After reloading my Priv to build AAJ925
    https://ca.blackberry.com/support/sm...7wipfipniksxek
    it stuck at There was a problem communicating with Google servers, try again... during the initiate setup wizard...
    I'm sure the connected mobile hotspot is able to access Google. Any idea?

Thank you!
    04-20-17 07:53 AM
    Have you tried again a few hours later? Or another wifi hotspot?
    04-20-17 10:02 AM
    I think you must use active simcard?
    04-20-17 10:05 AM
    I think you must use active simcard?
    I don't fully recall but thought I had setup my ShopBB Priv without any sim card just using my home wifi. (I guess it is possible that I put my Verizon sim in it but I really don't think so.)

Although, do I recall that it did ask for sim and maybe a skip this part PROMPT????
    04-20-17 01:02 PM
    I don't fully recall but thought I had setup my ShopBB Priv without any sim card just using my home wifi. (I guess it is possible that I put my Verizon sim in it but I really don't think so.)

Although, do I recall that it did ask for sim and maybe a skip this part PROMPT????
    Yes, I could skip that part, but couldn't skip "communicating with Google server".
    FF22 likes this.
    04-22-17 07:52 AM
    Have you tried again a few hours later? Or another wifi hotspot?
    Yes, I tried several times for a few days, two mobile hotspots and one office WLAN with no luck. Those connections are able to access google.com.
    Maybe it's too hard to make it in China, and I have to bring it to Hongkong for last try...
    FF22 likes this.
    04-22-17 07:59 AM
    Yes, I tried several times for a few days, two mobile hotspots and one office WLAN with no luck. Those connections are able to access google.com.
    Maybe it's too hard to make it in China, and I have to bring it to Hongkong for last try...
    I probably don't know enough about China but I thought that they do restrict google???
    04-22-17 10:58 AM
    I probably don't know enough about China but I thought that they do restrict google???
    True. Two mobile hotspots are able to access Google through VPN, but maybe that's good enough for other phones, but not for Priv.
    04-23-17 06:08 AM
    True. Two mobile hotspots are able to access Google through VPN, but maybe that's good enough for other phones, but not for Priv.
    Or, at least, not for initial setup? Good luck.
    04-23-17 08:28 AM