I recently updated to Marshmallow, and now when I'm typing on the physical keyboard, I can no longer swipe down to access the extra keyboard buttons - things like � % & etc. How do I access these extra keys - the ones that aren't on the physical keyboard??

Cheers!
    Jack
    05-23-16 12:32 PM
    Better question would be why isn't your swipe working. It's still a part of MM, so it should be working. In any case, hit the SYM key to access those keys.
    05-23-16 12:49 PM
    I think if you turn on the swipe option to use swipe keyboard then you lose the ability to do the blackberry specific swipes. Such as the swipe to delete a word and perhaps the swipe down for special characters.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bla1ze likes this.
    05-23-16 03:20 PM
    I think if you turn on the swipe option to use swipe keyboard then you lose the ability to do the blackberry specific swipes. Such as the swipe to delete a word and perhaps the swipe down for special characters.

This is why. Double check your settings under Language and Input.
    05-23-16 03:26 PM
    Ah, I did turn on the keyboard swipe feature. It's annoying that happens...surely you still need those extra keys even when you use the swipe option!
    05-23-16 06:19 PM
    Ah, I did turn on the keyboard swipe feature. It's annoying that happens...surely you still need those extra keys even when you use the swipe option!
    That's what the SYM key is for.
    05-24-16 02:57 AM
    Better question would be why isn't your swipe working. It's still a part of MM, so it should be working. In any case, hit the SYM key to access those keys.
    Seems as people don't listen, gotta keep repeating yourself.
    05-24-16 09:14 AM
    Is Bla1ze mad cause I had the solution to his problem and he didn't?? Another issue with the swipe keyboards is that when the touch screen swipe keyboard is turned on you lose the ability to get to the second group of special characters. I can't figure it out for the life of me...
    05-24-16 09:47 AM
    I've been using BlackBerry for about two years now and I have not only not known what the Sym key was for...I have only now realised it even exists. Cheers, ha ha.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-24-16 09:56 AM
    Is Bla1ze mad cause I had the solution to his problem and he didn't?? Another issue with the swipe keyboards is that when the touch screen swipe keyboard is turned on you lose the ability to get to the second group of special characters. I can't figure it out for the life of me...
    I doubt Bla1ze was mad. I don't think you provided a solution man, however,you did provide the correct reason for the OP problem. Bla1ze did provide a solution to OP issue, are you mad because Bla1ze provided a solution and you didn't?

05-24-16 09:57 AM
    I doubt Bla1ze was mad. I don't think you provided a solution man, however,you did provide the correct reason for the OP problem. Bla1ze did provide a solution to OP issue, are you mad because Bla1ze provided a solution and you didn't?

Haha - OK dude. It was a joke. I think the OP is all good now. Glad we all figured out a couple of ways to help him out; turn off swipe and/or use the SYM key. But, if he wants to use the swipe down for the special characters the only way to get that back is to turn off the swipe keyboard, right?

05-25-16 04:03 PM