As a BlackBerry Priv user since November 2015, this smartphone provides the best of a large viewing screen and a physical keyboard. The performance ranges from moderate to excellent depending whether your data connection is WiFi or LTE/4G/3G and signal strength. In my experience a full workday is easily achievable, maybe a full day if you are primarily sending and receiving email and/or text messages. While I was initially skeptical about BlackBerry Android OS, the plethora of productivity and communication applications really helped in the transition from BlackBerry Q5 with BlackBerry OS 10 from BlackBerry 9700 & 9780 with BlackBerry OS 6 & 7. The BlackBerry Priv screen is large enough to watch movies if you hold it in your hand at arm's length, and the resolution and sharpness is very good. I rarely use the built-in camera but when I have taken photographs they are very crisp and of a sufficiently high resolution for typical use cases. The illumating physical keyboard, determined by ambient light conditions, makes it easy to type messages, notes, and even blog content. By the way, after using the virtual keyboard for a few minutes my fingers tend to hurt; I would not want to compose a lengthy document or email without the physical keyboard.
    gebco likes this.
    01-01-17 02:03 PM
    Pretty much any iPhone one year onwards.
    Didn't think about them, they drop value when a new one is introduced, regardless of time.
    01-01-17 07:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure the early adapters knew it was going to cost substantially less a year later. What phone isn't?
    Bought mine at full price one day after launch, no regrets.
    I've always been an early adopter with most of the gadgets I've owned over the years. The high tuition fee is unavoidable. The Priv was the first gadget that I lusted over but resisted, and I'm glad I did. I jumped into the pool when it was on offer at$300. Best money I've ever spent in the last decade for any phone or gadget.

Have to admit though that I'm feeling the lust all over again for the Mercury...

Must. Resist. Again.
    01-02-17 12:14 AM
    Very satisfied with the Priv . No problems at all . Waiting for the Mercury launch to give much needed rest to my Priv.
    Same here.
    01-26-17 08:54 PM
    Yep, I am still satisfied with my Priv. I bought it at full price right after release from Shop blackBerry and mathematically I figure that as of today, after having had it approx. 425 days it comes to about $1.65 per day for ownership. Best way I could have spent that money! This is a different approach than that of waiting for it to come down in price and not having had it to use. As an early buyer of the Priv, I did not have a creaky back or other mechanical issues that were reported by some people. It did get quite warm when being used heavily, before I got Marshmallow. But now that rarely happens unless it is updating, which I consider normal. I have really enjoyed the ride of being along and seeing how it has improved with age as BlackBerry has brought new updates to it.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-17 11:56 PM
    Yes!
    01-30-17 12:12 PM
    Yes I am but once mercury is out , shelving it.
    01-30-17 01:39 PM
    I'm a lot more satisfied than I was a few days ago thanks to clearing cache and increasing animation speed. Almost feels like a brand new device again.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-17 01:05 AM
    I'm a lot more satisfied than I was a few days ago thanks to clearing cache and increasing animation speed. Almost feels like a brand new device again.
    So people don't get confused, you decrease the number in animation speed to zero. That removes animations.
    FF22 and kekos like this.
    02-01-17 10:28 AM
    Got my PRIV in July 2016 and overall very pleased. Still using my Passport RED but so pleased do not have to worry about patching apps etc ( used the cobalt method on my Passport). My PRIV just works perfectly and as soon as I activated installed Marshmallow and since have had monthly security updates and a lot app update. Enjoy the beautiful and being able to navigate using touchpad PKB! There is just nothing like it out there. Also the fact can use onehanded and use also SKB when have to. Alos enjoy having 4 rows on the keyboard...could go on..just very pleased! Thanks BlackBerry for such an awesome Android powered device.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 11:08 AM
    I love my PRIV. Never an issue.
    02-01-17 07:10 PM
    I'm about 3 weeks in on my 3rd Priv. I bought one on launch, sold it and stuck with my Classic. Then bought another Priv used, then sold it to stay on my PP SE.

After a few months, I abandoned BlackBerry and used Galaxy Notes and iPhone for a while.

Once I got wind of the Mercury, I decided to buy another Priv from a member here. After using it for 3 days, I sold the Note 5, OnePlus 3T and Galaxy S7 Edge!

