Either:

- Blackberry is only focusing on releasing the key one and use all their resources for that. (most logical reason but the saddest for nougat hopes)

- Priv is soon to pass the 2 years of updates they promised so they are starting to slow the update process. However this does not explain why the DTek 60 isn't updated yet too.

- Priv and the Dtek line ups are actually getting nougat very soon so they halt on updating marshmellow for now until they release nougat on all their android devices.

These three theories are the most logical for me. The thing is that all BlackBerry android phones have enough specs to run nougat easily. The question is which theory is actually the closest to what is actually going on at BlackBerry right now. Also lets be honest to each other. Updating android cant be that hard and ressources consuming right? I mean its probably a two day job for a qualified team that Blackberry already posses. Then again I dont know any better so I leave that to you to answer. In any case. The Priv is still an awesome phone and for me the best phone in the world right now for its unique look, build quality and overall performence. Marshmallow is very stable on it and getting one for only 275$ on bhphoto is just a steal.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    04-15-17 12:06 AM
    Just want to add that if Blackberry still wants to be relevent they ABSOLUTELY need to work on thei communications with the consumers. Letting customers in the dark only hurts the company and makes them lose credibility. Is it that hard to let us know of what the heck is going on?
    chuckiev79, kariekas, FF22 and 3 others like this.
    04-15-17 12:18 AM
    Blackberry said 2 years support after device EOL, so i didn't hear a EOL for PRIV.
    mbirth likes this.
    04-15-17 01:27 AM
    As others have said: it's annoying that BlackBerry don't keep us customers in the know. I've pretty much decided my next phone won't be a BlackBerry. I'm extremely unimpressed with the update situation and the KeyOne, I don't think blackberry mobile will ever be able to compete with the rest of the market. That's just my prediction based on what I've seen.
    RK_BB and Nathan Conley like this.
    04-15-17 01:31 AM
    Just want to add that if Blackberry still wants to be relevent they ABSOLUTELY need to work on thei communications with the consumers. Letting customers in the dark only hurts the company and makes them lose credibility. Is it that hard to let us know of what the heck is going on?
    Agreed wholeheartedly!
    04-15-17 01:41 AM
    I think Blackberry doesn't understand that they are not the head of the game as they used to be. Now they have to work harder and be more communicative towards consumers because they are losing everything. I never liked Chen nor I have respect for whatever he did. He made the company do a 180 degree and basically trashed Blackberry's old reputation. We can now really say RIP RIM and RIP BlackBerry.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    04-15-17 01:48 AM
    Lack of communication seems to be the issue - and this was in die closer past even more present (Keyone, Nougat...). I wonder, why they simply don't use their twitter-channels to keep the community updated?

Posted via CB10
    RK_BB likes this.
    04-15-17 02:13 AM
    I think Blackberry doesn't understand that they are not the head of the game as they used to be. Now they have to work harder and be more communicative towards consumers because they are losing everything. I never liked Chen nor I have respect for whatever he did. He made the company do a 180 degree and basically trashed Blackberry's old reputation. We can now really say RIP RIM and RIP BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry reputation was trashed long before JC got there. Depending on where you are in the mobile space, BlackBerry reputation was sliding between 2007-2012.

Posted via CB10
    ev44, anon(9742832) and werkregen like this.
    04-15-17 05:24 AM
    The thing is, the great majority of people I know if not all, do not know what a security update is or if they get it. They all mostly own Samsung, so would that mean Samsung does a poor job as well?
    Don't confuse us lurkers here for the majority.
    04-15-17 07:52 AM
    The thing is, the great majority of people I know if not all, do not know what a security update is or if they get it. They all mostly own Samsung, so would that mean Samsung does a poor job as well?
    Don't confuse us lurkers here for the majority.
    While true, BB still emphasizes the security element of their phones or their twist on the Android OS. But, also, April is not over although today is its midpoint.

But maybe they communicate better with their Enterprise customers. But it would be nice if one of them slipped in some information that BB relayed to them.
    04-15-17 09:29 AM
    According to the Rogers OS update schedule, none of the older Android phones are getting Nougat.
    04-15-17 09:30 AM
    OS updates are one thing, security updates another. I can see two years being reasonable for OS updates. Of course I would be interested to see when or where BlackBerry actually stated this.

