So, when are we getting the Orea beta :P
    chuckiev79 and Joao Oliveira like this.
    05-17-17 05:37 PM
    So, when are we getting the Orea beta
    Second Tuesday of next week.
    05-17-17 06:00 PM
    I believe you're missing the point... Q.why can't the phone do what it's supposed to do? A.there isn't a good answer.
    See I have plenty of Phones, and to be honest this is only 3/4's of my collection, I also own a Nexus 5x, 6P and a LG G5 that's not in the pictures. Anyways, with owning all these I still say BlackBerry 10 is the best, I can get every app that I can on my Android phones except for Snapchat, I had it working but it quit, but Casper works like a champ on BlackBerry 10.
    krazyatom and FF22 like this.
    05-17-17 06:06 PM
    See I have plenty of Phones, and to be honest this is only 3/4's of my collection, I also own a Nexus 5x, 6P and a LG G5 that's not in the pictures. Anyways, with owning all these I still say BlackBerry 10 is the best, I can get every app that I can on my Android phones except for Snapchat, I had it working but it quit, but Casper works like a champ on BlackBerry 10. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9db983e8fd.jpg
    Hey man what is that color on your priv? Can you make more close up pictures? I have the tan leather color from ukarbon on mine. While it looks super classy I want to spice it up with another color
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-17-17 10:09 PM
    Hey man what is that color on your priv? Can you make more close up pictures? I have the tan leather color from ukarbon on mine. While it looks super classy I want to spice it up with another color
    Sure Man! It's also a UKarbon, Platinum and Orange and then I have a Orange that's stuck on a case so I can make one PRIV orange or have it plan, and then my other PRIV is the Platinum and orange. I've bought and sold so many UKarbons from Tom that he sent me several free for my Dtek50, he said he decided not to sale them for the Dtek50 because it didn't stay on good, he said I was the only one on this planet who had some for the Dtek50. I thought that was pretty cool lol.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-17-17 10:38 PM
    Sure Man! It's also a UKarbon, Platinum and Orange and then I have a Orange that's stuck on a case so I can make one PRIV orange or have it plan, and then my other PRIV is the Platinum and orange. I've bought and sold so many UKarbons from Tom that he sent me several free for my Dtek50, he said he decided not to sale them for the Dtek50 because it didn't stay on good, he said I was the only one on this planet who had some for the Dtek50. I thought that was pretty cool lol.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...89d018c245.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...89e7f81ce8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3b9ef30c6f.jpg
    Oh cool man. I read that before that Tom said the dtek 50 has issues with the stickers. Thanks for the pics I am thinking of getting the gold plus black logo and camera or the carbon fiber black with orange logo and camera. Right now I have brown leather and silver logo and camera. It looks soo classy lol. Too bad there isnt a white priv like they first showed it when they announced it. At least ukarbon is offering a good wide choice of colors to customize the priv hehe
    05-17-17 10:44 PM
    I got the priv and the dtek but the Blackberry 10 phones do everything I need it's perfect for me I don't use a lot of apps. But I can get them all..
    You know that's your use case scenario, and an exception to the rule.

PS- The Privs look hawt!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-17-17 10:52 PM
    You know that's your use case scenario, and an exception to the rule.

PS- The Privs look hawt!
    Thanks man. And yes I understand where your coming to, I love BlackBerry Android and the Priv is my favorite, but I still use my BlackBerry 10 phones to.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-17-17 11:19 PM
    See I have plenty of Phones, and to be honest this is only 3/4's of my collection, I also own a Nexus 5x, 6P and a LG G5 that's not in the pictures. Anyways, with owning all these I still say BlackBerry 10 is the best, I can get every app that I can on my Android phones except for Snapchat, I had it working but it quit, but Casper works like a champ on BlackBerry 10. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9db983e8fd.jpg
    Can I have lots of money too . Having this many phones would be a dream
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-18-17 01:54 AM
    After using Priv for weeks, I realized that BB10 OS is much more superior comparing to Android.
    05-18-17 06:10 AM
    After using Priv for weeks, I realized that BB10 OS is much more superior comparing to Android.
    BB10 OS is definitely superior. But that does not really matter anymore. It was not supported by enough developers and even those that did initially support it, kind of abandoned updating their apps as time passed. BB10 may not be dead as it works well for those who have all of the apps that they need. But it is definitely fading away and will not be successful in the future as an OS for phones.

That is the reality. Sad but that's just the way things went.
    05-18-17 09:21 AM
    In switching from BB10 to BlackDroid I found the best of both worlds. I like that I can customize my phone. The plethora of Launchers let alone apps, allows me to make Android UI more productive.

Though BB10 was smooth for the most part, connecting to the world around me was not so easy. The app gap was huge, not that I used that many. But if I did want the convenience of an app, often there was none. Some Android apps would work, others would not work properly. And yes, you often could do a work around to get an app to work, but most people hate having to do that.

