I've decided to stick with the Priv for now. I'm hopeful BlackBerry will continue to clean up the Hub experience and make it as fluid and as smart as the Passport Hub was. IF BlackBerry cleans up the hub, and eliminates the cheap overlayed feeling, then they are onto something. As of today the hub isn't even half of the Passports, but I'm putting some trust and faith in BlackBerry on this.

Overall, this is a very nice phone, and BlackBerry's software designers need to find some separation from just any other Android phone. There are a lot of cool little things already that make the phone fun, but a smooth and powerful Hub would push this phone into another league.

Keep it up, nice job so far.

John
    Lotster and fanisk like this.
    04-28-16 05:40 PM
    I second that

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-28-16 05:42 PM
    I'll third that sentiment.

04-28-16 05:52 PM
    Just ordered the Priv from Newegg at $399 ... finally couldn't resist. Coming from an AT&T Blackberry Passport. To be honest I've had the Passport for only 6 months... I realize this is blasphemy to many BB faithful but I never got used to the Hub. Always found it overwhelming and cumbersome to use... the only cool feature was the ability to delete messages/notifications from the Hub directly and use pinch-to-zoom for new messages. Otherwise I don't mind a compartmentalized approach. Again, I know I'm in the minority, here.

Hoping the Priv lives up to my expectations. If not, I'll sell it and hold on to my Passport a little longer.
    04-28-16 10:38 PM
    I wrote couple posts on this form specifically about this the HUB. right now is just a social media or email app nothing more nothing less if they manage to find a way to move all system notifications inside the Hub then it would turn to the hub that we all know and love but until then don't expect much from it. people keep saying it's an Android limitations and at the same time they keep saying Android is quite flexible and they can do anything you can imagine LOL.

04-29-16 12:00 AM
    Agree 100%

The Hub is Blackberry's killer app (perhaps the only one) right now as an Android phone maker. Otherwise there's nothing else (maybe the hardware keyboard, but to be honest about 95% of the population migrated to VKB already...)

fanisk likes this.
    04-29-16 12:53 AM