I don't own a Priv, but I was curious if anyone has seen these steps to root a Priv. Obviously,it is a generalization, as it lists Marshmallow as the OS for Priv, and I imagine there are more inaccuracies. Here's the link:

How To Root BlackBerry Priv on Android Marshmallow ? Pidapso
    01-21-16 04:24 PM
    how to root bb priv on marshmallow when bb themselves havent even been able to tell themselves when mm will be availble for the priv this guide might be just what the folks at bb need
    01-21-16 04:40 PM
    I doubt that works. Why didn't they collect the PRIV root bounty then.
    01-21-16 04:42 PM
    I wouldn't recommend anyone downloading the "AutoRoot Tools" from that site. It does not look legit.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-21-16 04:43 PM
    Interesting that the illustrations (screens shots??) are of a Samsung Galaxy phone, not a Priv. Even though he acknowledges that I don't think I would risk bricking the phone until more people on Android Central or XDA Developers confirm that this works.
    01-21-16 04:45 PM
    I wouldn't recommend anyone downloading the "AutoRoot Tools" from that site. It does not look legit.
    anyone who has a priv and does this deserves all the finding that come with it
    kertong likes this.
    01-21-16 04:48 PM
    I don't know anything about Android which causes me to ask this... if the Priv were to be rooted does that mean that if Blackberry goes under or abandons the platform or for any reason stops updating, that the Priv could then be flashed with a generic Android ROM or a customized ROM? In other words would rooting be peace of mind for people who keep their phones for a full 2 years and want to be assured that it will remain current for that length of time?
    01-21-16 04:53 PM
    That's just a generic page for a site where if you search for any android phone, it will create the same page around that phone.

"It's a trap!"
    01-21-16 04:55 PM
    I don't know anything about Android which causes me to ask this... if the Priv were to be rooted does that mean that if Blackberry goes under or abandons the platform or for any reason stops updating, that the Priv could then be flashed with a generic Android ROM or a customized ROM? In other words would rooting be peace of mind for people who keep their phones for a full 2 years and want to be assured that it will remain current for that length of time?
    No, because the hardware would prevent that. The OS has to be signed by Blackberry, and no other ROM source would be able to do that.

If the OS ain't signed, the hardware ain't installing it.
    01-21-16 04:57 PM
    Yeah, that site is a bit suspicious... check out the main page: Pidapso ? Android Hacking Portal

So called rooting steps for Priv-200_s.gif

Not legit.
    01-21-16 04:58 PM
    That's just a generic page for a site where if you search for any android phone, it will create the same page around that phone.

"It's a trap!"
    That's what I thought. I imagined it was a group of script kiddies who had rooted a couple of cheap generic droids,and thought they could post the exact same steps for all droids.
    01-21-16 04:59 PM
    No, because the hardware would prevent that. The OS has to be signed by Blackberry, and no other ROM source would be able to do that.

If the OS ain't signed, the hardware ain't installing it.
    and this is why i will not get a bb running android, MM for android provides pretty good security measures as far as what apps can do and not do which is one of the main fusses of android with app permissions but now they have that covered with MM. Now think if you have a bb android and bb decides a year from now we are abandoning ship now your stuck with an expensive phone that you wish you can put a custom rom on to keep up to date.
    01-21-16 05:04 PM
    The Priv is unrootable. Impossible.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    01-21-16 05:29 PM
    Show me a video, and then maybe we'll talk...
    01-21-16 05:50 PM
    haha, nope.
    If by some chance someone did manage to Root the Priv, BB will fix it in software and move on.

Its not a big issue, 99% of all root capabilities require physical access to the device and more often than not a PC and power cycling the device.

On a side note, if you see claims about rooting the priv using something called Kingsoft, stay clear.

also, Marshmallow isnt even out for the Priv yet lol how the hell could anyone take that claim seriously?!?!
    01-21-16 07:13 PM
    Even if you could root it, what software could you install? The device is hard-coded to only accept an OS signed by BlackBerry.
    Matt J likes this.
    01-21-16 08:12 PM
    Even if you could root it, what software could you install? The device is hard-coded to only accept an OS signed by BlackBerry.
    I used to sign my Dad's signature on the reg...
    01-21-16 08:24 PM
    I doubt it has been rooted yet, but don't think it will prove to be impossible, it is android after all. Can't root a pure BlackBerry.
    01-21-16 08:26 PM
    It's scam site thread closed
    01-21-16 08:28 PM