If you don't have anything stored on your Priv that you need to back up you are in fine shape. I had to back up all my information which was a minor PITA but it went a lot smoother than I was anticipating. After doing a factory reset I was, and have been, good to go. Dealing with AT&T Technical Support unfortunately will be a waste of time in my opinion and that time is better spent doing a factory reset.

Bob
    Hey Bob, I know you had issues with an update a few months ago. What security date is a locked AT&T PRIV on now? I'm on December 2016 patch.
    02-18-17 11:30 AM
    Hey Bob, I know you had issues with an update a few months ago. What security date is a locked AT&T PRIV on now? I'm on December 2016 patch.
    Yep... my Software Update Screen was grayed out after the November update. I was not able to get the December update until after I did the factory reset. Since then I have received the January and February without any issues.

I'm currently on the February 5 update Build AAJ057 on my AT&T branded and carrier locked Priv.

Bob
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    02-18-17 03:27 PM
    Yep... my Software Update Screen was grayed out after the November update. I was not able to get the December update until after I did the factory reset. Since then I have received the January and February without any issues.

I'm currently on the February 5 update Build AAJ057 on my AT&T branded and carrier locked Priv.

Bob
    Such a weird deal yesterday. I kept telling the update button to try and get it to proc, and it finally did but the WiFi wasn't connected so it wasn't downloading. By the time I connected, it wouldn't download, but kept giving me the greyed out screen.

After about 6 hours, it finally started downloading. I think the greyed out screen means that it is stuck pulling the update down for whatever reason. Obviously, yours was a bigger issue a couple months ago however. Either way, looks like I skipped the January update and am now on February.
    02-19-17 08:39 AM
    Such a weird deal yesterday. I kept telling the update button to try and get it to proc, and it finally did but the WiFi wasn't connected so it wasn't downloading. By the time I connected, it wouldn't download, but kept giving me the greyed out screen.

After about 6 hours, it finally started downloading. I think the greyed out screen means that it is stuck pulling the update down for whatever reason. Obviously, yours was a bigger issue a couple months ago however. Either way, looks like I skipped the January update and am now on February.
    I'm glad you were finally able to get the current update... skipping January is not an issue as you are on the current build now. Yes, my issue apparently was more serious as the grayed out screen would not clear and that's why I ended up doing the factory reset and all is good now... fingers crossed.

Hopefully you won't have any issues in the future.. me as well!!!

Bob
    02-19-17 09:52 AM
29 12