I've watched majority of the reviews on YouTube and I have to admit they're not in depth and don't cover some of the awesome features only us BlackBerry users are aware of. The review should be targeting existing android users that already are familiar with the android platform, but need to be educated on how BlackBerry has improved and implemented their features.

Some of the awesome features that have been missed include:
    -the gestures on the virtual and physical keyboard such as one finger or two finger swipe to delete, flick for punctuation, word prediction, two finger swipe down to hide keyboard, etc
    -more detailed look at the hub, reply from hub, delete, file, pinch for priority or unread, not needing to check individual apps,search in hub,etc
    -security features we use everyday like picture password (they'd go nuts for this), password keeper
    -many more I can't think of at the moment

I don't own a priv yet and I haven't had the chance to play with one as I'm in Australia and haven't heard yet of any plans to bring it down under, so I'm not sure whether all these features are included but I would think they are from what I've gathered.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:24 PM
    Yes!!! Been waiting for that

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:28 PM
    I've watched majority of the reviews on YouTube and I have to admit they're not in depth and don't cover some of the awesome features only us BlackBerry users are aware of. The review should be targeting existing android users that already are familiar with the android platform, but need to be educated on how BlackBerry has improved and implemented their features.

Some of the awesome features that have been missed include:
    -the gestures on the virtual and physical keyboard such as one finger or two finger swipe to delete, flick for punctuation, word prediction, two finger swipe down to hide keyboard, etc
    -more detailed look at the hub, reply from hub, delete, file, pinch for priority or unread, not needing to check individual apps,search in hub,etc
    -security features we use everyday like picture password (they'd go nuts for this), password keeper
    -many more I can't think of at the moment

I don't own a priv yet and I haven't had the chance to play with one as I'm in Australia and haven't heard yet of any plans to bring it down under, so I'm not sure whether all these features are included but I would think they are from what I've gathered.

Posted via CB10
    Well for starters a lot of that isn't included. A two finger swipe down doesn't hide the keyboard. You have to press a virtual button to hide it. Neither is flick for punctuation.

And the hub is a little bit of a mess right now. You can't attach a document from it and its buggy. Password keeper is a snooze with apps like 1Password that are imo far superior.
    11-06-15 08:58 PM
    The reviewers just got used to Android phones having the same features over and over, improving only on the technical specs- so they usually just concentrate on that. And if they did cover a new feature- it's the usual gimmicky heavily-advertised ones (looking at Samsung)
    Since Blackberry virtually did not market the device, the reviewers are clueless. They just know that there's the keyboard- ok, the DTEK software for security- ok, and basically that't it.
    11-06-15 09:10 PM
    11-06-15 09:13 PM
    Although Crackberry's written review is in depth and covers most aspects, the video review only covers key points. The video review on Android Central goes to a little bit more detail, but I think someone with more knowledge of the features that have been taken over from BB10 would do a great job in highlighting those minor gestures/features that we love so much.
    11-06-15 11:02 PM
    Although Crackberry's written review is in depth and covers most aspects, the video review only covers key points. The video review on Android Central goes to a little bit more detail, but I think someone with more knowledge of the features that have been taken over from BB10 would do a great job in highlighting those minor gestures/features that we love so much.
    BlackBerry Priv Review | CrackBerry.com

You said you want a reviewer who has a clue how BB10 works, and I doubt you'll get better than CB at that.
    11-06-15 11:04 PM
    BlackBerry Priv Review | CrackBerry.com

You said you want a reviewer who has a clue how BB10 works, and I doubt you'll get better than CB at that.
    I agree CB knows best, but the video review by CB is only 2:20 long and doesn't show android users what some of the hidden features are and doesn't reassure current BB10 users what has been carried over.

It's important for someone who knows as much as CB does to do a good video review is because by the time other users work out what some of those features are and post an in depth video review, months will have passed, potential buyers will be looking for devices with more up to date specs and the Blackberry Priv will have lost its popularity.
    11-06-15 11:33 PM
    I agree the video review from CB was very vague but I feel the write up made up for that.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:01 AM
    Here's a decent review from the Financial Post by someone familiar with both bB1# and Android. It's substantially less clueless than the usual crop of tech site reviews, which typically seem to be written by smart assed teenagers. http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp...th-apps-galore

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:40 AM