Recently purchased the Seidio Surface case and holster combo for the PRIV. I've been noticing a problem when removing it from the holster, it will sometimes freeze up or a notification will pop up saying "System UI has crashed". Sometimes the freeze up can only be fixed by holding the power button and both volume buttons to reboot.

I'm guessing there's an issue with Daydream or something like that? I've turned off "Lift to Wake", "Flip to Save Power", "Daydream" etc.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've always loved Seidio's cases and holsters but will send this back if the holster is not useable.

(PRIV is Verizon model running Marshmallow)
    12-30-16 03:36 PM
    The sleep magnet sensor is about even with the volume up button an inch in, it will completely blank the screen.
    The window screen magnet sensor is about even with the volume down button, it will display the screen showing in the above screen shot.
    Sleep and window are two different sensors.
    Sounds like it might be a misbehaving window sensor, though I wouldn't rule out an app. Doubt it has anything to do with case magnet. The second you remove the magnet the screen should go to normal.
    This is the screen I get when it freezes

System UI crash and Freezing when using Seidio Surface and Holster-screenshot_20161229-215837.jpg
    12-30-16 03:52 PM
    I'm looking at the case description on Seidio's site, I'm not seeing anything here that would conflict with the software. There's no magnets or NFC fields integrated; do you have NFC or Bluetooth enabled?
    12-30-16 03:55 PM
    NFC is off but you triggered a thought with Bluetooth. I have my Fitbit paired as a Trusted Device for Smart Unlock. I'll play around with that
    12-30-16 04:15 PM
    This is the screen I get when it freezes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161229-215837.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	415086
    That's the screen displayed on the official Windowed BB flip Case when you first close it. It also happens from what I can tell with any case that triggers the sleep function but unless there's the Window, you never really see it. See the next reply - there are two distinct sensors.

But just reading the "headlines" on the DuckDuck site, it sounds as if something else might be triggering the error. Possibly some 3rd party app?? Something allowing, encouraging sleep?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=System+UI+...d&t=ffcm&ia=qa

Oh, when it is in that state, try moving a magnet over the front of the phone kind of centered top/bottom and about 1/2 inch or so in from the volume button panel.
    Last edited by FF22; 01-01-17 at 06:33 PM.
    john_v likes this.
    12-30-16 04:38 PM
    The sleep magnet sensor is about even with the volume up button an inch in, it will completely blank the screen.
    The window screen magnet sensor is about even with the volume down button, it will display the screen showing in the above screen shot.
    Sounds like it might be a misbehaving window sensor, though I wouldn't rule out an app. Doubt it has anything to do with case magnet. The second you remove the magnet the screen should go to normal.
    john_v likes this.
    01-01-17 10:17 AM

Good job distinguishing between the two sensors. I thought there was only the one.
    01-01-17 06:26 PM
    I took the magnet out of the holster and it works fine now. It obviously doesn't wake up when I pull it from the holster but I'm ok with that.
    01-03-17 08:12 AM
    It doesn't go to sleep when you put it in the holster either. You should be able to get Seidio to replace it, as I suspect the magnet was in the wrong place.
    Seidio was a top notch company, with top notch products, seems their QC has been slipping lately.
    Did you try a little magnet and see if sleep sensor is working? The two sensors are close enough that if sleep sensor is not working, the window sensor is picking up the sleep magnet. Still, it should go to a normal screen the second you remove the magnet.
    01-03-17 09:05 AM
    It doesn't go to sleep when you put it in the holster either. You should be able to get Seidio to replace it, as I suspect the magnet was in the wrong place.
    Seidio was a top notch company, with top notch products, seems their QC has been slipping lately.
    Did you try a little magnet and see if sleep sensor is working? The two sensors are close enough that if sleep sensor is not working, the window sensor is picking up the sleep magnet. Still, it should go to a normal screen the second you remove the magnet.
    I really didn't have time to play with it, nor do I have the time to deal with returns. Removing the magnet from the holster did the trick so I'm happy with it. I just want a good case to protect my PRIV and a holster to put it in, which I now have.

I do really appreciate you working through this issue with me...you embody the spirit of CrackBerry!
    Wezard and bluesqueen23 like this.
    01-03-17 09:19 AM
    Having same problem, it crashes when put in or out of holster

Do they make one that doesn't have magnet??
    02-03-17 10:36 PM