I popped in the t-mobile SIM and it works but the signal is weak. The LTE is barely on one bar and BBM keeps losing connection due to the poor network. Is there anything I can install to make the phone more compatible on t-mobile network?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 12:05 AM
    One bar on the Priv is a 'fair' signal, you can't compare the bars to other phones, or even previous BlackBerry's.
    TMo has not fully rolled out LTE yet, they are working hard at it, but in many rural areas and even some urban areas it's spotty.
    If the phone allows the option, go into network settings and try it on 3G only. If that gives you a real improvement, then you'll just have to leave it on that till TMo finishes.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-16 08:33 AM
    My priv I got on T-mobile is weak also. It is so let the bar thing go. At Greenpoint I get no service at all and with my z30 I got signal out side most all the time and now with the priv nothing. It is what it is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-23-16 09:52 AM
    I popped in the t-mobile SIM and it works but the signal is weak. The LTE is barely on one bar and BBM keeps losing connection due to the poor network. Is there anything I can install to make the phone more compatible on t-mobile network?

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via the Priv for Android
    07-23-16 10:37 AM
    Tmobile and att priv are the same variant STV100-1
    07-23-16 11:01 AM
    I have run my Priv and a Z30 next to each other on T-Mobile's network. The Priv generally outperforms, and where there is Band 12 it performs where the Z30 doesn't at all (because the Z30 has no Band12 support!)

In fact I just did exactly this about three weeks ago on a cross-country trip with another person in the car that has a Z30, both of us with T-Mobile SIMs in our phones. The Priv's performance as superior in all respects and at all times.
    07-23-16 02:42 PM
    Well the tmobile SIM card works fine on my Classic I bought from ShopBB. I get full bars and strong signal. But my Priv keeps hitting 4G and barely maintains LTE. I live in a city that is supported by tmobile LTE.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 03:13 PM
    I'm becoming convinced the QC was just really bad on lots of levels on these devices. Some got weak radio's / antennas, some got bad batteries / power supplies, some got mechanical problems. And a lot of us got good ones.
    07-23-16 08:34 PM
    And a lot of us got good ones.
    Reading the forums, it doesn't seem to be that the "a lot of us" you discuss as getting the 'good ones' are in the majority... More accurately put as 'a marginal few of us' at best... Speaking solely on battery alone, this includes quite a few tech blogs that have reviewed the Priv only to find its battery flaccid as well...

Now, in regards to the signal/antenna, I have NOT had an issue... I have T-Mobile also and find my Priv's signal to be fairly on par with my Classic's... My battery however, AWFUL and this being said and as I stated numerous times, I attribute to recent OS upgrades, as my battery life when 1st moving from Lollipop to Marshmallow Beta 2 was phenomenal... However Beta 5 and now Beta 7 has tanked it once more... So to me, it is LESS likely I have a QC issue with my Priv's build and more likely BlackBerry has not fine tuned their OS appropriately as far as my battery life goes... Otherwise, I would not have seen such drastic fall-back simply upgrade to upgrade as I have... and YES, BTW, I have factory reset my Priv 3 times now, nothing making it better nor returning it to the success I had with Beta 2...

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 08:45 PM
    As has been pointed out many times before, people aren't going to come to these forums and complain about how good their battery is.
    Every time the battery comes up there are almost as many claiming decent battery as claiming bad.
    And I have to believe the 'silent majority' are doing fine with battery, otherwise they would be looking for answers, and would be here complaining.
    chopperChris likes this.
    07-23-16 09:35 PM
    As has been pointed out many times before, people aren't going to come to these forums and complain about how good their battery is.
    Every time the battery comes up there are almost as many claiming decent battery as claiming bad.
    And I have to believe the 'silent majority' are doing fine with battery, otherwise they would be looking for answers, and would be here complaining.
    Your observation is universally recognized and acknowledged by statisticians. Negative feelings are always more expressed than positive ones. In the words of Bill Murray in "Stripes" , "that's a fact, Jack!"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    07-23-16 09:49 PM