Every now and then, I will lose icons from my home page. I've taken some time setting it up the way I want it but then all of a sudden, app icons disappear. For example, I created a BlackBerry folder on my home page that includes DTEK, virtual expert, password keeper and a few others. This morning the folder had disappeared. All I had done was put the phone on my charger. No reboots or anything else.

This is not the first time this has happened. Individual app icons have disappeared from my pages before.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has a similar experience and if so, how do I solve the problem?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 12:11 PM
    Every now and then, I will lose icons from my home page. I've taken some time setting it up the way I want it but then all of a sudden, app icons disappear. For example, I created a BlackBerry folder on my home page that includes DTEK, virtual expert, password keeper and a few others. This morning the folder had disappeared. All I had done was put the phone on my charger. No reboots or anything else.

This is not the first time this has happened. Individual app icons have disappeared from my pages before.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has a similar experience and if so, how do I solve the problem?

It would appear that those apps are installed in Internal Memory and not on an sd card. I've head of apps/icons disappearing if installed to an sdcard.

I wonder if it might occur if you update one or more of those apps? I don't have too many folders and don't know if they react differently than single apps/icons.
    09-29-16 12:43 PM

I have experienced this happening as well to individual icons and my one folder. I have no clue why or how this happens or how to prevent it from happening.

I would also like to know why this happens and how to prevent it from happening.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    09-29-16 06:20 PM
    Sometimes I think an update to the app makes the icon vanish. I'm not 100% but I think it happened to me a few times...

09-29-16 09:50 PM
    I have also experienced this. I have to turn my phone completely off when I'm at work and sometimes icons go missing when I turn it back on. They're usually in the app drawer so it's just a matter of moving them back to the home screen. The problem I have is I don't always remember which one is missing! There's just a blank space on the home screen and, unfortunately, also between my ears.
    09-30-16 01:39 AM
    I have also experienced this. I have to turn my phone completely off when I'm at work and sometimes icons go missing when I turn it back on. They're usually in the app drawer so it's just a matter of moving them back to the home screen. The problem I have is I don't always remember which one is missing! There's just a blank space on the home screen and, unfortunately, also between my ears.
    Can't help with some of your vacuums!

But I've started using the following app to record my home screens. Run the app and scroll and pause through the screens and capture what's on each. For me it was the unfortunate discovery that Safe Mode deleted a number of apps and all gadgets when I ran it to test my keyboard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nrecorder.free
    09-30-16 09:18 AM
    Can't help with some of your vacuums!

But I've started using the following app to record my home screens. Run the app and scroll and pause through the screens and capture what's on each. For me it was the unfortunate discovery that Safe Mode deleted a number of apps and all gadgets when I ran it to test my keyboard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nrecorder.free
    Hahaha! I had screen shots of my home screens, but a couple of weeks ago I decided I didn't need them so they got deleted. Empty space!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-16 01:07 PM
    Exactly. I sometimes wonder what app or folder was there was well. It has to be a software bug. Trouble is I don't know how to provide BlackBerry feedback or a log so they can fix it.

10-01-16 10:51 AM
    Happened to me with during an app update. It was still in the app drawer so I had to put it back on the homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 11:15 AM
    I just had this happen for the first time today. I lost all icons on all home screens except for the ones at the bottom that always stay the same on each screen. I restarted the phone and they were all restored but prior to the reboot nothing would bring them back.
    10-02-16 01:23 PM
    I've had this happen on my priv when the screen turns on in my pocket (before it auto locks, but after it went dark). I added a lock screen shortcut to my persistent icons in the bottom row and use that now before I pocket the device.

10-02-16 01:27 PM