot then it destroys our battery.

Why in the blackberry forums upper right ???? Forums -> where is Blackberry priv there is bb classic , dtek50 , 60 , key etc where is the Priv OFFtopic but it is really important to know why ? I dont know hot to get here as i log into .....
    03-29-17 02:37 PM
    I'm glad you posted this thread because we see so many horror stories and I'm one of the lucky people who have a solid Priv. Glad you have at least one also.
    Ya.. I think if you get a newer one with Marshmallow installed you are fine. I think a lot of the early adopters have the biggest issues.
    03-29-17 09:00 PM
    OMG seriusly guys
    so you dont know why the batterry gets worst as the time passing with a hot priv ??? I fo not know why they get hot but if something gets hot then it destroys our battery.

Why in the blackberry forums upper right ???? Forums -> where is Blackberry priv there is bb classic , dtek50 , 60 , key etc where is the Priv OFFtopic but it is really important to know why ? I dont know hot to get here as i log into .....
    You have to look close. All the others have BlackBerry first but priv is "priv by BlackBerry" I still have to look twice sometimes because my eyes will scan right past it
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    03-29-17 10:30 PM
    true its says priv by Blackberry and not Blackberry Priv
    03-31-17 05:16 AM
    I'm pretty convinced that BB had QC issues with the early Priv batteries and/or power circuitry. Kinda like they had QC issues with 'creaky and clicky'. And then Lollipop was a bad OS for this particular device, adding to the heat issues. If you got what would have normally been a marginal but OK unit with Marshmallow, the Lollipop heat issue could have degraded it enough to push it into the problem category by the time Marshmallow arrived.
    Those same QC problems have persisted to this day, but far fewer of them in the later units.

And the majority of the Privs don't have this problem. I feel for you guys that do have the problem, but just looking at these threads, it's obvious you are in a small but significant minority.
    03-31-17 06:24 AM
    Got my brand new Priv seven months ago. After tinkering with it for a day just to check if the hardware was fine, I immediately upgraded to marshmallow. Have had none of the known issues I've read on the forums. It does sound like early build units and lollipop were the problematic variables. I'm so stoked with my Priv I'm still thinking of purchasing a backup unit with the price so low these days.
    04-13-17 06:36 PM