Oh, Android Hub!

After having months, if not years, of having Android rubbed in my face, I kinda sorta feel smug about this. Hey, small victories.
    Last edited by HelloNuman; 12-07-16 at 07:28 PM.
    12-07-16 06:10 PM
    WOW! You've gone from stating FACT to "I'm Guessing." And in only a few years time.

A short time ago, in a few peoples minds that were far far away........ You've just entered "the DEAD ZONE"
    Let's see... BB10 has been dead for HOW LONG??????
    According to my Passport and my Z10 (both of which I bought the day they were releast to market)
    BB10 has been dead.... ah, (doing the math here) ok, uh huh... ummm. Holy OS, Batman!
    BB10 is alive and well. That's right Robin. It IS alive. But our real problem comes from a group of humans who just can't be pleased with anything. Tell me more Barman!!!

For all the moaning and groaning and complaining you've all done ( and you KNOW who you are) You just couldn't wait to get out of here. But,after some 3 years, you just can't seem to let go ,plus you had to let everyone know, how disappointed you were with BB10 and Blackberry as a company and how us fanatics were just going down with the sinking ship.... blah,blah, blah and so on and so forth.

Now you've gone through 3 or 4 devices and you're complaining way more now because you don't have the great apps that you had on BB10. So to shut you up, apps were created to mimic the real ones. YOu got the hub and to everyone's surprise,(NOT) you complained about it. You complained about the Android OS not being anywhere near as good as BB10. The only area most of you seem to be"some what" in agreement with is your chatty-cathy Whatsapp and being able to play games.
    PLAY GAMES!!!

Ok to be fair, there are more important things that were debated about these new mobile devices. These coming from devices not yet releast to consumers, but you still HAD to have one so you PREPAID for something that, except for the really cool pictures and the specs, you had no idea if it would even turn on.

But let's back up here. Blackberrys were already SO dead..(remember BB10)
    that while you were waiting for these new amazing phones, with what you already knew about the inferior
    Android OS, you COMPLAINED about the NAME and the COLOR of the devices. The NAME and COLOR!!

I feel like we should take a break for cookies and milk and then let you all take your naps before I continue, but we'll skip that today because your profiles all says you're adults, despite you acting like spoiled children.

For the past several years, since BB10 "died," I, along with countless others have watch, with intrigue, then with surprise which turned into disbelief ,then to what could only be compared to as a serious riot.. (the horror.... the horror)
    Then something different started to happen. We heard and saw it all and suddenly what was starting to get very boring turned into another kind of riot. Listening to you , (all arguing with each other) became so laughable we could hardly eat the popcorn we had started to bring with us. You couldn't BUY this kind of entertainment!

While you still tell us (some 3 years later) that we're morons for "Hanging on" and boast about you're brave choice to move on,
    YOU'RE ALL STILL HERE COMPLAINING! And we "fanatics" no longer feel any laughter for you but have come to just quietly shaking our heads and thinking...."pathetic... it's just pathetic"...... how you all have been reduced to blubbering babies over a small handheld mobile device that you just had to have.
    And, while I really don't understand you wasting 3 years on all that useless negative garbage complaining....

...... all this time, I've been using the same mobile device. A Blackberry ( the dead company) with BB10 (the dead OS)
    on my Passport ( the 3 year old device) with not so much as ONE little issue.

What's wrong with this picture? (The question is rhetorical.) which means it doesn't require a reply.
    But I know you'll still comment on this and continue to try to justify how you've missed all the good things on your device while I've been enjoying everything I have on mine.

