After the BlackBerry keyboard update, which do you guys use now? Just curious.

I'm still using the normal keyboard. Really like to swipe to delete!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    04-30-16 11:24 AM
    Running it on my Nexus, prefer the normal keyboard; swipe to delete and the flick suggestions for me
    04-30-16 11:27 AM
    Normal keyboard! Swipe for me is just a gimmick and not a real utility.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-30-16 03:05 PM
    Normal, Swype is annoying.
    04-30-16 03:08 PM
    Type > Swipe for me...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 03:55 PM
    Running it on my Nexus, prefer the normal keyboard; swipe to delete and the flick suggestions for me
    Agreed... tried the swipe keyboard but I didn't care for it one bit. Normal keyboard is what I prefer for the reasons stated above... 👍

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    04-30-16 07:55 PM
    Normal for me too. I was able to flick pretty much this entire post. 😀

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-30-16 08:20 PM
    I use type on the PKB but I have swipe set for the VKB, makes typing one handed easy while walking etc. I do miss the left swipe to delete though...may change back, who knows

04-30-16 09:25 PM
    Normal keyboard.

04-30-16 09:27 PM
    I use type on the PKB but I have swipe set for the VKB, makes typing one handed easy while walking etc. I do miss the left swipe to delete though...may change back, who knows

That's awesome that you can set it up that way. The Priv is getting harder and harder to avoid.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 09:37 PM
    Tried it and swiped left!
    I really don't use the device one handed to type a message. Voice dictation is more useful than swipe IMO

05-01-16 01:44 AM
    Unless feature, if they would have worked on finding better ways to integrate more apps and better way to manage android notifications would happen much better.

05-01-16 03:40 AM
    Normal keyboard... it's just simple

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 03:57 AM
    Unless feature, if they would have worked on finding better ways to integrate more apps and better way to manage android notifications would happen much better.

Totally different things.

Also, I didn't see any real advantage with swipe. Flicking up is so much more convenient for me personally.

05-01-16 05:04 AM
    Normal for me like typing with it

05-01-16 06:17 AM
    Tried it and swiped left!
    I really don't use the device one handed to type a message. Voice dictation is more useful than swipe IMO

But you have to go back to the keyboard if you want to correct errors in dictation? SPEAKING "backspace" or "delete" only adds those terms to my dictated content and does not ACT on the content to allow me to fix errors.
    05-01-16 08:16 AM
    It's interesting how many people regard gesture typing as useless. And yet, many (not all) of the mobile typing speed records have been set using gesture typing. And accuracy counts in those competitions. Some very fast and accurate typists apparently didn't get the memo that gesture typing is useless.

I don't own a Priv, but personally I'm very happy to see BlackBerry finally add this to their VKB. They are the last platform to make it available. The demand obviously exists for a reason. Personally, I enjoy either PKB or gesture typing, but not VKB tap-typing.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-01-16 05:12 PM
    It's interesting how many people regard gesture typing as useless. And yet, many (not all) of the mobile typing speed records have been set using gesture typing. And accuracy counts in those competitions. Some very fast and accurate typists apparently didn't get the memo that gesture typing is useless.

I don't own a Priv, but personally I'm very happy to see BlackBerry finally add this to their VKB. They are the last platform to make it available. The demand obviously exists for a reason. Personally, I enjoy either PKB or gesture typing, but not VKB tap-typing.
    To me it just feels wrong to slide your finger from letter to letter as opposed to typing letter by letter... I am a PKB kinda girl, so VKBs are not my bag at all and while I do enjoy the little things added to Priv's PKB to incorporate some of the better features of the VKB gestures such as the swipe back to delete (which you lose if one initiates the new swipe to type feature by the way) as well as the newly implemented SHIFT and scroll via the PKB to highlight/cut/copy/paste/etc as I do via my Classic's trackpad, the whole 'swipe' thing is simply a gesture that I find uncomfortable in use... Even when using the VKB... Flicking words on screen is one thing, but dragging my finger in a connect-the-dots kind of way to form a word feels juvenile to me...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 05:33 PM
    Normal. My brain simply can't wrap around swiping lol.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    05-01-16 09:16 PM

me too...only activated it on the vkb. I'm getting the hang of swype. It's actually pretty cool.

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    05-01-16 09:37 PM
    Swipe typing completely destroys tap typing for one hand for me
    xpxpxpxp likes this.
    05-01-16 10:50 PM
    Swipe if far superior to anything out there. Been using it for years now.
    xpxpxpxp likes this.
    05-01-16 10:52 PM
    I think I may give swipe typing a go for my vkb, and keep the pkb to normal.

See how it goes

05-01-16 11:16 PM
    Normal for me .
    05-02-16 01:51 AM
    When I first started using Swype, I was painfully slow and wanted to give up. To make it work, you have to cut loose and just trust the software to figure it out, exactly as you do with the non-gesture BB10 virtual keyboard. The AI does all the heavy lifting. In fact, the AI is the same in both, which is why you don't have to try to be accurate on the non-gesture BB10 VKB.

I don't deny that there is something satisfying about pressing physical keys, and BlackBerry's PKB innovations are nice. In addition, there is the ability to use Word Substitution extensively as a shorthand. I have over 500 Word Sub entries on my Passport, mostly common English words. Word Substitution on a VKB isn't so good, because it requires accuracy. This is why, for me, the choice is between Swype and PKB, but not non-gesture VKB.
    05-02-16 01:25 PM
34 12