Got my priv on day one, it's bin hot as hell the entire time. Couldn't make my battery last more than 6 hours. Turned all syncs off, location off, disabled any Google app I could. Still cooking. Only thing I could notice was I was constantly switching between lte, 4g and 3g on telus. Found an old android post saying telus doesn't play nice with GSM. Checked my Preffered Network Type, it was set to lte/hspa+/umts/gsm. Switched it to lte/hspa+/umts and wow, instant results. Couldn't have my screen on for more than 2 minutes without it basically burning my hand and loosing 20% battery. In the last 3 hours I've had my phone on non stop, I've lost 3% battery and the phone is barely warm. Also constantly locked on lte now with 3 or more bars, where as before I only got 1 bar lte. Hope this helps some people.
    11-18-15 11:30 PM
    Got my priv on day one, it's bin hot as hell the entire time. Couldn't make my battery last more than 6 hours. Turned all syncs off, location off, disabled any Google app I could. Still cooking. Only thing I could notice was I was constantly switching between lte, 4g and 3g on telus. Found an old android post saying telus doesn't play nice with GSM. Checked my Preffered Network Type, it was set to lte/hspa+/umts/gsm. Switched it to lte/hspa+/umts and wow, instant results. Couldn't have my screen on for more than 2 minutes without it basically burning my hand and loosing 20% battery. In the last 3 hours I've had my phone on non stop, I've lost 3% battery and the phone is barely warm. Also constantly locked on lte now with 3 or more bars, where as before I only got 1 bar lte. Hope this helps some people.
    back it up. Reset to Factory.
    - Update all Google Apps.
    Search for "Blackberry Limited" update / download all apps for Blackberry.
    Reboot phone.

Setup hub... , disable sync , "Push if available"

and don't keep all your **** open... Close down the apps with the SQUARE and "CLEAR ALL" button.

Cheers
    jpvose, buzzer76 and nokia4life like this.
    11-18-15 11:37 PM
    Lol if only that worked for me

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Brad Morse and meth-berry like this.
    11-18-15 11:39 PM
    I really do think it's a telus signal issue. My battery was draining quickly even in standby and noticed the signal bouncing. Put in a Rogers Sim and now my standby drain overnight is down to 1% per hour as opposed to 2.5%. Device still gets warm but not as hot.

I will try your method and pop the telus Sim back in and see what happens.

Brad Morse likes this.
    11-18-15 11:54 PM
    I have noticed constant back and forth with 3g and 4g on Telus. Will report back if I notice an improvement.

nokia4life likes this.
    11-19-15 12:07 AM
    I was losing 40% battery over night. It was getting ridiculous. My replacement Priv that I ordered arrives tomorrow lol. Don't need that anymore. It just makes me happy to pick up the phone and have it not be warm from doing nothing

11-19-15 12:27 AM
    I gotta try this!

11-19-15 12:42 AM
    I have heard of this fix for bb before. Perhaps a sticky is in order if not already!
    11-19-15 01:00 AM
    Where do you change settings for LTE versus 4G
    11-19-15 01:09 AM
    Thanks for sharing.

11-19-15 01:20 AM
    Setting, wireless & networks, more, cellular network.

11-19-15 09:39 AM
    Charged to full before bed, woke up to 99%, I'm happy. Going to slowly start turning back on some features today

Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-15 09:41 AM

I have nothing in there I can change.
    I got
    Mobile Data Service
    Search for ATT Micro
    Access Point Names.

MDS is just on or off.
    11-19-15 09:45 AM
    Haven't noticed any problems with my battery but I just turned off 3g. Let's see what happens.

Posted via my Priv 5.1.1
    11-19-15 10:34 AM
    I got
    Mobile Data Service
    Search for ATT Micro
    Access Point Names.

MDS is just on or off.
    Same here, maybe it's for unlocked phones only.

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    11-19-15 11:03 AM

It's controlled by your SIM card/carrier. You can modify the preferred network settings on the Bell network, too.
    It may be a no-no for AT&T.
    11-19-15 11:26 AM
    It's controlled by your SIM card/carrier. You can modify the preferred network settings on the Bell network, too.
    That's what I was thinking. My only experience is with telus. But it not an unlocked phone

11-19-15 12:25 PM
    I had suffered some heating issues although not horrible. It yesterday I did a factory reset and today I restricted mobile networks to 4G and G3.

