Your right it came unlocked from att, she said that the STV100-1 is all unlocked. I wasn't even given a code. She told me to hang up and put another sim in.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    So did you load MM???
    06-01-16 05:48 PM
    If my phone is working with a straight talk sim don't that mean it's unlocked? Or would I have to try a T-mobile sim?
    06-01-16 05:52 PM
    No I didn't even try, just because it unlocked don't mean I'll get the update, it still will have to be released by att.
    06-01-16 05:56 PM
    If my phone is working with a straight talk sim don't that mean it's unlocked? Or would I have to try a T-mobile sim?
    No it's unlocked.
    06-01-16 07:58 PM
    No it's unlocked.
    I just tried it with a T-mobile sim and it's locked, I found out att and straight talk work together that's why the straight talk sim worked. I'm calling again tomorrow to get my dang code , this phone Is paid for so there's no reason it should be locked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    06-01-16 08:44 PM
    I just tried it with a T-mobile sim and it's locked, I found out att and straight talk work together that's why the straight talk sim worked. I'm calling again tomorrow to get my dang code , this phone Is paid for so there's no reason it should be locked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    You may have to get TMo to provision it, simply changing a SIM doesn't always work. Depends on carrier, device, and how the SIM is provisioned.

At one time you could drop a straight talk SIM into most devices, (unlocked) and be OK, but it didn't work on BlackBerry's, a couple other specific devices and iPhone was hit or miss. It's not always as simple as it seems.
    06-02-16 06:47 AM
    You may have to get TMo to provision it, simply changing a SIM doesn't always work. Depends on carrier, device, and how the SIM is provisioned.

At one time you could drop a straight talk SIM into most devices, (unlocked) and be OK, but it didn't work on BlackBerry's, a couple other specific devices and iPhone was hit or miss. It's not always as simple as it seems.
    How do I have them do that? I'm wanting to buy an unlocked BlackBerry Priv of Amazon but it's a unlocked phone but Att branded, will I still have to wait on att for the update?

06-02-16 08:00 AM
    How do I have them do that? I'm wanting to buy an unlocked BlackBerry Priv of Amazon but it's a unlocked phone but Att branded, will I still have to wait on att for the update?

AT&T branded means carrier locked. You need a factory unlocked phone. The amazon listing where they Priv is sold and shipped by Amazon is normally the factory unlocked one you are looking for.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    06-02-16 08:33 AM
    AT&T branded means carrier locked. You need a factory unlocked phone. The amazon listing where they Priv is sold and shipped by Amazon is normally the factory unlocked one you are looking for.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    The ones I'm seeing says there att factory unlocked. Put that won't help me with BlackBerry updates will it? I need a factory unlocked with no carrier branding on it.

06-02-16 08:39 AM
    The ones I'm seeing says there att factory unlocked. Put that won't help me with BlackBerry updates will it? I need a factory unlocked with no carrier branding on it.

Yes
    06-02-16 10:18 AM
    I'm sorry to hear about your AT&T experience. My local store had the Priv on full display, with knowledge reps trying to push it. They actually sold 5 units; however 3 of them were returned.

Passport to Rome
    Last time I was in my local AT&T corporate store was near the end of February. Both the store manager and one of the sales reps had PRIVs as their daily drivers and both said it was the better device compared to the GS6. Both were stoked on it. Another rep did not know much about the PRIV but did mention that people were coming in off the street to check it out and that they were still getting people coming in looking for the Passport and Classic. Only one rep was like "BlackBerry, eh, never heard of it" .

This store did have the PRIV in the back... sandwiched between the iPhone 6S Plus and 950XL.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    06-02-16 12:56 PM
    Last time I was in my local AT&T corporate store was near the end of February. Both the store manager and one of the sales reps had PRIVs as their daily drivers and both said it was the better device compared to the GS6. Both were stoked on it. Another rep did not know much about the PRIV but did mention that people were coming in off the street to check it out and that they were still getting people coming in looking for the Passport and Classic. Only one rep was like "BlackBerry, eh, never heard of it" .

This store did have the PRIV in the back... sandwiched between the iPhone 6S Plus and 950XL.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    What did they say about Marshmallow?
    06-02-16 02:55 PM
    I spoke with several AT&T "Advanced" or "Level 2" tech support agents regarding other issues but I always mentioned that they are infamous for usually being dead last in releasing OS updates to the BlackBerry community as well as not even getting MM out to hardly any users of other android devices.

As for me, I didn't get 10.1 until I read that there were reports that people were getting 10.2 already! So I wouldn't want to hold my head underwater waiting for AT&T to release much of anything before 2017. When I first set up the (now unusable) Priv for my wife both BlackBerry support and their website said that the monthly security updates would be installed automatically even if I hadn't gotten a SIM card to fit it yet but none of them ever did. So if I can't even get those I really don't hold much hope that we'll see MM from AT&T released before 2017. I'd love to be proven wrong, but worry about being right!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    06-05-16 04:45 AM
    I spoke with several AT&T "Advanced" or "Level 2" tech support agents regarding other issues but I always mentioned that they are infamous for usually being dead last in releasing OS updates to the BlackBerry community as well as not even getting MM out to hardly any users of other android devices.

As for me, I didn't get 10.1 until I read that there were reports that people were getting 10.2 already! So I wouldn't want to hold my head underwater waiting for AT&T to release much of anything before 2017. When I first set up the (now unusable) Priv for my wife both BlackBerry support and their website said that the monthly security updates would be installed automatically even if I hadn't gotten a SIM card to fit it yet but none of them ever did. So if I can't even get those I really don't hold much hope that we'll see MM from AT&T released before 2017. I'd love to be proven wrong, but worry about being right!

My S6 from Att received Marshmallow yesterday, but still nothing on my BlackBerry Priv

06-05-16 07:33 AM
    Well, that's still good news! Other than a few HTC devices I hadn't seen posts from users getting MM from AT&T. Of course, I only see postings from the folks that also have a BlackBerry of some sort or else they wouldn't be here! <G>

Still a good sign!

hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-05-16 05:25 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry user I just got such a good deal on this phone and I needed a work phone so I don't hurt my Priv.

06-05-16 05:31 PM
116 ... 345