As for security updates, clearly one of the key selling points for BlackBerry Android is to deliver monthly security patches on par with Google. Anything less (for as long as Google continues to do it for the applicable version of Android) will be completely unacceptable!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-17 10:21 AM
    Samsung is a phone market leader. Blackberry is not anymore. That means while Samsung can live while ignoring its customers and timely security patches that they never promised BlackBerry CANNOT. Moreover BlackBerry did promise these updates. So not only they can't keep their promises but they also are lacking communications that they need in order to survive. It is really sad for a company that wants to be relevant again. I wish I could be the ceo of it I would bring right back up.
    RK_BB and chuckiev79 like this.
    04-15-17 11:56 AM
    Here, let me fix the subject line for you: "My wild wild speculation why the Priv didn't get April update...yet"
    bluetroll, kikipintre and xandros9 like this.
    04-15-17 01:22 PM
    It's more likely Reason 1. I'm sure there is some organizational chaos over at BB over the last 6 months as an already lean workforce sent 400 engineers over to Ford, PRIV suffered for this update and KeyOne delayed with all hands on deck for it.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-17 02:09 PM
    Oh yeah that is true I forgot about that deal with Ford. Makes sense now.
    04-15-17 07:35 PM
    Blackberry said 2 years support after device EOL, so i didn't hear a EOL for PRIV.
    Yes, and the promised frequent update strategy was the main reason for me to buy the phone

Anyway: According to BlackBerry begins rollout of April Android security update | CrackBerry.com the 2017-04 update should be available.
    The update is also listed at BlackBerry powered by Android Security Bulletin – April 2017.
    Strange thing is, the update is not linked via the german language overview table on https://de.blackberry.com/enterprise...-response-team .
    And I didn't get inspite of checking regularily. Will the update not be rolled out to Priv phones in germany? Aynone got it?

By the way, the german suppot site https://de.blackberry.com/smartphone...kberry/support is a really bad translation. Is germany as target market not relevant?
    04-16-17 01:12 AM
    Is the new BlackBerry Mobile now handling updates instead of BlackBerry? If so how do we contact them about updates?
    04-16-17 01:38 AM
    Is the new BlackBerry Mobile now handling updates instead of BlackBerry? If so how do we contact them about updates?
    BlackBerry Mobile is a part to TCL, which is a licensee of BlackBerry. Even with the KEYone, we'll still be waiting for updates from BlackBerry.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-16-17 03:38 AM
    In my opinion the update is being held back until after the easter holidays. Should any issues with the update arise, the support will not be as understaffed as it probably is during this weekend.
    Updates aren't released on Fridays either.
    04-16-17 04:15 AM
    Their reputation was already in the toilet when Chen came on board.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-16-17 10:10 AM
    As others have said: it's annoying that BlackBerry don't keep us customers in the know. I've pretty much decided my next phone won't be a BlackBerry. I'm extremely unimpressed with the update situation and the KeyOne, I don't think blackberry mobile will ever be able to compete with the rest of the market. That's just my prediction based on what I've seen.
    I have huawei (as well as a BB), and I have had no info on updates. So it's not just Blackberry that's slow to let consumer know about updates!! I hope to get a Priv or Ketone in the near future as I have confidence in BB. (Just my opinion)
    BBeast likes this.
    04-16-17 10:35 AM
    Let's hope and pray to god Blackberry Mobile does not highlight the same things Blackberry did when they launched their Dtek50 device.

Don't say you'll get zero day patches (ie. equal Google's Pixel and Nexus phones).

Don't say you'll get monthly security updates (ie. slightly adhering to Google's schedule) because the dtek50 fell behind 2 months at one point.

If they can avoid highlighting these points as they did for the dtek devices, it'll look much better on them.

Oh - and Samsung and Huawei NEVER claimed they have the most secure devices nor have they EVER claimed they would provide monthly security patches and they sure as hell never claimed zero day patching....

That's the difference.
    04-16-17 04:14 PM
    Blackberry is waiting for the OP to by any DTech model and then they would bring out N for the Priv

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 02:56 PM