Of all the videos I've seen of the Priv, none have been able to show how easy it is to switch between applications. Swiping up from the bottom has been a great time saver for me, especially in the car when I'm driving. Will it still be just as easy to multitask on this phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:19 PM
    I'm still waiting for the replacement of the hub in the new Android BlackBerry. Nothing yet that will get me to switch from BB10

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:22 PM
    It won't have a hub, peek or front facing app management.

If it has "hub" it's just going too be an app that you run and can be the "main messageing" app or not...

One vid shows the slide up and hold (lag!) brings up a three choice menu - one option is the BlackBerry hub

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:32 PM
    It will have a hub app. App switching will be the same as current android devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-15 04:45 PM
    It will have a hub app. App switching will be the same as current android devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Except they are using frames that expand and shrink based on what is used the most instead of the current android method.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:49 PM
    This is what I love about BB10. Pressing buttons seems so clunky I hate it.

I love going from my messages, back to whatever app I was on. There is something indescribable of how you interact with the OS. You can't just show them once on what you do, they have to experience it for a while to get the full benefits.

Posted via CB10
    z3user and RezzaBuh like this.
    10-05-15 05:00 PM
    Android multitasking is meh, apps freeze in the background and have a half second delay when opening them from the Recent Apps thing. And sometimes when you try to do things too quickly, like says Opening a banking app and quickly switching to the Browser, the Banking app will open up right overtop the browser, instead of opening in the background like you'd expect.

Also, Im not a fan of having recent apps, and the pp drawer as two separate buttons. BB had it right having them all in one place.

Also, swiping up on android takes you to a stupid Google Search app, or something. You can disable it by installing SwipeUp Ultility, but that might disable the hub swipe up on Android if they di it that way.

Adise from that, there's no Peek or Flow.

Android is pretty much, "what you see is what you get" and if you want to see something else, close what you're doing and switch.

Oh and Facebook, Facbok on android doesn't let you use the Chat without downloading a separate app. I think it's stupid, but doing that did make them the number one messaging app on the planet. I just use facebook in the Mozilla Browser instead.

Oh and onto the Mozilla Browser, expect lots of freezing and crashing, to the point where the only fix is shutting the phone on and off. Don't know why, but it likes to do that.

The outlook app is terrible, it doesn't let you download attachments.

Oh and there's this. leaving certain apps open, BBM as an example, always means that a notification is always present in the drop down area. And the only way to remove it is to disable notifications for BBM.

Oh and..... as you can see this list go on and on.
    RezzaBuh, z3user and vgorous like this.
    10-05-15 05:12 PM
    As much as we all love BB10, the market has spoken. This scenario is very much the same as Beta vs. VHS. Beta was the superior product, better video, etc. But VHS was more popular due to costs associated with the devices themselves, and the Video Cassettes as well, not to mention production costs. Because of this, Beta was phased out in favour of VHS.

This is life. Competition will make or break any of the newest fads. No one cares about better, they care about popular, they care about familiar. They want as little of a learning curve as possible.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and z3user like this.
    10-05-15 06:10 PM
    Of all the videos I've seen of the Priv, none have been able to show how easy it is to switch between applications. Swiping up from the bottom has been a great time saver for me, especially in the car when I'm driving. Will it still be just as easy to multitask on this phone?

Posted via CB10
    Probably something you shouldn't be admitting in public...

On topic, I do love the flow of BB10 multitasking, and I'll definitely miss it if it's not replicated on the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    10-05-15 06:29 PM
    Android - Did you know if you were on a website using the browser and you are in the middle of writing a response, you will lose ALL of it if you minimize that window.

Android - did you know if you were watching a video using the browser and you decide to open up a message notification, you will lose your spot on the video and will have to start from the beginning.

Android - Did you know volume rockers cannot be used for controlling music. You always need to turn the screen on.

Posted via CB10
    BriniaSona likes this.
    10-05-15 11:15 PM
    Android - Did you know if you were on a website using the browser and you are in the middle of writing a response, you will lose ALL of it if you minimize that window.

Android - did you know if you were watching a video using the browser and you decide to open up a message notification, you will lose your spot on the video and will have to start from the beginning.

Android - Did you know volume rockers cannot be used for controlling music. You always need to turn the screen on.

Posted via CB10
    If youre device falls below 15%, you can't use the flashlight. Oh and it takes a good second for the flashlight to turn on when you do press it.
    10-06-15 03:55 AM