Now what? I don't have Netflix... when I am in the EU, will I be able to watch Comcast TV content I'm paying for while gone? What about pandora? What else? Do I need to fiddle with it to get it to work? Is it going to be good? Does it consume phone resources? Battery? What else?
    08-23-16 06:51 PM
    Now what?
    Beats me.

I don't have Netflix.
    You should get it.

when I am in the EU, will I be able to watch Comcast TV content I'm paying for while gone?
    Maybe, provided your plan includes and online login to watch shows. Just make sure your VPN is set to US.

What about pandora?
    Maybe. Keep in mind, all these services have stuff in effect to try and block VPN access so it's never guar.

What else?
    Anything that requires you to be in the US.

Do I need to fiddle with it to get it to work?
    Almost certainly.

Is it going to be good?
    It's free and built off of a service that was crappy to begin with. Don't count on it.

Does it consume phone resources?
    It's another app running on your device, of course.

Battery?
    See previous answer.

What else?
    Stop downloading apps you seemingly know nothing about.
    08-23-16 07:58 PM
    Beats me.

You should get it.

Maybe, provided your plan includes and online login to watch shows. Just make sure your VPN is set to US.

Maybe. Keep in mind, all these services have stuff in effect to try and block VPN access so it's never guar.

Anything that requires you to be in the US.

Almost certainly.

It's free and built off of a service that was crappy to begin with. Don't count on it.

It's another app running on your device, of course.

See previous answer.

Stop downloading apps you seemingly know nothing about.
    I am, from a professional standpoint, super-specialized by training to a very narrowly demarcated area of expertise... thus, by definition, I know almost everything about almost nothing... as a corollary, I can also be said to know just about nothing about just about everything else...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-24-16 04:55 AM
    I am, from a professional standpoint, super-specialized by training to a very narrowly demarcated area of expertise... thus, by definition, I know almost everything about almost nothing... as a corollary, I can also be said to know just about nothing about just about everything else...

Lol your post kills me.

Opera VPN comes through the browser correct? This might be problematic because Pandora and Netflix aren't very good on a mobile browser. The apps are much better in comparison.

You'll want a VPN solution that you connect to through Android's VPN system and not a particular browser to use the apps.
    08-24-16 05:45 AM
    Felony murder is something I always hand over to a certified subcontractor...

I would like to look at Comcast Cable content with their mobile player via my account I pay for dearly during trips outside the US where TV offerings are not great...
    08-24-16 05:50 AM
    Felony murder is something I always hand over to a certified subcontractor...

I would like to look at Comcast Cable content with their mobile player via my account I pay for dearly during trips outside the US where TV offerings are not great...
    Let me introduce you to this marvelous invention. It might help you find what you're looking for:

Let me google that for you
    08-24-16 06:25 AM
    If I had desired unreliable information from Google, I would have said, Okay Google. In this case I was looking for directed information from the crackberry group. Such opinions have been helpful in the past. Google opinions have not.
    08-24-16 06:29 AM
    If I had desired unreliable information from Google, I would have said, Okay Google. In this case I was looking for directed information from the crackberry group. Such opinions have been helpful in the past. Google opinions have not.
    I agree with you on that ..crack berry user were once reliable and helpful regardless of type of question ..sorry I can't help on that one ..hope some useful non sarcastic help is received
    08-24-16 07:20 AM
    If I wanted sarcastic or snarky remarks, I would have gone on the BlackBerry official Forum website where such comments are as acidic as you can imagine. Furthermore the information contained therein is as unreliable as dirt.
    08-24-16 07:49 AM

So, you're a Philosophy major?
    Omonja likes this.
    08-24-16 08:25 AM
    If I wanted sarcastic or snarky remarks, I would have gone on the BlackBerry official Forum website where such comments are as acidic as you can imagine. Furthermore the information contained therein is as unreliable as dirt.
    I fail to see how the information provided was useless. I even provided a reply before that saying the Opera browser-based VPN may not work with the Pandora or Netflix through the browser and you may be better served using Android's VPN solution.

