Hey everyone!

So yesterday I was involved in a motorcycle accident and my priv was thrown through the air. It is still completely functional. Screen has thin cracks and scuffs all around but I can still use it.

My claim was approved buy Asurion says the priv is on back order. I really don't want to pay the $149 without any sort of timeline of when I will receive my replacement. Has anyone ever dealt with this? Anyone know if Asurion actually has privs? Should I reach out to At&t and see what they can do for me?

Thanks,
    05-23-16 09:14 AM
    Glad you are able to post and hope any injuries to you are minor and heal fast.

I guess you could reach out to your carrier. If you can still use yours, you might wait. Screens, from what I've read, are still pricey so fixing it yourself is probably more expensive. Do they provide a NEW or refurb unit?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-23-16 10:46 AM
    Hope you have a speedy recovery, but yes I've dealt with this bs company a lot when I worked as a tech with Verizon. It's just bs they don't have any refurbished phones to give you. So they wait a Lil to get new ones in order to see if they get refurbed ones first. Then when they don't get them they buy the device in a bulk number for discounted reasons. Basically the reason your waiting is because they are cheap.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-16 11:57 AM
    Took 3 weeks for me to get my z30 replaced by this outfit. I got an email and a text telling me they had one in Stock and when I called them they said they didn't have one. Kept trying to give me a z10. The next time I got the notification I called immediately. They tried again to tell me they didn't have one and push a z10. I was persistent that time and got my z30. I don't bother carrying insurance anymore. The deductible is ridiculous considering what you pay for the premium month after month

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    05-23-16 12:32 PM
    got my priv in 2 day's after all the paperwork was submitted then couple of phone calls confirming everything. i live brantford i guess they shipped it from a warehouse in mississauga ont .
    05-23-16 03:00 PM
    Thanks for all the info. I guess I'll approve the claim and hope for the best. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long.

05-23-16 03:19 PM
    So much for "backorder". Phone shipped out 2 hours after finalizing. Arriving tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-16 08:21 PM
    got my priv in 2 day's after all the paperwork was submitted then couple of phone calls confirming everything. i live brantford i guess they shipped it from a warehouse in mississauga ont .
    Isn't Brantford the home of Wayne Gretzky?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-23-16 09:26 PM
    Isn't Brantford the home of Wayne Gretzky?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    It sure is

05-23-16 10:28 PM
    So much for "backorder". Phone shipped out 2 hours after finalizing. Arriving tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Great to hear! Makes me feel slightly better for coughing up extra cash for insurance.

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    05-24-16 12:57 AM
    Great to hear! Makes me feel slightly better for coughing up extra cash for insurance.

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    Only problem is I've gone back to my passport and have fallen in love with it all over again. I'm probably going to use it for a while before going back to the Priv. Does everything I need it to except connect to my smart watch.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 01:08 AM
    Question. Will the replacement be an at&t model? It's an stv-1. How would I tell?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 01:32 PM
    Question. Will the replacement be an at&t model? It's an stv-1. How would I tell?

Posted via CB10
    If you look for an update and MM is available, it is factory UNlocked.
    draconis123 likes this.
    05-24-16 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    check your PM
    05-24-16 08:15 PM