Just got a brand new AT&T Priv, unlocked it and using on TMobile. Software is 5.1 and says "you got the latest." Is there a way to upgrade it myself? Or should I sell it and find a factory Priv or T-Mobile Priv?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-26-16 06:36 AM
    Factory PRIV gets updates direct from BlackBerry and carrier branded get whenever the carriers decide to release. No guarantee a carrier will ever release every or any.
    06-26-16 06:58 AM
    The way it is now, AT&T branded phones cannot be updated, when there is not AT&T sim card in the phone. Even if it's unlocked.
    Additionally the AT&T Marshmallow update is currently only available to a small group of beta users.

You could wait for the autoloader to become available (Priv OS builds thread), but updating via autoloader will always wipe your device (and picking the wrong carrier version will brick it).
    06-26-16 07:01 AM
    Mine was the same. It updated a couple times, but latest update is from may. A friend who is also on ATT has 6.0... not sure why mine wouldn't get the same
    06-26-16 09:20 AM
    Mine was the same. It updated a couple times, but latest update is from may. A friend who is also on ATT has 6.0... not sure why mine wouldn't get the same
    Your friend is either in the beta program, or running a Factory Unlocked device on AT&T.
    06-26-16 11:17 AM
    He doesn't even know about beta. And it's a phone he got at ATT store
    06-26-16 12:33 PM
    He doesn't even know about beta. And it's a phone he got at ATT store
    Sorry, but unless we see pics of the device running Marshmallow I'm going to think you or your friend is lying

Posted via the Priv for Android
    06-26-16 04:58 PM
    Yeah. Loads of fun , lying on forums...what a moron...i will have to look at his phone again. He has had the priv before me. And his OS looked slightly different than mine. I checked his OS and it was from June and I swear it said 6.0..mine was 5.x version from April, did a software update and it loaded a version from May..
    06-26-16 06:32 PM
    I'm not accusing anyone of lying, but I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.
    I've put incorrect info on here, not realizing so, then had to correct it or be corrected.
    And I guess there is always the possibility that AT&T sold him a return as new, from someone in the Beta.
    06-27-16 03:23 AM