This morning, when I woke up my PRIV (and taking it off the charger), I found a message that AT&T had a software update. I "clicked" on the message and the update started. About ten minutes later, the screen went black and the phone started back up with "Blackberry. Powered by Android." but went to an icon with the Android robot laying on it's side with a red triangle and "!" and the word "Error!."

I called AT&T support and after about 30 minutes of over-the-phone "fixes" nothing changed. The Tech said she would call back in two hours when the Support Group opens (6:00 CST -- fifteen minutes from now).

Any suggestions?
    05-28-16 05:47 AM
    Sounds like the update didn't go well. More than likely you will need to reload that OS or maybe ATT will send you a replacement phone. I don't think there is anything you can do
    05-28-16 06:03 AM
    05-28-16 06:04 AM
    Had the same issue occur. Power cycle the device it will boot up. Just know it took me up to 3hrs to get it back.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-28-16 08:22 AM
    Update: While I was on the phone with AT&T the first call, we tried these three things to get it started.

1. Hold the Power button down for 12 seconds and wait for reboot.
    2. Hold the Power button down for 32 seconds and wait for reboot.
    3. On physical keyboard, press alt/right shift/delete and wait for reboot.

None of those worked.

After waiting 11/2 hours past when the first AT&T Tech said she would call, I called AT&T again. This time the AT&T Tech called Blackberry for me. I told the BB Tech what we had tried (the above stuff). She said there was one more thing to try.

Hold the "Power" button and the "Decrease Volume" button down (at the same time) for 30 seconds. After a short wait (30+ seconds), the phone started normally. It then went into a "completing update" session. Bottom line: All is right with the world... the phone is back in operation.
    Last edited by RonBoyd; 05-28-16 at 09:10 AM.
    FF22 and bluetroll like this.
    05-28-16 08:32 AM
    ALT+SHFT+DEL hasn't worked since OS7 wondered who suggested that to you... But congrats on getting the device to work again! Scary moments...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-28-16 at 09:10 AM.
    tonycara57 likes this.
    05-28-16 08:57 AM
    Scary moments...
    Definitely that!
    05-28-16 09:03 AM
    Update: While I was on the phone with AT&T the first call, we tried these three things to get it started.

1. Hold the Power button down for 12 seconds and wait for reboot.
    2. Hold the Power button down for 32 seconds and wait for reboot.
    3. On physical keyboard, press alt/right shift/delete and wait for reboot.

None of those worked.

After waiting 1� past when the first AT&T Tech said she would call, I called AT&T again. This time the AT&T Tech called Blackberry for me. I told the BB Tech what we had tried (the above stuff). She said there was one more thing to try.

Hold the "Power" button and the "Decrease Volume" button down (at the same time) for 30 seconds. After a short wait (30+ seconds), the phone started normally. It then went into a "completing update" session. Bottom line: All is right with the world... the phone is back in operation.
    Im glad for you buddy
    05-28-16 09:08 AM
    So, after all that, what was the update?
    FF22 and middbrew like this.
    05-28-16 09:34 AM
    So, after all that, what was the update?
    Yeah, that is kinda disappointing also. I still have Android v5.1.1 installed and the BB Tech looked it up and said the Marshmellow version was (what I already knew) not approved by AT&T yet. Beyond that I know nothing.

I have had this phone less than two weeks (it is a backup to my Passport) and I am still struggling with the learning curve -- my first experience with Android as well. Where would I look to see what exactly was "updated/upgraded"?

BTW, it did take quite a while, not counting the "failure to boot" time, to download (~hour) and over thirty minutes to install -- the bulk of that time was "updating" 124 apps.
    05-28-16 09:50 AM
    Yeah, that is kinda disappointing also. I still have Android v5.1.1 installed and the BB Tech looked it up and said the Marshmellow version was (what I already knew) not approved by AT&T yet. Beyond that I know nothing.

I have had this phone less than two weeks (it is a backup to my Passport) and I am still struggling with the learning curve -- my first experience with Android as well. Where would I look to see what exactly was "updated/upgraded"?

BTW, it did take quite a while, not counting the "failure to boot" time, to download (~hour) and over thirty minutes to install -- the bulk of that time was "updating" 124 apps.
    Probably the latest Security Update.

