Has anyone had success in speeding up the camera? With hdr it is taking ten seconds for photos to show.
    11-15-15 04:34 PM
    Has anyone had success in speeding up the camera? With hdr it is taking ten seconds for photos to show.
    Other than what the update did and after the phone settles a while everything moves a little faster

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 05:20 PM
    Camera is very slow needs improving via software update.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 05:45 PM
    That's very strange. I benchmarked HDR capture recently, and was looking like about 2.25 seconds for capture to complete and for the file to be saved. This time includes capturing 3 exposures, postprocessing, compression, and saving. Thumbnail should show up quickly after that, but it's possible on your device something else is slowing things down. There is a background media scanner that is supposed to pick up new files, index them, put thumbnails in a database, etc. The camera app listens for this scanner to let it know that a new thumbnail is ready to show. We are working to improve the performance in the camera on the next update

Are you saving to SD card? Perhaps there is a speed issue with your card? Do you see the same problem when using internal storage?
    Also, you should be able to take more photos while the previous one is still processing and saving. We prioritized allowing additional captures, while saving takes place in the background. If there are other busy tasks on your phone in the background, this could compete with the lower priority saving thread. We'll take a look at that too.
    11-15-15 09:21 PM
    Great to see the company's devs on the matter
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-15-15 09:32 PM
    Great to see the company's devs on the matter
    And on a Sunday night!!

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    11-15-15 09:39 PM
    I have zero issues taking pictures. Not sure if hdr is on ( I haven't changed anything)
    11-15-15 09:43 PM
    That's very strange. I benchmarked HDR capture recently, and was looking like about 2.25 seconds for capture to complete and for the file to be saved. This time includes capturing 3 exposures, postprocessing, compression, and saving. Thumbnail should show up quickly after that, but it's possible on your device something else is slowing things down. There is a background media scanner that is supposed to pick up new files, index them, put thumbnails in a database, etc. The camera app listens for this scanner to let it know that a new thumbnail is ready to show. We are working to improve the performance in the camera on the next update

Are you saving to SD card? Perhaps there is a speed issue with your card? Do you see the same problem when using internal storage?
    Also, you should be able to take more photos while the previous one is still processing and saving. We prioritized allowing additional captures, while saving takes place in the background. If there are other busy tasks on your phone in the background, this could compete with the lower priority saving thread. We'll take a look at that too.
    The ten seconds is taking on place on hdr saving to internal storage. Even with it off, it is taking five seconds or so for a thumb to show up. I am not sure what triggered this as it was doing well.
    11-15-15 10:26 PM
    The ten seconds is taking on place on hdr saving to internal storage. Even with it off, it is taking five seconds or so for a thumb to show up. I am not sure what triggered this as it was doing well.
    How often do you reboot?
    11-15-15 10:30 PM
    Reboot daily. Just did three test photos with hdr and one took 8 seconds to show, one took eleven seconds to show and the other took 3. Ridiculous. I took identical shots with my wife's iPhone 6s Plus with hdr and it took less than 1 second to show.
    11-16-15 07:29 PM
    Reboot daily. Just did three test photos with hdr and one took 8 seconds to show, one took eleven seconds to show and the other took 3. Ridiculous. I took identical shots with my wife's iPhone 6s Plus with hdr and it took less than 1 second to show.
    Let us hope they sort it out soon. I know what you mean with the 6s+ I'm running it myself.
    11-16-15 07:41 PM
    Let us hope they sort it out soon. I know what you mean with the 6s+ I'm running it myself.
    I downloaded Camera Zoom Fx from the Play Store and the lag is noticeably better. Seems to be a software issue for sure. I tried Google Camera as well and it too cut down on lag. HDR will always lag a bit, but ten seconds or more is not acceptable. I will be using Camera ZOOM until it is fixed.
    11-16-15 09:04 PM
    Camera Zoom FX seems slightly faster than the BB Camera app, Google Camera does not offer much improvement for me (the first time I tried it, it even took 3-5 seconds per picture - outside in overcast conditions, with HDR disabled, but after a reboot I have not experienced that problem since so it was probably a fluke).

There is also usually a difference between the preview image that you get after you take the shot (that one usually looks fine actually) and the actual image you end up with. Again, even without HDR. I recorded a video of it to prove this is not just a feeling I have:
    (start at 2:44 and turn off your speakers)
    11-18-15 02:17 AM