Just give us a few minutes to refresh our drinks and get more popcorn. This is gonna be real entertaining!
    Hazo likes this.
    12-07-16 06:35 PM
    I agree qwith you about the complaining. I will say though that lack of browser support made bb10 dead for me. My Z30 browser just wouldn't open some content that I needed it to and that was unacceptable. I wish it was different. Really liked bb10 when it was updated and stunning smooth
    12-07-16 07:13 PM
    I agree qwith you about the complaining. I will say though that lack of browser support made bb10 dead for me. My Z30 browser just wouldn't open some content that I needed it to and that was unacceptable. I wish it was different. Really liked bb10 when it was updated and stunning smooth.
    12-07-16 07:14 PM
    The whole Hub team is aware and actively looking into the issue. We hope to have a hotfix available in Google Play shortly to fix the issue. We appreciate your patience as we work through the fix, and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause in the short term. This is certainly not the experience anyone on the team wants to deliver with an update.
    This is great, thank you. I also have a security issue with the Hub app not working on my Yahoo Mail, when the Yahoo account is on "secure" settings, according to Yahoo the Hub App is not secure enough. Please feed back to the hub team because my expectation from a BlackBerry app is Security, please.
    12-08-16 05:40 AM
    My hub works fine as well and I have a lot of mail and calendar entries. Makes me wonder if its not another app interfering with it. Does anyone with slowdown tun any of the 'task killer' apps?
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-16 06:02 AM
    This is great, thank you. I also have a security issue with the Hub app not working on my Yahoo Mail, when the Yahoo account is on "secure" settings, according to Yahoo the Hub App is not secure enough. Please feed back to the hub team because my expectation from a BlackBerry app is Security, please.
    This is a Yahoo created problem unfortunately.
    12-08-16 10:43 AM
    Has anyone else encounter huge data usage with the new update? It has used 3.09gb since the update! Never had that before! Kinda pissed and deleted it!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 10:45 AM
    Thank you for the video, it's pro.

I've been having phenomenal lag throughout the OS ever since I left the Priv off for two weeks, then updated it. It's barely functional now. I have no idea what's happened, because it was decent before. My experience is not unlike your own in the Hub, except I'm seeing a lack of responsiveness everywhere (some times no responsiveness at all).

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 01:07 PM
    WOW! You've gone from stating FACT to "I'm Guessing." And in only a few years time.

A short time ago, in a few peoples minds that were far far away........ You've just entered "the DEAD ZONE"
    Let's see... BB10 has been dead for HOW LONG??????
    According to my Passport and my Z10 (both of which I bought the day they were releast to market)
    BB10 has been dead.... ah, (doing the math here) ok, uh huh... ummm. Holy OS, Batman!
    BB10 is alive and well. That's right Robin. It IS alive. But our real problem comes from a group of humans who just can't be pleased with anything. Tell me more Barman!!!

For all the moaning and groaning and complaining you've all done ( and you KNOW who you are) You just couldn't wait to get out of here. But,after some 3 years, you just can't seem to let go ,plus you had to let everyone know, how disappointed you were with BB10 and Blackberry as a company and how us fanatics were just going down with the sinking ship.... blah,blah, blah and so on and so forth.

Now you've gone through 3 or 4 devices and you're complaining way more now because you don't have the great apps that you had on BB10. So to shut you up, apps were created to mimic the real ones. YOu got the hub and to everyone's surprise,(NOT) you complained about it. You complained about the Android OS not being anywhere near as good as BB10. The only area most of you seem to be"some what" in agreement with is your chatty-cathy Whatsapp and being able to play games.
    PLAY GAMES!!!

Ok to be fair, there are more important things that were debated about these new mobile devices. These coming from devices not yet releast to consumers, but you still HAD to have one so you PREPAID for something that, except for the really cool pictures and the specs, you had no idea if it would even turn on.

But let's back up here. Blackberrys were already SO dead..(remember BB10)
    that while you were waiting for these new amazing phones, with what you already knew about the inferior
    Android OS, you COMPLAINED about the NAME and the COLOR of the devices. The NAME and COLOR!!

I feel like we should take a break for cookies and milk and then let you all take your naps before I continue, but we'll skip that today because your profiles all says you're adults, despite you acting like spoiled children.

For the past several years, since BB10 "died," I, along with countless others have watch, with intrigue, then with surprise which turned into disbelief ,then to what could only be compared to as a serious riot.. (the horror.... the horror)
    Then something different started to happen. We heard and saw it all and suddenly what was starting to get very boring turned into another kind of riot. Listening to you , (all arguing with each other) became so laughable we could hardly eat the popcorn we had started to bring with us. You couldn't BUY this kind of entertainment!

While you still tell us (some 3 years later) that we're morons for "Hanging on" and boast about you're brave choice to move on,
    YOU'RE ALL STILL HERE COMPLAINING! And we "fanatics" no longer feel any laughter for you but have come to just quietly shaking our heads and thinking...."pathetic... it's just pathetic"...... how you all have been reduced to blubbering babies over a small handheld mobile device that you just had to have.
    And, while I really don't understand you wasting 3 years on all that useless negative garbage complaining....