That's what I got the last time it was "updating ... xxx apps" but I'm on the other S L O W network - Verizon.
    05-28-16 10:38 AM
    Probably the latest Security Update.
    That is my guess also. I first thought it might be this: Priv apps updated in the Google Play Store - Camera, DTEK and more! | CrackBerry.com

But the camera app displays none of these attributes:

Manual controls for the perfect shot.
    Change the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, white balance, and exposure, and manually focus on a subject.
    Adjust the controls with a swipe on the screen or the physical keyboard.
    Introduction screens when you first open the app
    Usability enhancements and bug fixes
    05-28-16 11:35 AM
    I think the iso and shutter speed update is tied to MM. The only thing that got changed on the lolilop update was the light meter UI

05-28-16 12:31 PM
    The only thing that got changed on the lolilop update was the light meter UI
    Light meter? Do you mean the Lightmeter app?
    05-28-16 01:02 PM
    That is my guess also. I first thought it might be this: Priv apps updated in the Google Play Store - Camera, DTEK and more! | CrackBerry.com

But the camera app displays none of these attributes:

Manual controls for the perfect shot.
    Change the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, white balance, and exposure, and manually focus on a subject.
    Adjust the controls with a swipe on the screen or the physical keyboard.
    Introduction screens when you first open the app
    Usability enhancements and bug fixes
    Those need Marshmallow.
    05-28-16 01:19 PM
    Those need Marshmallow.
    Then the Winner is... Security update.
    05-28-16 01:29 PM
    Then the Winner is... Security update.
    My version of The Scream:

AT&T PRIV Software update-scream-tree.jpg
    misterabrasive and middbrew like this.
    05-28-16 01:35 PM
    My version of The Scream:
    Outstanding!!
    05-28-16 01:42 PM

System settings / all the way to the bottom, about phone. That will tell you what OS version you are on and which security update you have.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-28-16 02:40 PM
    Got the same update a few days ago, was thinking it might of been Mm but it seems to me a minor security update.

05-28-16 02:50 PM
    System settings / all the way to the bottom, about phone. That will tell you what OS version you are on and which security update you have.
    Now, I am not sure what took place. As I said, the Android version is 5.1.1 (that's where I got that data). The "Android security patch level," however, is February 1, 2016. It is Build number "AAD447..." The BB Tech asked for this number to confirm the upgrade/update.
    05-28-16 02:55 PM
    I had the issue with not having the most up-to-date security patch. All you have to do to get the May Security update is to plug you priv into your charger then go to settings select date and time. Change it from automatic to manual and advance the date 3 to 5 days ahead then back out and go to about phone and check for an update and that should trigger the next security update. Then once your up to date you switch the date and time back to automatic.

FF22 likes this.
    05-28-16 04:24 PM
    I had the issue with not having the most up-to-date security patch. All you have to do to get the May Security update is to plug you priv into your charger then go to settings select date and time. Change it from automatic to manual and advance the date 3 to 5 days ahead then back out and go to about phone and check for an update and that should trigger the next security update. Then once your up to date you switch the date and time back to automatic.
    Oh! That sounds good. At three days advanced, I still get the message: "No update is available for your device at this time. Please try again in 24 hours."

However, setting the date ahead five days does, indeed, trigger an "Update available" message. I don't need to tell you that visions of making this thread a "loop" but I went ahead and approved the update anyway.

Yippee! The new "Android security patch level" is now May 1, 2016.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-28-16 05:10 PM
    Oh! That sounds good. At three days advanced, I still get the message: "No update is available for your device at this time. Please try again in 24 hours."

However, setting the date ahead five days does, indeed, trigger an "Update available" message. I don't need to tell you that visions of making this thread a "loop" but I went ahead and approved the update anyway.

Yippee! The new "Android security patch level" is now May 1, 2016.
    Hmmm, I wonder if I set the date to May 31, 2017 will get me the Verizon MM update? Nah, I probably need 2018!
    c1ferret, rbtg and misterabrasive like this.
    05-28-16 05:56 PM
    Light meter? Do you mean the Lightmeter app?
    No I mean the Exposure setting UI is the only change on lolipop.

05-28-16 10:16 PM
27 12