I've just been chatting with my missus. She was explaining when she's at work, her mobile (Note 4), is on silent. When in her car, same thing. She has Ford My Sync, and thus is notified on the dash for text messages and calls. At home, silent, unless I'm not there (in case I'm calling etc.).

Am shocked! I only use vibrate mode. But, since the vibrate mode on the Priv is so bad; maybe I need to change to 'silent', like my missus.

But, surely I'm not the only one who uses ONLY vibrate mode? Since 1998, I've been using vibrate mode.

What's your take on this...?
    Flatman likes this.
    11-27-15 04:47 PM
    To each their own, but I also rock vibrate mode 100% of the time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-27-15 04:50 PM
    Pants bro. Pants.

11-27-15 04:52 PM
    I loath folks having silent mode. Unless I'm asleep I put my phones on ring. I hate people missing my calls. What's the point of giving out your phone number?
    brian4591 and nickdollimount like this.
    11-27-15 04:57 PM
    I loath folks having silent mode. Unless I'm asleep I put my phones on ring. I hate people missing my calls. What's the point of giving out your phone number?
    LMAO at loath...
    zocster and 00stryder like this.
    11-27-15 05:06 PM
    LMAO at loath...
    Is it really that bad with the Priv though?
    11-27-15 05:41 PM
    Is it really that bad with the Priv though?
    To me, if the Priv is on my desk, in front of me and I can't feel\hear it vibrate, yes. I can hear\feel my Passport, Z30 and Note 5, no problem.

The Priv on the other hand, unless I'm holding the device, I can hardly tell that it is vibrating...
    11-27-15 05:43 PM
    And it's the same on both Priv you had?
    11-27-15 05:46 PM
    And it's the same on both Priv you had?
    It certainly was. Rather disappointing. It seems I need to review my modes. Maybe it is time to start using the silent mode and rely on the red LED. Even more so when I'm at my desk; simply keep the device front and center...
    11-27-15 05:49 PM
    It certainly was. Rather disappointing. It seems I need to review my modes. Maybe it is time to start using the silent mode and rely on the red LED. Even more so when I'm at my desk; simply keep the device front and center...
    Ouch I can imagine that being quite painful
    11-27-15 05:52 PM
    I use vibrate but my phone is always paired to a smartwatch so no missed notifications unless I ignore them .
    11-27-15 05:55 PM
    I use vibrate but my phone is always paired to a smartwatch so no missed notifications unless I ignore them .
    Interesting. Do you have a BlackBerry Priv? And what smart watch do you currently own?
    11-27-15 05:57 PM
    That smartwatch is a good suggestion. You have a lot of choices
    11-27-15 06:00 PM
    Interesting. Do you have a BlackBerry Priv? And what smart watch do you currently own?
    I pair the Priv to the Pebble Time watch and keep the phone on silent mode (no vibrate), works great for me, I don't miss a notification, and no one else gets bothered!
    anon(153966) likes this.
    11-27-15 07:35 PM
    I use Sony smartwatch 3. Watch vibrates with each notification/message and they can be dismissed on the watch. You can even set your phone to silent, vibrate etc using the watch and "wear mini launcher" app

11-27-15 08:32 PM
    I've just been chatting with my missus. She was explaining when she's at work, her mobile (Note 4), is on silent. When in her car, same thing. She has Ford My Sync, and thus is notified on the dash for text messages and calls. At home, silent, unless I'm not there (in case I'm calling etc.).

Am shocked! I only use vibrate mode. But, since the vibrate mode on the Priv is so bad; maybe I need to change to 'silent', like my missus.

But, surely I'm not the only one who uses ONLY vibrate mode? Since 1998, I've been using vibrate mode.

What's your take on this...?
    I ALWAYS use vibrate or silent mode and all notifications show up on my smartwatch. I'd go bonkers if all the notifications went off all day long as this would be my case. The only thing that vibrates discreetly is my smartwatch.

I realized a few years ago when I ran my own business and my mobile device would ring beep and tickytack from 5am to around 2/3am. It really put me off mobile devices and to this day I prefer to text as even the phone ringer I find a bit jaunting. And now with social media, vibration is really much more discreet. As my social media is quite active.

The day I discovered smartwatch it literally changed my life and how I manage notifications with my day to day lifestyle.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-28-15 02:46 AM
    Those of you using a smart watch, how often would you say you need to charge your watch? Thanks...
    11-28-15 04:55 AM
    Vibrate on my Priv works fine for me.

11-28-15 07:41 AM
    Those of you using a smart watch, how often would you say you need to charge your watch? Thanks...
    Depends on the watch. Android wear watches are generally charge every night. Pebble watches can last several days on a charge.
    11-28-15 08:25 AM
    Vibrate 100% of the time. I work in outside sales, we receive quite a few emails/day, mix that in with personal calls and texts and it would be way too obnoxious in the pen.

We will actually speak up if a rep has their phone on ring as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 08:49 AM
    I use vibrate mode and have on every BlackBerry going back years and years.

Priv is basically the same as all the others so I don't get what the complaint is.

11-28-15 08:55 AM
    My name is not Shirley...

Vibrate 100% of the time on Classic and all devices, Pebble is amazingly useful for pinging me when I can not hear or feel vibrate which is rare.

Bb10 is excellent in providing for customization of notifications both vibrate and led, always been disappointed with Android in that respect.

Light Flow is pretty good for customizing LED behavior - I never found anything to customize vibration both lengths and times the device vibrates for a specific event...but never looked hard. Hopefully some users can weigh in with a good app for this.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 09:02 AM
    I charge mine maybe once every two - three weeks. I use a Garmin Fenix 3 mind you. All notifications come through in which most I just dismiss on the watch.

My priv is always on silent. Dislike vibrate and dislike notification sounds. The priv lights up when a call or text is received so I pretty much always see it coming in.

11-28-15 09:18 AM
    I don't own a Priv yet (still waiting for the preorder to be delivered) but I'm 10000% sure it can't be worst than wm phones.
    11-28-15 09:50 AM
    I use Phone only at work on my Passport. I usually have the phone on my desk, and it would be buzzing with vibrations too much for emails and BBM. Switch it to vibrate only for church and business meetings, when its in my purse.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    11-28-15 12:30 PM
28 12