...... all this time, I've been using the same mobile device. A Blackberry ( the dead company) with BB10 (the dead OS)
    on my Passport ( the 3 year old device) with not so much as ONE little issue.

What's wrong with this picture? (The question is rhetorical.) which means it doesn't require a reply.
    But I know you'll still comment on this and continue to try to justify how you've missed all the good things on your device while I've been enjoying everything I have on mine.

Just give us a few minutes to refresh our drinks and get more popcorn. This is gonna be real entertaining!
    Without reading all of it, I will say, if you took 5% of the time it took you to write this to instead write a loving greeting to your wife.....
    FF22 and anon(3732391) like this.
    12-08-16 01:37 PM
    Thank you for the video, it's pro.

I've been having phenomenal lag throughout the OS ever since I left the Priv off for two weeks, then updated it. It's barely functional now. I have no idea what's happened, because it was decent before. My experience is not unlike your own in the Hub, except I'm seeing a lack of responsiveness everywhere (some times no responsiveness at all).

Posted via CB10
    I think I saw bouts of responsiveness issues all day today... it never happened before. Could it be that the Hub has a virus and it's spreading? lol

Oh that thought it enough to make me **** my pants
    12-08-16 01:39 PM
    I'd like to make a similar video, could you tell me what you used to mark the areas blurry? It looks really nice, and if I could hide personal information (of others, I don't care about mine) I could share a lot more.. I don't know if BB will watch those but it can explain a lot.
    Hi. Sure, I used ACR recorder to record the screen and sent that to my video guy at work. Showed him what to blur out and all. He used a program called iMovie to edit the video.
    12-08-16 01:48 PM
    I think I saw bouts of responsiveness issues all day today... it never happened before. Could it be that the Hub has a virus and it's spreading? lol

Oh that thought it enough to make me **** my pants
    Fix should be arriving imminently for the hub lag issues.
    12-08-16 01:59 PM
    I am one without the hub lag, but I am not using blackBerry Launcher. Wonder if it is a Launcher issue.
    12-08-16 02:00 PM
    I am one without the hub lag, but I am not using blackBerry Launcher. Wonder if it is a Launcher issue.
    I don't have lag and I'm using a different launcher as well....
    12-08-16 02:04 PM
    I don't use Blackberry Launcher and I had a tremendous lag issue.

Trust Cody - his solution will solve the HUB issues
    12-08-16 02:48 PM
    Hi. Sure, I used ACR recorder to record the screen and sent that to my video guy at work. Showed him what to blur out and all. He used a program called iMovie to edit the video.
    I see, I don't have iMovie, I was trying to work with Windows Movie Maker but it's not very effective. Thanks.
    12-08-16 03:45 PM
    My phone is near bone stock with exception of weather widget. I don't use anything except Last Pass that runs all the time. When I check task manager app, it shows just 3 apps. Even closing those do not help, this is a hub issue, and BB is working on it. They should just give priority to HUB, forget everything else, I rather have other apps run slow if I can have a smooth & fast hub.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    12-08-16 03:47 PM
    My phone is near bone stock with exception of weather widget. I don't use anything except Last Pass that runs all the time. When I check task manager app, it shows just 3 apps. Even closing those do not help, this is a hub issue, and BB is working on it. They should just give priority to HUB, forget everything else, I rather have other apps run slow if I can have a smooth & fast hub.
    Go check Google Play. The fix is in Hub+ Services and is released now. Should show up any second...
    zephyr613, itsme012002 and yvpan1 like this.
    12-08-16 04:13 PM
    Go check Google Play. The fix is in Hub+ Services and is released now. Should show up any second...
    Woo Hoo!!!!

Great job Cody!!
    12-08-16 04:14 PM
    Thanks team, will check it out now
    12-08-16 04:29 PM
    The fix is working, problem solved!
    Thank you for the quick response. I'm happy again.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    12-08-16 04:33 PM
    Thanks to Cody and team, emails open super fast, however still slight lag in scrolling in hub, but much better than before.
    12-08-16 04:35 PM
    Nice! Got the update and now it's back like it was before the November updates.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    12-08-16 05:11 PM
    Cody thanks for your immediate response, well done!

now, when can we expect LINE to be included in the Hub by any chance? lol..
    12-08-16 11:04 PM
82 1234