Not sure which or if both made and impact but phone is clearly cooler. Not heat at all.

Now after 40 minutes browsing and listening music, battery temp is 33C. Before it would be about 38.

Battery is lasting the same tough. However it was good before. About 5 hours SOT.

If BlackBerry improves CPU governor this would improve further.
    11-19-15 12:35 PM

Mine is unlocked but I do have ATT sim.
    11-19-15 12:44 PM
    First good battery day. 13 hours since charge still sitting at 68%. Love it. Pretty heavy use too. Chrome seems to be the biggest battery guzzler now

Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-15 07:43 PM
    First good battery day. 13 hours since charge still sitting at 68%. Love it. Pretty heavy use too. Chrome seems to be the biggest battery guzzler now

What's your screen time though

11-19-15 07:44 PM
    back it up. Reset to Factory.
    - Update all Google Apps.
    Search for "Blackberry Limited" update / download all apps for Blackberry.
    Reboot phone.

Setup hub... , disable sync , "Push if available"

and don't keep all your **** open... Close down the apps with the SQUARE and "CLEAR ALL" button.

Cheers
    Lol if only that worked for me

I really do think it's a telus signal issue. My battery was draining quickly even in standby and noticed the signal bouncing. Put in a Rogers Sim and now my standby drain overnight is down to 1% per hour as opposed to 2.5%. Device still gets warm but not as hot.

I will try your method and pop the telus Sim back in and see what happens.

I have noticed constant back and forth with 3g and 4g on Telus. Will report back if I notice an improvement.

I was losing 40% battery over night. It was getting ridiculous. My replacement Priv that I ordered arrives tomorrow lol. Don't need that anymore. It just makes me happy to pick up the phone and have it not be warm from doing nothing

I gotta try this!

I have heard of this fix for bb before. Perhaps a sticky is in order if not already!
    Thanks for sharing.

Charged to full before bed, woke up to 99%, I'm happy. Going to slowly start turning back on some features today

I got
    Mobile Data Service
    Search for ATT Micro
    Access Point Names.

MDS is just on or off.
    Haven't noticed any problems with my battery but I just turned off 3g. Let's see what happens.

Posted via my Priv 5.1.1

That's what I was thinking. My only experience is with telus. But it not an unlocked phone

I had suffered some heating issues although not horrible. It yesterday I did a factory reset and today I restricted mobile networks to 4G and G3.

Not sure which or if both made and impact but phone is clearly cooler. Not heat at all.

Now after 40 minutes browsing and listening music, battery temp is 33C. Before it would be about 38.

Battery is lasting the same tough. However it was good before. About 5 hours SOT.

If BlackBerry improves CPU governor this would improve further.
    Mine is unlocked but I do have ATT sim.

Forget about all the guess work...go to Google playstore and download "Cooler Master".

I just got my BBP two days ago and yes it runs way hot but I'm coming off a Samsung S4, which ran just as hot until it updated to the Lollipop OS. How hot is hot? Get the app Cooler Master and it will tell you how hot your phone is running and what apps are causing the battery or CPU to overheat. I've had my BBP run as hot as 106F. Normal temp with average usage should be in the high 80 to mid 90 range. I've heard that a few days, it should start "normalizing." If it doesn't I will sadly have to return it.
    11-19-15 07:47 PM
    I chatted with my buddy Mib Mub and he was all like, 'power it off' in broken English, half in his native tongue. At first I didn't get it until I powered off my PRIV. Mib Mub (village elder) was smiling and clapping his feet with joy, rocking back and forth almost uncontrollably. His understanding is so profound.

11-19-15 10:08 PM
    What's your screen time though

Trying to post screen shots but every time I do the android crackberry app crashes. But after 14 hours I'm sitting at 52% with 18 hrs left.

11-19-15 11:07 PM
    Trying to post screen shots but every time I do the android crackberry app crashes. But after 14 hours I'm sitting at 52% with 18 hrs left.

thats not screen time.

When you go check your battery , click on screen and post how many hours .
    11-19-15 11:27 PM
97 123 ...