After selecting "Swipe" in unlock settings and then locking the device, the only way to unlock is to press the power key or open the physical keyboard.

That doesn't seem right. With BB10 and first thought it should unlock ONLY by swiping up from the bottom of the screen...

So I am wondering if something is wrong - with the device/settings/me/other.

Any insight?
    05-02-16 11:05 PM
    See if the double tap to wake is enabled (Display > Tap to wake).
    05-02-16 11:38 PM
    It is not enabled.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-16 01:20 AM
    That's the closest to swipe to wake, I think.
    05-03-16 01:34 AM
    But what then does the "swipe" selection in settings>security>screen lock do? I can't find it working, while other options (password, pattern,...) do. Pattern may be the closest thing to bb10-swipe-to-unlock, but not exactly and one wonders then what "swipe" does....

05-03-16 01:55 AM
    But what then does the "swipe" selection in settings>security>screen lock do? I can't find it working, while other options (password, pattern,...) do. Pattern may be the closest thing to bb10-swipe-to-unlock, but not exactly and one wonders then what "swipe" does....

Swipe means that when the phone is locked, unlocking it puts you on the lock screen. Then you swipe up to enter the phone. It's password-less.
    05-03-16 08:30 AM
    Swipe means that when the phone is locked, unlocking it puts you on the lock screen. Then you swipe up to enter the phone. It's password-less.

Thank you, Thurask. But that is confusing...

If I select the swipe screen - unlock option:

Pressing the power button locks it. Pressing the power button again or sliding down the physical keyboard unlocks it and there is nothing more to do. However, in between powering off and unlocking via the above two methods, swiping in any manner does nothing.

05-03-16 10:33 PM
    Doesn't double-tap on the lock screen help?
    05-03-16 10:43 PM
    I don't want that (it will unlock easily in my pocket)..

05-03-16 10:51 PM
    I don't want that (it will unlock easily in my pocket)..

No it wont, hasn't happened once in 4 months for me.

05-03-16 11:16 PM
    No it wont, hasn't happened once in 4 months for me.

After a few days of trying this, I do now agree tap twice to open screen is a good option in place of BB10's swipe. Still have no idea however what the "swipe" option on this phone is and if it even works on my particular phone.

05-08-16 01:43 PM
    After a few days of trying this, I do now agree tap twice to open screen is a good option in place of BB10's swipe. Still have no idea however what the "swipe" option on this phone is and if it even works on my particular phone.

It's a lock screen. While screen is off, press power button, double tap, or open phys keyboard to display lockscreen, then swipe up on the lock symbol to unlock phone to home screen.

It also depends on whether or not you have power button to turn the screen off set to lock the phone instantly or if you have a short "lock after X minutes" timeout set to a short time.

If you don't have power button set to instantly lock the phone or you have say the lockscreen timeout set to like 10 minutes, you'll probably never see the swipe lockscreen.
    05-08-16 05:32 PM
    It's a lock screen. While screen is off, press power button, double tap, or open phys keyboard to display lockscreen, then swipe up on the lock symbol to unlock phone to home screen.

It also depends on whether or not you have power button to turn the screen off set to lock the phone instantly or if you have a short "lock after X minutes" timeout set to a short time.

If you don't have power button set to instantly lock the phone or you have say the lockscreen timeout set to like 10 minutes, you'll probably never see the swipe lockscreen.
    Right, but when I have swipe selected - and regardless of whether I have double tap selected or not - I do not see a lock screen and the phone goes straight to on by pressing the power button or opening up the pkb, nor do I even see power-button-turns-on or 10-minute-timeout options (they only appear when selecting one of the other lock screen options besides swipe).

This is why I wonder if it's a device issue, or maybe a software issue like not being on mm..

05-08-16 06:16 PM
    wait, do you have your place as a safe location? In the smart lock, if you set a location as safe, it won't lock the phone in that given place...

Right, but when I have swipe selected - and regardless of whether I have double tap selected or not - I do not see a lock screen and the phone goes straight to on by pressing the power button or opening up the pkb, nor do I even see power-button-turns-on or 10-minute-timeout options (they only appear when selecting one of the other lock screen options besides swipe).

This is why I wonder if it's a device issue, or maybe a software issue like not being on mm..

05-08-16 07:51 PM

Ok, seems like it might be a bug?

If you setup a pin lock you should see the 2 options as you said Automatically lock after X minutes and Power button instantly locks.

If you have Power button instantly locks and automatic lock set to a low timeout to say a minute, those settings will carry over when you set it back to swipe. and you'll see the lockscreen now.
    05-08-16 07:52 PM
    Ok, seems like it might be a bug?

If you setup a pin lock you should see the 2 options as you said Automatically lock after X minutes and Power button instantly locks.

If you have Power button instantly locks and automatic lock set to a low timeout to say a minute, those settings will carry over when you set it back to swipe. and you'll see the lockscreen now.
    Thanks. Then it is a bug.

05-08-16 08:03 PM
    wait, do you have your place as a safe location? In the smart lock, if you set a location as safe, it won't lock the phone in that given place...

Nope.

05-08-16 08:04 PM

The Swipe option is basically a lock screen without a password, it creates a buffer screen between the Home screen. If you choose None, then you go straight to the home screen.

Posted from my BlackBerry PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-16 08:13 PM
    The Swipe option is basically a lock screen without a password, it creates a buffer screen between the Home screen. If you choose None, then you go straight to the home screen.

Yep, and it's not working.

05-08-16 08:15 PM
    Yep, and it's not working.

I had the same problem a month ago, you may have one or more of the dependent security features enabled, this prevents you from reverting to the basic Swipe security screen.

05-08-16 08:27 PM
    I had the same problem a month ago, you may have one or more of the dependent security features enabled, this prevents you from reverting to the basic Swipe security screen.

Thank you. I've been through all the security options ins and outs to resolve this, but nothing thusfar has. Any more specifics you can think of?

05-08-16 08:58 PM
    Thank you. I've been through all the security options ins and outs to resolve this, but nothing thusfar has. Any more specifics you can think of?

Hate to say this, but I think I did a factory reset to get it to work again. Currently I use Pattern, and for heck of it, I temporarily set it back to Swipe and it allowed me to do so. Truly sorry, can't think of anything else that I did for it to work with Swipe after that isolated incident.

Posted from my BB PRIV via CrackBerry for Android
    05-08-16 09:03 PM
    Hate to say this, but I think I did a factory reset to get it to work again. Currently I use Pattern, and for heck of it, I temporarily set it back to Swipe and it allowed me to do so. Truly sorry, can't think of anything else that I did for it to work with Swipe after that isolated incident.

Posted from my BB PRIV via CrackBerry for Android
    Thank you.
    05-09-16 03:12 PM