Hey guys was wandering if yous can help me i just got an update from blackberry not at at I'm using unlocked version. With this new update from BlackBerry i got the new security patch for October but i already done an update through an autoloader for marshmallow has this new update properly installed marshmallow or was it just a security update. When i done the update through an autoloader my phone was kinda buggy lyk when i restarted my phone it was lyk there was 2 screens on my phone and it would heat up and shut down i have also noticed i no longer have any at@t apps would it be safe to restart my phone to see if i have the same problem I'm not going to until i have an answer I'm just hoping this update from BlackBerry has installed marshmallow properly in future i think i will wait for BlackBerry to put out updates but every1 was sayin because i had an atat branded phone i wasn't going to get updates that's why i used the autoloader in the first place
    10-23-16 12:24 PM
    So, how is it working now? Have you done any full reboot/restart? That might help. I have not looked in the autloader thread to see if the new "non-AT&T" version is there. You might want to try one more autoloader if this new version is being offered.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    10-23-16 12:41 PM
    Hey i just restarted my phone it doesn't seem to be doing the 2 screens or is it overheating i think the new blackberry update also installed marshmallow still not sure though
    FF22 likes this.
    10-23-16 01:12 PM
    Hey i just restarted my phone it doesn't seem to be doing the 2 screens or is it overheating i think the new blackberry update also installed marshmallow still not sure though
    Main Settings, About... look down about halfway: Android Version - MM is 6.xxxxxx
    10-23-16 02:41 PM
    Hey guys was wandering if yous can help me i just got an update from blackberry not at at I'm using unlocked version. With this new update from BlackBerry i got the new security patch for October but i already done an update through an autoloader for marshmallow has this new update properly installed marshmallow or was it just a security update. When i done the update through an autoloader my phone was kinda buggy lyk when i restarted my phone it was lyk there was 2 screens on my phone and it would heat up and shut down i have also noticed i no longer have any at@t apps would it be safe to restart my phone to see if i have the same problem I'm not going to until i have an answer I'm just hoping this update from BlackBerry has installed marshmallow properly in future i think i will wait for BlackBerry to put out updates but every1 was sayin because i had an atat branded phone i wasn't going to get updates that's why i used the autoloader in the first place
    If you're using an unlocked branded At&t phone that you bought online then you are receiving blackberry direct OTA update. There's a news story about in on Crackberry
    10-26-16 01:49 PM