It looks like I'm going to buy a Priv. It appears beautifully designed and high spec (but not cheap). How easy will it be to swop over all my contact details, photos, apps etc (from my excellent Z30)? How much of that stuff, if any, is on a sim card? I've never really understood. I don't want to have to retype hundreds of contact details etc .

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:18 AM
    It looks like I'm going to buy a Priv. It appears beautifully designed and high spec (but not cheap). How easy will it be to swop over all my contact details, photos, apps etc (from my excellent Z30)? How much of that stuff, if any, is on a sim card? I've never really understood. I don't want to have to retype hundreds of contact details etc .

Posted via CB10
    Not an expert but BB has stated it will be a simple task regardless of the donor OS
    10-18-15 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm expecting to either Blackberry link to work with Priv aswell, or another software similar to Blackberry Link to be able to recognise full backups from BB10 phones and load them on Priv
    10-18-15 08:45 AM
    Hopefully there will also be an updated/upgraded Link or other program. I've found Link to be touchy when updating my calendar and contacts on MS Outlook. I'm not wanting to sync things to a cloud. The other day I had to uninstall/reinstall Link because I had some transcoding error.

That being said, now with Android I'm wondering if it will start to bring in people on a Google or Google+ contact, like Facebook if you don't turn off the setting.
    10-18-15 08:53 AM
    Device switch app

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:38 AM
    I did a test with an app called ContactsIMEx in BlackBerry World.
    I extracted my contacts as a *.vcf file from my Z30 and then imported that file into the Contacts app on my Nexus 5.
    Your contacts in the Android Contacts app will sync with your Gmail account, so if you don't want that, you should wait for whatever transfer tool is provided by BlackBerry.
    10-18-15 12:30 PM