Hey all,

I'm using a Z30 as my personal phone. I got it at launch, so it's over 3 years old now. Still love it. Was hoping I could use it for work too, but my company said no. So they let me pick my next phone. And I picked a Priv.

When I first saw it when it first came out, I liked the build quality, but wasn't a fan of the slider and keyboard (especially the space bar). Things haven't changed since I've had it a couple days. But I keep it closed, and ignore the slider.

Luckily this isn't my first experience with Android. I got a Moto G (3) a few months ago (just for fun). Sure, it's a big step up to the Priv, but at least I have a bit of knowledge coming into it.

So far, I'm enjoying it. It's not the best thing ever, as I still prefer BB10, but I am giving it a fair chance. The phone looks very nice. The keyboard reminds me more of the Torch then anything else, and I hated the Torch... but oh well. Maybe it will grow on me, or I'll just won't use it. VKB is great though. Glad it kept BlackBerry VKB, with predictive text, and swipe back.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-18-16 11:35 AM
    Hey all,

I'm using a Z30 as my personal phone. I got it at launch, so it's over 3 years old now. Still love it. Was hoping I could use it for work too, but my company said no. So they let me pick my next phone. And I picked a Priv.

When I first saw it when it first came out, I liked the build quality, but wasn't a fan of the slider and keyboard (especially the space bar). Things haven't changed since I've had it a couple days. But I keep it closed, and ignore the slider.

Luckily this isn't my first experience with Android. I got a Moto G (3) a few months ago (just for fun). Sure, it's a big step up to the Priv, but at least I have a bit of knowledge coming into it.

So far, I'm enjoying it. It's not the best thing ever, as I still prefer BB10, but I am giving it a fair chance. The phone looks very nice. The keyboard reminds me more of the Torch then anything else, and I hated the Torch... but oh well. Maybe it will grow on me, or I'll just won't use it. VKB is great though. Glad it kept BlackBerry VKB, with predictive text, and swipe back.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    You'll get used to it ! The keyboard is good and comes in handy!! BTW is it branded or unlocked??
    skilas likes this.
    11-18-16 12:15 PM
    I recently switched from a Passport, took a few weeks but have grown to love the Priv, still not an �ndroid fan but BlackBerry makes it usable and better for me!
    DiegoV_G, FF22, JG_Agustin and 1 others like this.
    11-18-16 07:31 PM
    "Get in the Android Shinji!"
    skilas likes this.
    11-18-16 08:31 PM
    After moving from my Q10 to a Priv one year ago I haven't missed BB10 since. That might have been because of the Q10's small display and double-typing keyboard, so I understand if it is harder to transition to a Priv from a device that utilized the BB10 OS better (such as a Passport or a Z30). The easy access to Android apps and the design of the Priv (I'm a huge fan of sliders) won me over.
    glwerry, Sigewif, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    11-18-16 11:37 PM
    I'm have the priv, passport and classic. And I most say, priv is the best out of all. You basically get everything from the classics keyboard, to passports touch enable keyboard to a high resolution screen. I give priv a 9, passport a 8 and the classic 7.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and skilas like this.
    11-18-16 11:55 PM
    It took quite an adjustment for me, too. Having come from everything BlackBerry, it was quite an adjustment (more so than that from BBOS to BB10).

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    11-19-16 12:28 AM
    Took me a while to get used to it, but now I don't even touch my Passport SE. Maybe 5 minutes daily. Priv is a lot more complete. Sometimes when I go to a meeting I use my Passport because it's so good looking, but a couple hours later I feel like I'm missing so much by bringing this phone instead of the Priv. The reason I still have my SE is because it's so damn gorgeous
    skilas likes this.
    11-19-16 12:34 AM
    I had not problem at all going from BBOS to BB10. I've borrowed androids phones from friends for specific things (you know usual stuff... see some picture, read something they want me to or see some girl profile at Facebook or Instagram) and played around with their phones and I think the change to Android in a few weeks will be a cultural shock for me.

Z10 STL100-3, 10.3.2.2836
    skilas likes this.
    11-19-16 11:05 AM
    I've grown to love the pkb on my priv. I'd never had a BlackBerry before bb10 and never had a pkb ever. I actually prefer it to the vkb most of the time now. Like the touch scrolling and the instant tactile feedback of the clicks. Can fly through with fewer mistakes and this is coming from a guy that says BlackBerry vkb is the best out there bar none. Give it a shot
    skilas likes this.
    11-19-16 11:16 AM
    Hey all,

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    You will get used to the PKB soon. I am using the Priv since January but have very seldom used the PKB . The VKB you have rightly said is very responsive and has all the ingredients of BB10 VKB.
    skilas and so crow like this.
    11-20-16 07:21 AM
    Hey all,

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    You might also notice it has a great feature. It keeps your leg and hands warm all day ^_^

Its personally one of my top 3 devices from Blackberry. Hope you enjoy it!
    skilas likes this.
    11-20-16 08:09 AM
    You'll get used to it ! The keyboard is good and comes in handy!! BTW is it branded or unlocked??
    It's a Rogers phone, but I don�t see any branding on it.