Right now it seems BB10 is dead in the water. Older phones with specs and functionality that decreases over time due to advancements will gradually wear out. There are no new BB10 phones.

All the partner agreements are for secured Android. That has the potential to reach a lot of people more than releasing a BB10 device. What company wants to sell to an ever dwindling potential market group? None. It is counter productive.

We are left with the two A's...Apple and Android. Maybe something will break that stranglehold in the future, but right now we are left with the big two or a Windows phone. There is no new BB10 and it is hard to increase your market share if you have nothing to sell.
    vptsff and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-18-17 09:35 AM
    Well but sadly said!
    Yes, it is the fact!

BB10 OS is definitely superior. But that does not really matter anymore. It was not supported by enough developers and even those that did initially support it, kind of abandoned updating their apps as time passed. BB10 may not be dead as it works well for those who have all of the apps that they need. But it is definitely fading away and will not be successful in the future as an OS for phones.

05-18-17 09:50 AM
    Sure, to each his own. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who'd instantly assume things about someone based on their phones. Like some think that only poor people use Android or how some others think only idiots use iPhones.

I like some things about iOS too, that "Go back to previous app button" is sometimes more useful than Android's back button which does whatever the app's developer wants it to (though 95% of the time it's great), though the button's placement in iOS is really idiotic and necessitates the use of the other hand when holding a phone. The search on iOS is vastly superior to any search on Android, probably due to more "standardization" so it actually searches through all apps (e.g. search on Android can't search through WhatsApp messages). I like the idea of Handoff, Continuity and all that, although I don't have a Mac so I've never really seen it in action. As incomprehensible some things about iOS are to me, that much I can't understand how is it possible that Google or AOSP or whoever never bothered to make a proper PC software to connect to Android phones.
    System backups are also superior on iOS and Android only relatively recently introduced Google Drive backups. And they still very much depend on developers and I'm not entirely confident if I'd be able to restore my apps' data if I were to buy a new phone. With iOS, you buy a new iPhone, restore and everything's exactly the same. As was also possible with rooted Androids since its inception, but god forbid any of those big companies try and learn something from those folks...
    Yeah, I feel the same about iOS... I think that having all photos in the same place regardless of their origin is in fact messy, a I like that on Android they each go to their own place. Obviously just a personal preference. Though, objectively speaking, you can view all photos easily on Android (with a proper gallery app like Piktures (with a K), not sure about that Google Photos abomination).
    Of course, and that's perfectly fine by me.

One other thing I wanted to say is that the biggest gripe I have with both Apple and Google is that they obviously purposefully aren't doing anything anymore. We have a 5-page argument here over what? The incredibly new astonishingly beautiful Nougat, which brings one new feature to the table, the split-screen multitasking, which by the way, Samsung has had for years, since Galaxy S3 if I'm not mistaken. Give me a break, they could have done it 5 years ago too. And the argument from the other side is how Apple's giving you incredible 5 year support. Yeah, they do, with alleged updates which bring zero new features. I remember when iOS 5 or 6 was introduced, and one of the new features listed were 2 new wallpapers. Wallpapers as a new OS feature? Great, incredible, magical...

So, instead of Android fixing the fact that any app can do whatever the hell it wants in the background and battery drains being one of the most discussed things about it for years now, they're listing "quick app switching" as a feature. Yay, two lines of code telling the phone to bring the previous app into focus when double-tapping the app switch button. I'm sure that took half a year of development... Just like the new iOS feature of being able to disable preinstalled apps. Wow, magical! But you can't choose another app as default so if you disable Mail and install e.g. GMail, when you tap on an e-mail address the stupid phone will ask you to download Mail again instead of passing that link to the GMail app. Because that would require yet another two lines of code for which one year of development obviously wasn't enough.
    And both of them list new goddamn emojis as one of the most significant new OS features. Utterly ridiculous.

Same is, in fact, the state of smartphone industry in general. BB is the only one that is trying to do at least one thing different to the others, with the capacitive keyboards and all that. Think about it, so much talk about which phone today has a better camera, better low-light performance, and my 10 year old Sony Ericsson K800 made better low-light photos than any Pixel, iPhone or S8 because it had a goddamn 18th century invention called a Xenon flash. Put a damn Xenon flash on the phone and it will undoubtedly have great low-light photos. But no, 4 mm thickness is a far more useful feature than that. Definitely... Btw, that phone had a proper shutter button that would focus when half-pressed and capture upon full press. Why can't we have that today and instead we have to fight our way with both hands to touch the screen to focus and capture with the stupid onscreen shutter button, I really don't know. Probably so that Apple, Google, Samsung or whoever can introduce the shutter button as an exciting unbelievable new feature sometime in 2022.

