Anybody else having a strange shuffling high pitched noise while charging wirelessly? I've had several other phones with wireless charging and none have ever made any type of noise while on a charging pad. First a high pitched noise while using the camera and now while wireless charging on the Priv. Strange.
    11-08-15 08:08 AM
    All wireless chargers do this- if not fully aligned right, it takes a bit to find each phones happy placement

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:06 AM
    Happens sometimes on my Verizon Z30...
    I agree it seems like it's a placement thing.

It usually is fine but if it vibrates a little then it could make that noise sometimes.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-08-15 09:30 AM
    Strange. Never had any phone previously with wireless charging make the noise. My Priv does it no matter how it is placed on the charging pad and the alignment guide shows its aligned perfectly and charging. It's not the charging pad making the noise, it's the Priv itself.
    11-08-15 10:07 AM
    Strange. Never had any phone previously with wireless charging make the noise. My Priv does it no matter how it is placed on the charging pad and the alignment guide shows its aligned perfectly and charging. It's not the charging pad making the noise, it's the Priv itself.
    I'm not sure if my Z30 or the charger is making the noise because it happens randomly once in a while and it's tough to test.

Will admit it scared the crap out of me one night.

11-08-15 02:17 PM
    There is a known resonance issue with some priv's camera ois system. Does your priv make this sound in the camera App or when the "flash light" is on?

Might not be related at all but if you have other symptoms it just might be.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 02:39 PM
    Yes, the camera makes noise also. A high pitched one while using it. Doesn't matter what camera app I use.
    11-08-15 03:25 PM
    I'd replace it.
    11-08-15 04:24 PM
    Yes, the camera makes noise also. A high pitched one while using it. Doesn't matter what camera app I use.
    Find more information here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-noise-1046701

There is a fix in the work for the camera issue which may address your other sound issue too.

I'd suggest starting a ticket by phoning the support number that came with your Priv. Better to do a device swap directly with blackberry than your carrier. Then they can actually address the issue on your phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 06:55 PM
    Anybody else having a strange shuffling high pitched noise while charging wirelessly? I've had several other phones with wireless charging and none have ever made any type of noise while on a charging pad. First a high pitched noise while using the camera and now while wireless charging on the Priv. Strange.
    OP do you get it every time you try to use Qi charging or only sometimes?

11-09-15 12:08 PM