It is a nice looking phone though. I like the build quality.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-01-16 02:08 PM
    Sounds like you weren't forced to pick the Priv, it's what you chose.
    12-01-16 08:26 PM
    Sounds like you weren't forced to pick the Priv, it's what you chose.
    To extend the statement, yes. I was forced to get a phone, but I chose to go with the Priv.

I think I made the title what it was, because at the time, I was still kinda annoyed I couldn't continue using just one phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-02-16 03:48 PM
    I've found that I use the pkb only for scrolling and reading. I agree it is not as easy to type on than other pkb devices that BlackBerry has put out.
    skilas and bluesqueen23 like this.
    12-03-16 10:26 AM
    Okay, can I just say that this title still makes me smile? Certainly not forced to get a Priv, but happy to see you purchased a BlackBerry product. Still loving mine, although I realize I can only speak for myself. Holding steadfast for the next physical keyboard model that BlackBerry might release. Hope it comes to fruition. If not, will hold on to my Priv till it dies. I depend too much upon the accuracy of my keyboard. Even more so now, since work has changed email requirements. My old BlackBerrys aren't quite up to snuff, although I have not exhausted every avenue. But for now, am just fine.

Posted via CB10
    skilas and andy957 like this.
    12-04-16 10:34 PM
    Starting to use the Priv more and more. When I go back to the Z30, it feels so light now! I remember when I first started using the Z30, people kept telling me how big it looked. And coming from the 9900, it felt big. Now it feels small and thin. Lol

It may be superficial, but I'm glad the Priv has a reflective BlackBerry logo at the top. The Z30 is matte, and it looks so dull. I was always disappointed with that design choice on the Z30.

By the way, I am getting a Passport SE to replace my Z30 sometime between now and Christmas. So it's a whole new world for me (sorta). Passport and Priv within a month. I'll need to new pants with physically bigger pockets!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    andy957 likes this.
    12-05-16 03:13 PM
    I recently switched from a Passport, took a few weeks but have grown to love the Priv, still not an �ndroid fan but BlackBerry makes it usable and better for me!
    Same here. I lover my Passport but BB10 with all The laggy APKs wasnt working for me any longer. Switched to PRIV and havent looked back. Besides The PKB. PKB on PRIV is not As Good As it should be
    12-05-16 03:51 PM
    One thing I've enjoyed is the new battery life of a new device. With moderate use, I have 70% at the end of the day on the Priv. Sometimes don't charge overnight, and still good all next day. On weekends, it loses like 10% over the whole weekend, if I leave it on but don't use it. That's a nice change of pace.

My 3+ year old Z30 is typically 30% by 5p with average to heavy use. Usually need charge on drive home.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-09-16 03:40 PM
    One thing I've enjoyed is the new battery life of a new device. With moderate use, I have 70% at the end of the day on the Priv. Sometimes don't charge overnight, and still good all next day. On weekends, it loses like 10% over the whole weekend, if I leave it on but don't use it. That's a nice change of pace.

My 3+ year old Z30 is typically 30% by 5p with average to heavy use. Usually need charge on drive home.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    I have really appreciated my Priv now that it is used heavily for work . Battery life is about 50 percent at end of work day, with heavy call usage , emails and messaging. The PKB is a God send with all of the communicating I have had to do. This is a gorgeous phone too. Solid and one of a kind. I had the Classic which I loved but the Priv is quite easily my fave and the most relevant BlackBerry device out there for me. The Dteks do not win me over since they are Alcatel devices and not BlackBerry made.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-09-16 10:07 PM
    Just wanted to follow up on this.

I'm still using the Priv for work. I enjoy it.

I find it a little big though. One handed working can be tough. And with the curved edges, I accidentally tap stuff all the time.

I still use me Z30 for personal use. And because of the size, my Z30 feels so small. Lol which is funny, since it felt huge when I moved from 9900 to Z30.

There are a lot of Android quirks I'm not a big fan of. But that's ok. Nothing deal breaking. The Hub on Android is just not the same as BB10.

Stupid little thing... I don't like the little 3 dots on the bottom of apps, which you can swipe up on. Never use them, and it's more an aesthetic thing for me.

Battery much better than my dying Z30.
    Never use the keyboard.
    Don't use BBM on it, since I keep it on my personal one.
    Hate that the default call screen is the favourites. Any way to fix this?
    Not a fan of headphone jack on bottom.
    Native and fast Google maps is awesome.
    Glass weave back looks slick.
    Construction build in general is awesome.
    Hate that camera sticks out in general.

Anyways, let me know if there's any tips I should know. Just found out today that I can swipe with two fingers from the top, instead of double swiping. That's something I will like.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-23-16 09:33 AM
    Just wanted to follow up on this.

I'm still using the Priv for work. I enjoy it.
    Battery much better than my dying Z30.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    While I don't use my Z30 as a phone, I do still have it linked to or running Blend. So a couple of months ago when it started to be erratic I checked and its battery was swollen like a balloon. I had it replaced locally for about $50 and thought it was worth it. I really would have missed blend showing up on my computer and two laptops.
    12-23-16 10:48 AM