Truth be told, that KitKat phone I mentioned earlier could still work as a charm (had it not fallen to the ground one too many times and now it loses contact somewhere so it shuts down on its own), I could do the same things on it the same way I'm doing them on MM or Nougat, in pretty much the same time. It even installs apps faster than Priv on Marshmallow because of whatever godforsaken bug Google made and never fixed regarding installations on MM.

So, when I say that I care little about getting that Nougat update, it's not because I'm apologetic of BlackBerry (is that the right expression? :/), it's because it's such a miniscule step forward that it's not worth wasting more than two sentences on it.

/rant mode off
    Neither am I I don't look down on people because they choose one operating system over the other. I have both and they have strengths for different lifestyle.

I have been a mac user for a long while and that was why I got an iPhone, eventually they introduced continuity and what not which really made things easier. I was really hoping blackberry would integrate something like Blend into their android phones.

Yup, I completely agree with your statement regarding how they are not doing anything. It used to be, "this is what the consumer wants, I will give it to them." Now it's "this is what the consumer wants, they don't know they want it yet" .

I hope you feel better now that you've got that out of your chest.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-18-17 10:04 AM

Agree. BB10 is also less boring compared to ios / android for me. I still use bb10 devices but app gap is too much now.
    vptsff likes this.
    05-18-17 10:09 AM
    bb10 is not supported, it will be increasingly insecure as time passes... the ART and browser are old and doing daily functions such as banking will eventually be thwarted. It is not developers who did not support bb10; BlackBerry did not support developers.

But alas there is an upside; no hacker will waste time on bb10 as it will shortly be nowhere. They don't diddle with webOS either. Hackers know where the action lies. It ain't here.
    05-18-17 10:16 AM
    If BB10 so great, why the other phones then? My original comment was about BB10 in the here and now. It was great @10.2.1, not so much now...
    05-18-17 10:49 AM
    If BB10 so great, why the other phones then? My original comment was about BB10 in the here and now. It was great @10.2.1, not so much now...
    Because I like buying phones lol
    FF22, BigBadWulf, vptsff and 1 others like this.
    05-18-17 05:08 PM
    It is not developers who did not support bb10; BlackBerry did not support developers.
    BlackBerry paid and held the hands of developers. It didn't help, and they ended support when it proved a pointless endeavor.
    FF22 and vptsff like this.
    05-18-17 09:31 PM
    I hope you feel better now that you've got that out of your chest.
    Sure I do. Now, if only Android and iOS were the biggest problems in my life...
    BigBadWulf and FF22 like this.
    05-19-17 02:45 AM
    BlackBerry priv, nexus 6p, iphone se, galaxy note 5, lg v20 all cost the same...

Does it even matter any more why anyone whether or not priv will get nougat

It is clearly the worst of the above options...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 03:56 AM
    Please do elaborate. It's clearly the best if you want a PKB device, and I don't see what is it that's so much worse in any other aspect that would make it "clearly the worst".
    FF22 and bibbula like this.
    05-20-17 04:17 AM
    BlackBerry priv, nexus 6p, iphone se, galaxy note 5, lg v20 all cost the same...

Posted via CB10
    That's your statement. Definitely not my view. Example
    Received an SE at work tried it and it's right in the box brand new turned on once. Small tiny screen outdated OS confusing to get done things clearly.

Posted via CB10
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-20-17 04:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sure it matters for those of us who chose the Priv because we believe this is the best of those phones you mentioned. Mine works fine and is a productivity beast.

I like Marshmallow as an OS and look forward to the potential benefits of Nougat. But if it doesn't come, my phone is still a great device that helps me get things done.
    Uzi, Mirko935 and FF22 like this.
    05-20-17 11:38 AM
    Sure, to each his own. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who'd instantly assume things about someone......

/rant mode off
    Yeah a few good points there. Sadly, a lot of consumers are very simple minded - more megapixels in the camera, a higher number in your Snapdragon and screen resolution which you couldn't discern unless it's under a microscope. With the release of the KeyONE and remembering back to the Moto X Force, what would consumers make of a phone three millimetres thicker, 40 grams more but packing a 7000ma battery? The physical keyboard of the KeyONE is another thing - I still see pretty much everyone still bashing out words with their thumbs but would they go for a phone with a keyboard?

Anyway, I wish Nougat did come to the Priv so it hopefully tweak whatever makes it lag and heat up. And to ensure it'll last for a bit longer when app developers no longer update their apps and include Marshmallow backwards compatibility. This is what happened with my old Motorola Atrix. About that phone, I think it was the first phone with a fingerprint sensor. It also could be had with three different docks - right up to one with a keyboard and screen. The fingerprint sensor has since been reinvented and the phone keyboard/screen dock rediscovered and reborn via Kickstarter.
    05-21-17 02:39 AM
722 ... 45678 ...