Does anyone know or have an idea of when AT&T will release the Marshmellow Update for the PRIV by Blackberry????

I love the PRIV by Blackberry but came back to my Samsung Galaxy S6 mainly because I have the Marshmellow Update.

I am just curious.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-16 09:22 AM
    Sometime soon....
    05-23-16 10:03 AM
    Methinks you should mellow out a bit. You'll get it eventually

Bla1ze likes this.
    05-23-16 11:13 AM
    05-23-16 11:15 AM
    Why do you think today?
    05-23-16 01:44 PM
    I have nothing. AT&T is never in a rush to help customers. The only time they are in a rush is to take your money
    c1ferret and Sparksx like this.
    05-23-16 02:11 PM
    No one outside of AT&T knows the answer. And, AT&T never even hints at it until the day of release. Until then, even their own CS reps won't know, and simply answer "we are working on it" to questions about it right up to the moment of release.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 03:44 PM
    No one outside of AT&T knows the answer. And, AT&T never even hints at it until the day of release. Until then, even their own CS reps won't know, and simply answer "we are working on it" to questions about it right up to the moment of release.

Posted via CB10
    This pretty much sums it up despite what people are told by their sisters, cousins, and neighbors who work for AT&T as has been posted here... These reputable sources that are reported to never being wrong, and AT&T customer service reps, don't know.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    05-23-16 05:16 PM
    Wow, no one gave the expected response...

Two weeks!
    05-23-16 05:47 PM
    Our corporate AT&T rep rocks a Priv and got it in the last couple weeks, so they seem to be testing with their employees at least.

05-23-16 07:39 PM
    Wow, no one gave the expected response...

Two weeks!
    Hahahaha, that's great.
    05-23-16 08:07 PM
    Why do you think today?
    I don't. Just an answer. No one knows, might as well say today, tomorrow, next week, or next month. Asking on here won't give any answers
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-16 08:08 PM
    Sometime between yesterday and never

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    05-23-16 08:28 PM
    My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S6 from AT&T and she doesn't have it either. I think AT&T isn't pushing it through with any kind of urgency to it's older phone until the nail the roll out of their newer phones. (Like the S&7)
    05-23-16 09:33 PM

I think people missed the humor here.

adamjw2, lang007 and Sigewif like this.
    05-24-16 02:50 AM
    My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S6 from AT&T and she doesn't have it either. I think AT&T isn't pushing it through with any kind of urgency to it's older phone until the nail the roll out of their newer phones. (Like the S&7)
    I have Marshmellow on my Samsung Galaxy S6; got it within the lase week or so. Just waitimg for it on my PRIV.

05-24-16 08:14 PM
    Seriously? It's Wednesday afternoon of a new week and no one has posted a release date. Come on people... call your sister, cousin, or uncle who works for AT&T and get us the release date. Or at the very least have a chat with an AT&T customer service rep... 🙊🙉🙈

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-16 04:18 PM
    Second Tuesday of next week.
    I have that from a completely reliable source.
    Who is never, ever wrong. Except sometimes. And usually thats on a Thursday.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-25-16 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjw2 View Post

I think people missed the humor here.
    LOL Now I am wondering if it got bogged down in a marsh. But seriously, I feel for those who are still waiting for it. One can wonder: what are they waiting for? As of today, it is the 30th day since I got MM (ShopBlackBerry Priv). The marshes tend to dry out in late spring or by summer in our neck of the woods. Hopefully it shows up before too long.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 05-25-16 at 11:33 PM.
    treidnote likes this.
    05-25-16 07:16 PM
    I hope sooner or later there will be FCC rulings saying that carriers cannot touch system updates.
    05-26-16 06:14 AM
    I called AT&T to discuss a billing issue with my account last night. After fixing the errors I asked the rep if they knew when the Marshmallow update would be released to the Priv.......the rep could not find any information so she transferred me to tech support. The tech could not answer the question either so I was transferred again to a product manager. This is where it gets interesting......he said that the Priv is being discontinued by the end of June and that they are not going to be maintaining it to the latest Android software. It will be getting the security updates until the end of 2016. So, according to a product manager, no Marshmallow. Guess I need to figure out how to get mine unlocked.......knew I should have never purchased it directly from AT&T but I was in a jam when my Passport broke.
    05-26-16 06:39 AM
    So it is possible to unlock the Priv? Like through those websites where you pay for the unlock key?

Productivity via THE PRIV
    05-26-16 06:43 AM
    So it is possible to unlock the Priv? Like through those websites where you pay for the unlock key?

Productivity via THE PRIV
    Yes it is possible, but not make any difference for software update.
    05-26-16 06:54 AM
    If this is true, BlackBerry had better be retaking control of the ATT-branded Privs.

This is just more ammunition for that carrier investigation being performed by the government. Carriers should have no control in these important matters.

Disgraceful

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 07:27 AM
    CMIIW, but Priv is the first and the only time in history that a blackberry device can only be updated by approval from cell carrier.

I really think Blackberry drop the ball on this one...
    05-26-16 07:35 AM
57 123