I subscribed to Sirius XM 2 weeks ago. As of MM update, it No longer runs in the background. Is there a way to switch this back on? Thanks!
    04-29-16 05:17 PM
    Are you using wifi when it occurs? Sometimes the battery saving feature Doze can interfere with wifi streaming.
    04-29-16 05:31 PM
    Yes it's wifi but I didn't put the device down, I just wanted to send a text. I think I saw some setting that said kill apps on close when I upgrade to MM (or something to that effect) and turned it on, now I can't find it and it may be the culprit. Any idea where that setting would be? Unless I dreamed it?
    04-29-16 05:34 PM
    You can try white-listing the app in Settings>Battery>3 dot menu upper right>Battery Optimization>All Apps>select Sirius app>Don't Optimize>Done.

It appears from the app reviews that the Sirius people haven't figured how to code their app to avoid shutdowns on sleep or notifications. Alot of similar complaints on the Playstore.
    04-29-16 05:39 PM
    I can close out any streaming app completely and Google Cast it to Audio or TV . For example Netflix and Spotify.
    Still works great with apps closed out. Only thing that stops it is stop casting or pressing stop within app.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    04-29-16 06:37 PM
    You can try white-listing the app in Settings>Battery>3 dot menu upper right>Battery Optimization>All Apps>select Sirius app>Don't Optimize>Done.

It appears from the app reviews that the Sirius people haven't figured how to code their app to avoid shutdowns on sleep or notifications. Alot of similar complaints on the Playstore.
    Thanks I just tried it but it didnt work.
    04-29-16 07:38 PM
    It worked fine in Lolli. This is making me crazy.
    04-29-16 07:39 PM
    Turn your wifi off and use mobile and see if that is indeed the issue affecting the Sirius app streaming. If that is the case then try.
    Wi-Fi Keep Alive

I'm stumped for ideas if that doesn't work.
    04-29-16 08:23 PM
    Does ur Google play stream in the background?
    04-29-16 08:52 PM
    Its something with Sirus. You can test by trying another streaming app like TuneIn or IHeartRadio etc.
    04-29-16 08:56 PM
    My Google music play thingy isn't streaming in the background either. I tried the wifi, Nada. I could swear I saw some new setting that stops apps when you flip out of them but I can't find it anywhere. Again, unless I dreamed this setting!
    04-29-16 08:58 PM
    Does anyone know where this setting is?
    04-29-16 08:59 PM
    I found it. It was in developer options. ..and it was causing the problem. "Don't keep activities" phew, that was making me nuts, it's working now!
    04-29-16 09:14 PM
    Dont keep, not emoji keep. Where did that come from? Crazy swipe
    04-29-16 09:15 PM
    I found it. It was in developer options. ..and it was causing the problem. "Don't keep activities" phew, that was making me nuts, it's working now!
    Why'd you turn on dev options in the first place, its not a place to fiddle unless you know what you're doing, and why would you turn that flag on once you saw it? Glad you figured it out.
    04-29-16 11:28 PM
    Why'd you turn on dev options in the first place, its not a place to fiddle unless you know what you're doing, and why would you turn that flag on once you saw it? Glad you figured it out.
    The devil made me do it. Was trying to find ways to extend the battery life, which didn't really improve for daily activities on MM. Oddly, with that option on, apps are still doing stuff in the background, you just can't interact with them. Me thought this would kill them without me manually having to kill them all day long, but no dice!
    05-01-16 09:41 PM