�Relative to Passport, Classic and Leap, and [over the] same time frame, this is magnitudes better than those launches,� Beard said, adding that for the first time in ages, BlackBerry could have more demand than supply for a product.

�I�m a little worried about making sure I have enough,� said Beard, who is also in charge of BlackBerry�s manufacturing operations. �It�s a good problem to have.�

BlackBerry?s Phone Future Hinges on Priv?s Success | Re/code
    ce71 and wincyUt like this.
    11-29-15 01:55 PM
    �Relative to Passport, Classic and Leap, and [over the] same time frame, this is magnitudes better than those launches,� Beard said, adding that for the first time in ages, BlackBerry could have more demand than supply for a product.

�I�m a little worried about making sure I have enough,� said Beard, who is also in charge of BlackBerry�s manufacturing operations. �It�s a good problem to have.�

BlackBerry?s Phone Future Hinges on Priv?s Success | Re/code
    A terrible situation if buyers chose another smartphone that is in stock instead of waiting for stock replenishment. A guarantee of 24-hour delivery would certainly help consumers.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 02:39 PM
    This is from November 2nd though, supplies have been better over the past week or so.
    11-29-15 02:56 PM
    Yeah, take everything said until they are called to the podium with a grain of salt:

"Since I have completely different information�and you can be sure that we are [watching] the sales figures every day�[I can tell you] we have exceeded our expectations, and the requirement were ambitious,"

That's was said about sales of the Z10.
    lift, FF22, JeepBB and 9 others like this.
    11-29-15 03:04 PM
    Yeah, take everything said until they are called to the podium with a grain of salt:

"Since I have completely different information�and you can be sure that we are [watching] the sales figures every day�[I can tell you] we have exceeded our expectations, and the requirement were ambitious,"

That's not to say that they didn't have great sales for a few days.... and then returns happened and phone exchanges for all the restarting phones. My Z10 restarts white regularly to this day I think. That or the apps crash while locked. Not sure. And yet here I am considering the priv...

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 03:14 PM
    I don't trust him.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-29-15 03:24 PM
    Unfortunately we have heard this too many times before. Time will tell and the truth will be revealed. Hoping this is the case but certainly not counting on it. As much as I love BlackBerry and the Passport...they are not a handset maker anymore.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    murphcid, dolco, techvisor and 3 others like this.
    11-29-15 03:43 PM
    "Now, the question is whether consumers will agree. Pre- orders began last month, and Beard said initial sales top anything in recent memory, though he didn�t provide any specific numbers."
    This is from the paragraph before the OP quotes. Beard is making a lot of claims but isn't giving any numbers to back them up. Until BlackBerry publishes some firm sales numbers, any thing said is pure speculation.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:51 PM
    .@martyjbeard, COO of Blackberry: "We're in the midst of a swift turnaround." #FedTalks

https://twitter.com/fedscoop/status/666681963491803136
    CrackberryQ likes this.
    11-29-15 05:57 PM
    How many sales does this tweet equal?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:43 PM
    still way too early to talk of any sales numbers, not even the next quarterly results
    11-29-15 08:56 PM
    How many sales does this tweet equal?

Posted via CB10
    "We're in the midst of a swift turnaround"

BlackBerry Priv: High Demand Forces Delay In Shipping Date For New Orders

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 09:52 PM
    11-30-15 05:26 AM

"Since I have completely different information—and you can be sure that we are [watching] the sales figures every day—[I can tell you] we have exceeded our expectations, and the requirement were ambitious,"

Chen also said the same thing about Passport sales. Mentioning that supply/demand was a good problem to have.

We all know how that turned out.
    dolco, techvisor, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    11-30-15 09:29 AM
    "Beard said initial sales top anything in recent memory, though he didn�t provide any specific numbers."

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately Beard's recent memory only goes back as far as the Leap.
    11-30-15 09:34 AM
    I don't trust him.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    No reason to trust him.
    .@martyjbeard, COO of Blackberry: "We're in the midst of a swift turnaround." #FedTalks

https://twitter.com/fedscoop/status/666681963491803136
    Yeah.......we've previously heard similar comments from others. The turn-around always seems to pick up steam after a new device launches.
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    11-30-15 10:58 AM
    Marty Beard is not one to shy away from hype. Listen to what he had to say about the Passport launch at FedTalks 2014 (starting at 4:06):

11-30-15 01:30 PM
    In these guys defense, this is what they are supposed to do. It's not like they can come out and say "Yeah, sales are really low and we aren't moving any devices."

I don't know if the Priv is selling well or not but they don't really have a choice but to say the things they are saying, regardless of how well it is or isn't selling.
    11-30-15 02:18 PM
    This is from November 2nd though, supplies have been better over the past week or so.
    Blaze.

Highly respect you.

But if your in the US and want to get a Priv that isn't an AT&T variant your only option is ShopBB and waiting two to three weeks.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-30-15 02:30 PM
    This is a bit of pie in the sky bit I think there's a correlation between Crackberry forum comments in the individual device categories and sales.

Based on this and what I remember watching with the other launches I think the priv is selling about the same or maybe a little better than the other BlackBerry 10 models on average.

The difference maybe that the priv could have more staying power on the sales chart once the initial excitement is over.

This is all speculation on my part of course.

Posted via CB10
    chalx and Mr4aces like this.
    11-30-15 02:40 PM
    This is a bit of pie in the sky bit I think there's a correlation between Crackberry forum comments in the individual device categories and sales.

Based on this and what I remember watching with the other launches I think the priv is selling about the same or maybe a little better than the other BlackBerry 10 models on average.

The difference maybe that the priv could have more staying power on the sales chart once the initial excitement is over.

Posted via CB10
    As far as pie in the sky methods go around here...and believe me I've had my share of them...I find that they are generally met with skepticism unless they support some sort of colossal failure.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-30-15 02:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Staying power is what... 6-7 units sold out per day? Every other day in retail stores? Hardly enough to move any meaningful needle.
    11-30-15 03:34 PM
    Priv's are flying!

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    11-30-15 03:34 PM
    Staying power is what... 6-7 units sold out per day? Every other day in retail stores? Hardly enough to move any meaningful needle.
    Well, staying power in that it's an android and therefore well attract a more mainstream type of potential buyer. No idea what final numbers will be but if there looking to sell ten million? Per year that's going to be pretty hard at the pace it's doing.

Hope I'm wrong, and probably am.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 03:38 PM
    Well, staying power in that it's an android and therefore well attract a more mainstream type of potential buyer. No idea what final numbers will be but if there looking to sell ten million? Per year that's going to be pretty hard at the pace it's doing.

Hope I'm wrong, and probably am.

Posted via CB10
    Alright, so we know it's Android. That's established. However, just bearing the name Android doesn't automatically bring sales. Just look at all the other OEMs that tried--and failed. Only one Android maker seems to sell anything meaningful.
    11-30-15 03:44 PM
123 123 ...