Hi,
    i just took the priv out of my pocket and noticed that it was in progress of rebooting. Then it showed an "updating app .. of 88" as it usually does during a fireware update. But my last firmware update was already done yesterday.
    What has happenend to my phone? I'm worried...
    After the reboot, i noticed that the calendar's date was reset to some default value, but has now updated to the current value.
    All apps seem to be working as usual.
    The system-information shows "android-sicherheitspatch-ebene: 2. april 2016" and kervel-version is of Mar 17.

Muecke
    04-05-16 11:28 AM
    if you have your phone set to automatically update then i guess updating and rebooting is not unusual.
    04-05-16 01:48 PM
    if you have your phone set to automatically update then i guess updating and rebooting is not unusual.
    How can i disable automatic updates?
    04-05-16 11:12 PM
    I've not seen a setting for that. Only the UPDATE under the About Screen. It might be lurking somewhere.

I don't see it doing it since who would know what kind of charge is on the battery or if you needed to make a phone call and it was in the midst of loading or rebooting.
    04-05-16 11:59 PM
    Is it the usual behavior that the updates are performed automatically? I never noticed this before...
    04-06-16 01:21 AM
    optimizing apps can be caused by other issues, like a bootup that gets interrupted. My phone did it once after powering the phone on with the battery too low. It died during boot, then on the next power on (after charging) it went through the optimizing apps process.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 08:51 AM
    There was an update kind of forced on folks with BB10. You could delay the restart but it was some security issue and BB did force it through. I don't know about the Priv.
    04-06-16 08:56 AM
    I think I have a similar issue.

Once in a while my Priv has been restarting for no reason that I know of.

And I belive I get the updating apps thing, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with an update. I think if anything has changed to the system preferences or apps and you reboot you will get that.

Wait a day and restart and see if you get that screen. I believe you do (or at least I have been).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 08:59 AM
    I guest my phone was auto update and reboot itself as well but when I was sleeping at night , how did I know, I notice that my phone was hot and drain battery like hell from BlackBerry service in the morning, it happen for one or two days, everytime after update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my PRIV
    04-06-16 12:39 PM
    A few hours ago, my Priv again did a sutomated reboot. Now i've installed an uptime-widget so i can see if it actually was a reboot or the sim-card error. according to the widget, it was a reboot.
    04-07-16 09:35 AM
    I guess you could have a hardware problem???? Give it a good shake. Slam it into your opposite hand to see if it reacts to shock and has a loose component.

Any odd apps that might be triggering a reboot?
    04-07-16 10:00 AM
    Shaking and slamming doesn't do anything to it. The behavios occurs since the april firmwareupdate. maybe there something went wrong...
    04-07-16 12:20 PM
    I guess you could reload the OS using one of the Autoloaders found in the Stickies above the normal threads.
    04-07-16 04:43 PM
    Oh boy muecke63 you are struck by quite a lot issues like SIM Carl errors and now automatic restarts. Mine is still since 4 weeks on RMA at Jacob-Computer, which svcks too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    04-09-16 02:19 AM