Hello, I'm in the UK. Bought an unlocked sim free Priv from Carphone Warehouse (online, as a pre order).

There is a fault with the USB socket (in that it will only take power when the cable is plugged right in and held firmly.

Staff at a CPW branch agree there is a fault.

I called the complementary BlackBerry support number. After 20 mins the lady told me to call my point of purchase.

CPW in store told me to phone BlackBerry!

CPW on the phone told me to take the device into a store, who would send it to the new CPW repair centre (Newark, Notts I believe) who would then send it to BlackBerry for a repair.

Total turnaround time estimated at 4 to 6 weeks.

Is this really what we get? I would have expected either a fast turnaround repair or an exchange device couriered out to me.

If I have to go six weeks without I will probably just buy another device (likely not a priv) and then sell the repaired priv when it arrives back.

Is support any better over in the US/CA? Is the warranty support worldwide?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-14-16 07:06 AM
    Also, has anyone on here got experience of sending devices back to BlackBerry UK direct?

02-14-16 09:50 AM
    I had an issue with CPW support on a pre order Priv also, I returned it then bought direct from BlackBerry. CPW lacks anything to do with customer support or service.

02-14-16 11:09 AM
    Same experience here, pretty poor tbh, warranty service circa 1980. Looks even worse when compared to what you get from Apple.
    02-14-16 03:41 PM
    I've sent a formal complaint email to CPW. Considering a charge back

02-17-16 01:51 AM
    CPW probably still uses the same warranty service processes they established in the 1980's, when these things were still called "car phones".

Perhaps a simple 2 step process like this:

1) pass the buck off to the manufacturer
    2) if they come back, make them "officially complain" to get service

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Car Phone Warehouse still regards themselves as modern, even futuristic. But seriously, it's usually really easy to deal with places regarding these things.

I hope you get answers. I'm really lucky to have the carrier I have because they're excellent when it comes to exchanges and warranty. They seem to always know exactly what to do for people.

I've rarely had to do exchanges and whatnot because I always buy BlackBerry devices and they've pretty much all been awesome build quality, just like my PRIV is.

Last edited by buckwylder; 02-17-16 at 06:08 PM.
    02-17-16 05:53 PM
    I actually contacted BlackBerry PRIV support to see if they would budge on exchanging my model for the wireless charging capable model (just to see, I knew they most likely wouldn't, but I just tried anyway).

They offered to call my carrier to arrange a return so that I could take that money and order the Canadian model from ShopBlackBerry with wireless charging. Since I was just checking if they would do the exchange directly, I declined. It's not that big of a deal, I only wanted to check and see...

This lead me to believe they're probably trained to conference call the particular retailer to arrange an exchange between you and that retailer, representing BlackBerry on your behalf while on the phone.

Now either BlackBerry support were actually trained to do this and only some reps are performing the duty, or some reps are simply going above and beyond. Either way, all BlackBerry support reps should be consistently doing this, especially in cases exactly like yours.

02-17-16 06:01 PM
    My support experience was very poor. The RMA section are only open from 8am ES which is 1pm here in UK.

As I was going to be without my device for 2 weeks I've actually bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 second hand.

Sadly I'm rather liking it..... can see the repaired Priv ending up on ebay.

02-24-16 01:01 PM
    As the saying goes, "your mileage may vary". I purchased a Priv last week through a third party (They bought it, used it for a day and decided they didn't like it and put it up on eBay.) and the day after I got it, the physical keyboard stopping working properly (all it could do was scroll). So after letting the seller know about the issue, I got in contact with BlackBerry Tech Support. I started the process with BlackBerry via the BlackBerry Help Twitter account. Trying to work with them with my crazy work schedule was tough (multiple emails back and forth), but I just got off of the phone with them and they patched in T-Mobile onto the call and T-Mobile is sending me a replacement device and I'll be shipping the defective phone back.
    02-26-16 06:45 PM
    From my experience with BB warranty support, it's always best to call. I was able to call and get everything resolved and a new device sent out within 30mins start to finish. Previously I was emailing back and forth for 2 weeks, getting the run around. I cleared stated I had a microphone issue, and they had it stated in the email ticket that it was a speaker issue... brutal, but happy the live phone service was considerably better.
    03-18-16 10:57 AM
    As I also bought my Priv from CPW, I hope I dont have a similar experience if anything should happen. @james_1989

Question, did you get the Geek Squad warranty? It would worry me if you got it and still had to go through all that.

In the past I havent really had an issue with Blackberry returns. Lost my Q5 and got it replaced with EE. My charging port went wrong on my new Q5 and that got replaced. Turnaround time no longer than a week. I did have insurance however.

Hope your situation works out.
    03-18-16 01:17 PM