You replied with some weirdly sarcastic remark about committing felony murder to which I replied, check google.

From the first google search result in my LMGTFY link you're returned with this little gem:
    HOW TO WATCH XFINITY TV GO OUTSIDE USA VIA VPN OR SMART DNS
    ACCESS XFINITY TV GO OUTSIDE USA USING VPN

A virtual private network, better known as VPN, gives you the ability to change your local IP address to a foreign one of your own choice. This becomes possible because all your traffic gets rechanneled through a server located abroad. By faking your location, VPN will make Xfinity think you’re actually located in USA. I’ve summed up VPN’s feature for you.

VPN is easy to set up. Sign up. Choose a VPN server abroad. Access geoblocked content from around the world.
    VPN protects your online activity by stopping governments and employers from monitoring and dictating what you do online.
    VPN masks your IP address and lets you go online anonymously.
    Even if your ISP does use DNS hijacking or Transparent Proxies, VPN will still work just fine.
    Keep in mind that the absence of a VPN client on some devices means that you need to set up VPN on a VPN enabled router instead. Xbox, Smart TVs, and Playstation are all examples of devices that are not VPN compatible.

Advisably, choose a VPN provider such as ExpressVPN that doesn’t keep logs of your online activity and has no bandwidth restrictions. Reliable VPN providers offer VPN applications for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows and Mac PCs and a 24/7 support.
    Since there's something impeding you from reading or taking my previously offered advice let me spell it out:

You will need an Android based VPN client to successfully use Pandora and Netflix's android based apps. You may have poor performance using Opera's android browser otherwise.

There is only so much spoon feeding people here can do. Carpie diem my friend.

Was this all clear enough? If not, send me your credit card and i'll sign you up to a VPN service that will work the way you want it to. I can't gaurentee i'll purchase other things with it however.
    texn884 likes this.
    08-24-16 08:36 AM
    this guy is insane on his posts like he has no clue
    08-24-16 10:01 AM
    Stand back... insanity in infectious...
    08-24-16 10:04 AM
    So, on topic, I have gleaned the VPN via browser is not equivalent to android app based VPNs with some increment in reliability, security, & performance... I will investigate further...

That said, while out of country, Comcast sees fit to block my accessing the content for which I have paid... I find that egregious & understanding they don't want pirating of their content, the customer should receive value for money...

Comcast does this because they can...

THAT is insane...
    08-24-16 10:11 AM
    So, on topic, I have gleaned the VPN via browser is not equivalent to android app based VPNs with some increment in reliability, security, & performance... I will investigate further...

That said, while out of country, Comcast sees fit to block my accessing the content for which I have paid... I find that egregious & understanding they don't want pirating of their content, the customer should receive value for money...

Comcast does this because they can...

THAT is insane...
    If you're willing to live dangerously, there is a Silverlight plugin for Android and HTML5 based browsers. You can try to use that and try to access your Comcast accounts via their web portal.

Your mileage may vary however. Pony up the US based vpn case and go that route. My employer has a US based VPN that I use for all of my US based entertainment needs. See if your work is willing to let you use their VPN if they have one.
    08-24-16 10:33 AM
    Inasmuch as I work for myself, I cannot latch on to a freebie...
    08-24-16 10:44 AM
    I'm a little confused by this thread.
    By the end you seem to be talking about the in browser VPN available in the developer builds of Opera Desktop.
    The original post seemed to be asking about the newly released Opera VPN app for Android. This app funnels all traffic (not just the browser) through Opera's/SurfEasy's VPN.

08-24-16 11:09 PM
    As for whether it will work with a specific service when you are away, just try it now!

08-24-16 11:11 PM
    If you are privacy conscience you may want to consider a paid app.
    Read: https://www.surfeasy.com/blog/get-vp...yone-gets-vpn/

08-24-16 11:14 PM
    i install browec vpn and now i am watching ary news on my mobile phone
    09-02-16 06:48 AM