New to Priv and spent a couple of weeks now trying to set my Priv up to do what I did fairly easy on my Z30. My latest adventure has been trying to find a picture app and a hide files app that work well together and have tried several and have not found the right ones yet. Seems as though the picture and file hiding apps don't hide anything in the Marshmallow file manager so its easily viewed without a password

My problem at the moment is that I have 5 pictures in a folder on my phone in the SD card. They show up in the phone and in the Marshmallow file manager but when I plug the phone into the computer and look at the SD card only 2 of the 5 are there on the computer. I have tried refreshing and disconnecting and many other things without success. Anybody have this happen and know of a solution? Thanks in advance.
    09-04-16 11:36 PM
    Were the photos taken on the Priv or did you transfer them to it? Do they have the right EXTENSION and properties? You can usually see INFO or properties if you press one of the menu keys or hit an "I" in some apps.

You are sure where to look? Some file managers (I don't have MM so no access it its FM) will "consolidate" certain types of files like Photos or Music or Video or even Recent in special "shortcuts" so that files from different Folders can appear as if they are all in one folder.
    09-05-16 12:42 AM
    Were the photos taken on the Priv or did you transfer them to it? Do they have the right EXTENSION and properties? You can usually see INFO or properties if you press one of the menu keys or hit an "I" in some apps.

You are sure where to look? Some file managers (I don't have MM so no access it its FM) will "consolidate" certain types of files like Photos or Music or Video or even Recent in special "shortcuts" so that files from different Folders can appear as if they are all in one folder.
    The pictures were taken on the Z30 and transferred to the Priv SD card via computer. They had all the right extensions and had been able to be viewed for a couple of days. I transferred pictures from one folder into another and after that only the recently transferred photos were able to be viewed in the folder on the computer but all were there when viewing from the phone. After multiple restarts of the phone and computer now everything seems to be working fine again but I really don't know what it was that actually fixed the problem.

I do like the phone and I'm trying to give it a fair shot after coming from my Z30. I loved the Z30 but hated the high maintenance in getting the apps to work properly so I thought I'd try the Priv. I have spent almost 3 weeks now stumbling through trying to get the Priv where it will do the things I am used to doing and honestly I never thought it would be this difficult. I do think if I can get it there I will like it. I thank you for your time to reply and help. I wish there were more on here willing to do the same. Thank you
    09-05-16 12:58 PM
    The pictures were taken on the Z30 and transferred to the Priv SD card via computer. They had all the right extensions and had been able to be viewed for a couple of days. I transferred pictures from one folder into another and after that only the recently transferred photos were able to be viewed in the folder on the computer but all were there when viewing from the phone. After multiple restarts of the phone and computer now everything seems to be working fine again but I really don't know what it was that actually fixed the problem.

I do like the phone and I'm trying to give it a fair shot after coming from my Z30. I loved the Z30 but hated the high maintenance in getting the apps to work properly so I thought I'd try the Priv. I have spent almost 3 weeks now stumbling through trying to get the Priv where it will do the things I am used to doing and honestly I never thought it would be this difficult. I do think if I can get it there I will like it. I thank you for your time to reply and help. I wish there were more on here willing to do the same. Thank you
    Glad you got it working. Just this morning I was trying out a Backup App. I had created a Folder, actually, two, one Internal and one sd-card. I plugged in the USB cable - guess what. Neither folder showed up on my Win7 computer. They were there. I checked 3 times. But would not show on the computer. I moved a file around and suddenly one of them showed up. I speculate but don't know that the Priv (or Android) takes its time indexing stuff to make available to the 'outside world' and until it does its housekeeping things might not show up. But, again, just GUESSING.

There are still things I miss about the Z30. And since it is still on wifi, it is BLENDing with my Win7 and Win10 computers. And occasionally I have to use it for something. BB10 was really nice. Android - well, it still takes getting use to and I've had it since March.

But I like the Priv and I like having more Android apps available. Again, just this morning a friend was having trouble pairing his Polar heart rate monitor with his phone and his tablet. He came over, I downloaded the app, we played for a few minutes and I discovered what he was doing wrong. Could not have done that easily with the Z30.

Have fun. And anymore questions, there should be folks willing to chime in if they have suggestions. But there are some who make too much of an issue or digress. Not that I don't sometime digress or crack a joke or criticize (like Verzon not issuing MM!!!!!!)
    09-05-16 01:57 PM