While I can't complain about my battery life, normally. But every so often (once every 2 weeks more or less), Android OS causes a wake lock issue then takes up the number one battery use spot, causing decreased battery life. Then I ran into this recent article:

Android OS Bug Causes Battery Life Issues Via Wakelock | Androidheadlines.com

I'll investigate further and report back.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ajwan; 06-22-16 at 11:37 AM.
    JWWIII likes this.
    06-22-16 11:25 AM
    I had Wake Lock issues with Google Play Services, on KK and LP. Never had any of the above issues on MM. The simple thing to do was turn off background features. One of the main reasons I selected the OnePlus One, because I have full control over every aspect of my phone. But I'm a tinker, and the average user might suffer these issues, but there are ways to remedy this.
    06-22-16 11:44 AM
    Yeah I know. I'd like to use Better Battery Stats to confirm the backup bug, but it requires root access. For better (a feature) or for worse, that's beyond the reach of Priv users. It doesn't bother me too much and the benefits of the backups, for now, are outweighing the not-too-frequent wake locks.
    06-22-16 11:49 AM
    It's funny, because I've used that automated backup process on every single Android device I've owned, and I've never run into this issue. Even my Priv has no issue. I wonder if there is some particular thing that is being backed up that causes the problem, something I don't make use of or something along those lines.
    06-22-16 12:05 PM
    Who knows, this is probably but one of many potential bugs that can cause a wake lock. And I wouldn't say BB10 was immune either. There were times on my prior Passport when I went to sleep with a full battery and woke up with only 25% left.

As the good doc mentioned in the movie iRobot, you've got random strings of code or "bugs", possibly trying to interact with each other. Perhaps one day, Android will become self aware?!
    Last edited by ajwan; 06-22-16 at 01:19 PM.
    06-22-16 12:59 PM