A carrier unlocked AT&T Priv is arriving for me today. Before I decide whether to keep it or send it back, I really need to understand if and how I can keep this phone on the current Android release going forward.

Do I have to maintain an open AT&T account and current sim chip in order to upgrade Android versions directly from Blackberry? (My understanding is that AT&T is obligated to provide "security" updates at least to those phones they actually sold. But these updates are not necessarily new versions of Android itself.)

If I move to another compatible carriers (T-mobile) but keep a unactivated AT&T Sim will it work for updates from AT&T?

Will Blackberry be directly releasing Android versions for the AT&T branded phones or are we stuck forever with only getting these through AT&T should they actually provide them?

Thanks for any help. I understand that the answers to these questions may not be known outside of AT&T and Backberry, but I am asking anyway just in case.
    05-20-16 11:51 AM
    You will need an active sim card from AT&T , or a loader that might eventually be given out by BB
    05-20-16 11:55 AM
    You won't even get the security updates without an active AT&T SIM.
    Don't hold your breath on an autoloader, I suppose as SLFF said "might eventually be".
    05-20-16 04:35 PM
    You won't even get the security updates without an active AT&T SIM.
    Don't hold your breath on an autoloader, I suppose as SLFF said "might eventually be".
    The security loaders are in Thurask thread in the stickies. In the Priv section.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-1065667-new/
    05-20-16 06:09 PM
    The security loaders are in Thurask thread in the stickies. In the Priv section.

BlackBerry Priv Autoloaders - Page 6 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    True, the May security update is there for AT&T, and who knows, the Marshmallow autoloader for AT&T may be timely.
    Downside is, an autoloader wipes everything else on the phone. Not sure which would be worse, completely restoring your phone every month or doing the AT&T SIM dance.
    05-20-16 09:06 PM