Hi all,

Is there any information on a new high end PKB Android device?

Thanks
    07-27-16 04:07 PM
    Rumours are mid range device similar to a classic with high precision finish, release sometime Q1 2017.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 04:59 PM
    For me, that wouldn't qualify as a Priv successor.
    07-27-16 06:59 PM
    There is the rumoured Argon, which is supposedly a higher end slab device with a Snapdragon 820.
    07-27-16 07:15 PM
    I think the mercury is the one with the keyboard, and it would be mid spec. The argon is a rumored slab with a high end processor.

The mercury looks a little long in the face

I like the slider.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-28-16 12:27 AM
    There is the rumoured Argon, which is supposedly a higher end slab device with a Snapdragon 820.
    Which in all likelihood doesn't have a keyboard.
    07-28-16 06:35 AM
    So no rumours on a Android Passport kind of device?
    07-28-16 03:45 PM
    With all the QC issues, the priv must have been a nightmare for BlackBerry - seriously doubt it there'll be another one in this form factor

07-28-16 04:21 PM
    With all the QC issues, the priv must have been a nightmare for BlackBerry - seriously doubt it there'll be another one in this form factor

Ok, but how about a Passport form factor?
    07-29-16 10:52 AM
    Highly doubt it, I think the best you'll get is a q10 style android device, just with a much taller screen

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 10:56 AM
    That would be nice. As long as has a good pkb
    07-29-16 11:20 AM
    I think the general consensus is that Android needs at least a 3:2 screen ratio to work well.
    07-29-16 11:29 AM
    I think the general consensus is that Android needs at least a 3:2 screen ratio to work well.
    Have heard the main issue with the Passport was 1:1 aspect ratio.

I would love an updated Passport running Android but that's never going to happen. Mid spec Q10/Classic mash up will be the next PKB phone.

07-31-16 09:19 PM

They've got a pretty long history with sliders. And I think the QC issues are often overblown. I got mine the day they came available on Verizon and have zero issues.

The more likely reason they abandon this form factor (assuming they do) would be poor sales.
    07-31-16 09:50 PM
    They've got a pretty long history with sliders. And I think the QC issues are often overblown. I got mine the day they came available on Verizon and have zero issues.

The more likely reason they abandon this form factor (assuming they do) would be poor sales.
    In which the poor sales has more to do with price than the form factor. Everyone I showed my phone to love the design... up until the moment I told them how much I paid.
    07-31-16 10:10 PM
    In which the poor sales has more to do with price than the form factor. Everyone I showed my phone to love the design... up until the moment I told them how much I paid.
    Yep. BlackBerry basically screwed themselves on sales due to pricing; I'm just not overly optimistic they will realize it, correct it, and make a follow-up slider. I hope they do, but I am not confident of it.
    07-31-16 10:16 PM
    Your pessimism is well founded. Thinking back what I have paid for BlackBerry phones, they were never a bargain when new.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-31-16 10:19 PM
    Have heard the main issue with the Passport was 1:1 aspect ratio.

I would love an updated Passport running Android but that's never going to happen. Mid spec Q10/Classic mash up will be the next PKB phone.

And lack of apps that took advantage of it.

07-31-16 10:31 PM