Not sure what it is about this Priv, but I love it. I was so impressed that I instantly sold every other device off. Very happy with the Priv right now. I plan on getting the Mercury ASAP and if it doesn't pan out, I have zero problems sticking it out with the Priv!
    Nathan Conley and FF22 like this.
    02-19-17 01:22 AM
    I have two: one for work and one personal one. I have to say that my satisfaction and happiness level with this phone (in both cases) are waning fast. The screens are very clicky on the bottom middle, the circle as well as the Launcher icon. I have found the same lag issues that others have reported (I haven't done a factory reset yet though), and the heat sometimes is so bad that I have to shut the phone off and wait about 20 mins for it to cool down. Also someone else mentioned in one of the threads here that the phone isn't fast. While I didn't feel this way initially, it is definitely not "Speedy Gonzales" when it comes to opening apps. All in all it points more and more to the fact that, for me, BB10 was really the best BlackBerry OS and had things been different with BB10, I probably would stick with the Passport or Q10 or Z30. I really am feeling the lack of premium build quality on the Priv, and it saddens me!
    02-22-17 08:23 PM
    I'm definitely pleased i bought the priv! Love it!
    02-23-17 03:25 AM
    So much so that I bought another one when my first one developed a screen issue. Last night driving home, my wife said she was surprised I bought the same phone. I replied because it's the first one I really like. I would always change to the newest one. This time though, the DTEK60 and mercury just don't do it for me. So another Priv.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-17 04:15 AM
    Really love priv!!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-17 04:38 AM
    Today I spent some time in local store trying both Priv and Dtek60. I noticed that Priv was not only quite warm (I updated few apps and the phone felt as hot as I've never seen before on my Q10 nor Z1 Compact), but apart from that it was REALLY slower than the Dtek. For example: viewing Crackberry website in the Chrome browser: Priv was very laggy (scrolling etc.), Dtek60 was perfectly fluent.

I know, they both are different performance level, but has anyone noticed the huge gap between them?

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    02-23-17 09:23 AM
    Today I spent some time in local store trying both Priv and Dtek60. I noticed that Priv was not only quite warm (I updated few apps and the phone felt as hot as I've never seen before on my Q10 nor Z1 Compact), but apart from that it was REALLY slower than the Dtek. For example: viewing Crackberry website in the Chrome browser: Priv was very laggy (scrolling etc.), Dtek60 was perfectly fluent.

I know, they both are different performance level, but has anyone noticed the huge gap between them?

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    Did you update Chrome and Google services, too?

But it could be the Priv has accumulated more junk since it was put on display whereas the newer dtek60 might be cleaner (cache, data, etc).
    02-23-17 10:56 AM
    nope. had mine a month since it dropped.

at first was brilliant, but it was the little items that caused the issues. Merging with android, and removing some of the core, basics from BB caused the biggest issue.

one to date is the hub. for me to text someone, i hit the pencil, then text. simple
    NOW i have another screen to choose my fav contacts or general contacts. other times, when i choose text, it will bring me to a recent chat and will need to exit all together and redo. Once the text is send and you hit back, takes you to your text message app, back once more takes you to the hub. all the extra steps may sound like nothing, but these are quick items that helped move through the phone.

Also the build quality - utter **** compared to any other blackberry. i was playing with my 9780 a bit ago, and dropped it on purpose a few times around the house and outside - took more a beating. never hard to with my 9000 or 9900, q10 or classic -as they were build solid. YES they take damage, but personally for me, it took A LOT before something would happen. On the priv, you have to nurse it like ALL other phones. Which was 1 thing i loved about BB, you can show off the phone and not be worried.

I am happy to stay, if not for the Mercury, which i do HOPE they took a lot of the issues and put it all into there. If not, i will have to make my best with the Priv, as it's hard to leave a keyboard.
    02-23-17 04:46 PM
    I'm very happy that i switched carriers and bought a PRIV. This is my first blackberry since the q10. I missed out on the z30, passport, and classic.

I said to myself...im too much of a blackberry fan to be stuck on Sprint. The KeyOne looks nice but if i broke my Priv i think I would buy another rather than upgrade.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-17 08:40 AM
    Nah. I've been using a ZTE Axon 7 Mini for about a week now. I'm really enjoying it a lot more than the PRIV.
    02-25-17 12:38 PM
    I am facing solid heating issues. And that is after I have tried to go through all the app deletion and what not. The phone immediately heats up when I turn on the data. Else - ice cold. But what can we accomplish in today's world without data?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    02-26-17 12:27 AM
    And above that, battery life is a pain. I have to be careful all the time.

02-26-17 12:27 AM
    I am facing solid heating issues. And that is after I have tried to go through all the app deletion and what not. The phone immediately heats up when I turn on the data. Else - ice cold. But what can we accomplish in today's world without data?

How's the reception on your phone?
    02-26-17 12:41 AM
    How's the reception on your phone?
    Excellent. I have full network at all times.

02-26-17 12:59 AM
75 123