Samson gear s3 watch arrives tomorrow ,has anyone tried to sync with the priv yet,and if so how did you get on?

update...love it..calling and recieving call ok, but speaker a bit faint ,microphone very good. navigator works ( but probably wont use it.) sos tested and works.....uploaded some more watch faces(rolex lookalike) so far it does all it should do very pleased indeed.
    Last edited by pjdade; 12-22-16 at 06:48 AM. Reason: update
    12-13-16 04:04 PM
    Yep, works great. I got the s3 frontier and day 1 and it worked perfectly with my Priv. Tip: at first it wouldn't connect so I had to turn off/on the Bluetooth on my Priv and then it worked.

In the end I returned the S3 because style wise, it didn't work for me. I wanted something beefier and truly waterproof so I stuck with my Nixon Mission instead. I also found that I preferred Android Wear over Tizen. The rotating bezel was cool though but ultimately I went with form over function. Maybe I'll pick one up again in a year or so when the price comes down.

Enjoy your s3 when it arrives!
    Technically it should work, but it also not on the compatibility list. - Compatibility | Samsung Gear S3 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    12-13-16 07:41 PM
    Please add a post later to let me know if this watch works with the Priv as I am thinking about getting it as well.
    FF22 and Mirko935 like this.
    12-14-16 07:19 AM
    It should work fine.

Gear S3 pairs with smartphones running on Android 4.4 and higher with over 1.5GB RAM.
    * The following list is subject to change.
    12-14-16 08:56 AM
    I'm using the Gear S2 which has been updated to the same Tizen OS version as the S3 with my PRIV with no issues at all. Don't see why the S3 wouldn't work.
    Mirko935 and ICE72 like this.
    12-14-16 09:22 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for confirming this. I am kinda excited about trying it.
    12-14-16 11:24 AM
    Just keep an eye out for your wrist getting exceedingly hot.
    12-14-16 11:36 AM
    I like your kittens!
    12-14-16 05:27 PM
    Yep, works great. I got the s3 frontier and day 1 and it worked perfectly with my Priv. Tip: at first it wouldn't connect so I had to turn off/on the Bluetooth on my Priv and then it worked.

In the end I returned the S3 because style wise, it didn't work for me. I wanted something beefier and truly waterproof so I stuck with my Nixon Mission instead. I also found that I preferred Android Wear over Tizen. The rotating bezel was cool though but ultimately I went with form over function. Maybe I'll pick one up again in a year or so when the price comes down.

Enjoy your s3 when it arrives!
    Jane23 and Mirko935 like this.
    12-14-16 05:44 PM
    Should work. I have the gear fit 2 and it works fine. You need to install a few Samsung plug-ins I believe.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    12-14-16 05:49 PM
    It works,but not straight outa the box..you have to some rebooting but it gets there....love the thing....getting a new strap.
    I tried a G10 Nato strap but it blocks the charger just saying.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    12-15-16 02:02 AM
    I'm thinking about getting a Gear S3 too (once it becomes available where I live, it could take a month or two... :/ ), but all the reviews say that it doesn't work so well with non-Samsung phones, so I already began to doubt that idea.
    Good to know it actually works well, so thanks for all the responses.

I do kinda dislike the idea of several additional Samsung apps, but it is what it is.
    Could anyone confirm if activity tracking etc. works with Google Fit or will I have to use Samsung's S Health for that? Also, MyFitnessPal syncs with Fit and automatically counts steps and other activities in Fit as exercise, but I don't see S Health listed under apps that can be synced. Does anyone know something about how I could get Gear to sync with MFP? I wouldn't like to spend 400 € on the watch to find out it doesn't do what I need it to do.
    alludba likes this.
    12-15-16 03:14 AM
    I've had it now for two weeks,learning alot from this guy on youtube,he has a lot more time to discover what it can...worth a look...link below.
    12-18-16 06:13 AM
    Have you guys found a way to compose texts, bbms, or email from the watch? s voice keeps telling me some not available. But responding to messages works fine.
    12-26-16 05:45 AM
    Got my Gear 3, but can't seem to get the hub to display notifications on it although I have it selected. Texts and calendar work fine. Any suggestions

Passport on ATT or Priv on Verizon
    01-02-17 06:16 PM
    Got my Gear 3, but can't seem to get the hub to display notifications on it although I have it selected. Texts and calendar work fine. Any suggestions

I figured it out, somewhere along the way Hub notifications got set to off.

Gear S3 working great on the Priv, only thing that doesn't work is Samsung Pay which I knew about prior to purchase

bluesqueen23 likes this.
    01-03-17 07:09 PM
    Samsung pay does work with my Verizon PRIV and Samsung S3
    01-05-17 11:37 AM
    Samsung pay does work with my Verizon PRIV and Samsung S3
    Thanks for this. For some reason I thought it would only work on a Samsung phone but I did get it installed on my Verizon Priv.

01-07-17 09:47 AM
    I'm trying to find a place that actually has the Gear S3 to see one in person. I'm presuming that this is not as rare as a Passport which I've never seen.

No stores near me have any to see.
    01-07-17 10:18 AM
    I'm trying to find a place that actually has the Gear S3 to see one in person. I'm presuming that this is not as rare as a Passport which I've never seen.

No stores near me have any to see.
    Have you checked out a Best Buy store? All the ones I went into in Minneapolis and the Boston area had them on display in their Samsung area. I also looked at it in Macy's.
    01-07-17 12:15 PM
    Have you checked out a Best Buy store? All the ones I went into in Minneapolis and the Boston area had them on display in their Samsung area. I also looked at it in Macy's.
    You may be right that the Samsung Kiosk might have it on display. This is what I see if I search Bestbuy:

"We're sorry. This item is not available for pickup within 250 miles of 98103." So maybe there are none to purchase but can be seen.

Of course, unlike my current altimeter, barometer sportwatch where the coin battery lasts for months, this would need charging quite regularly. Meaning a power source.
    01-07-17 01:45 PM
    killarneygetaway
    I'm using the Gear S2 which has been updated to the same Tizen OS version as the S3 with my PRIV with no issues at all. Don't see why the S3 wouldn't work.

Your comment refers above. I have a Gear S2 and Priv. The last S health it syncs with in regards to steps and exercise is S health ver 4.7.00001 anything older and it does not sync. Do you have the latest version of S health and if so can you send me screen grabs of the app permissions to compare so i can try and figure out to fix same.

It would be much appreciated
    03-13-17 06:44 AM
    how did you get the watch to pair with Priv. Keepgetting a incorrect pin or keypass error. ???
    07-17-17 10:43 PM
    how did you get the watch to pair with Priv. Keepgetting a incorrect pin or keypass error. ???
    I would reboot or restart both devices and try again. My Priv and Gear S3 have been working together for months now.

Press the Power Button for 32 seconds on the Priv (ignoring prompts and buzzes). Press the Power button on the Watch until it reboots.

Goodl luck
    07-18-17 09:20 AM
    I would reboot or restart both devices and try again. My Priv and Gear S3 have been working together for months now.

Press the Power Button for 32 seconds on the Priv (ignoring prompts and buzzes). Press the Power button on the Watch until it reboots.

Goodl luck
    Hi again , did everything you suggested and still no pairing. I get the passkey on my watch and then my priv keeps showing (connecting) but after a while nothing . It comes back to select your watch . thats it !!! thx
    07-18-17 11:09 AM
30 12