So I am a happy owner of a new Priv, that arrived in my hands last week. Been enjoying it ever since, miss my Z30 but the Priv is a great step up.

My problem so far is that when I try take a slow mo video (regardless of quality) there seems to blurry and out of focus, almost grainy like. I've updated all the apps, as well as the software updates (running 6.0.1). Camera app is functioning fine, pictures and videos come out clear, it's just the slow mo video that seems to be out of focus.

Any help or steps to take to get it back to normal, would be appreciated or is this a normal problem with the camera app?

Thanks
    01-12-17 10:43 AM
    Can you post an example somewhere?
    Slow motion video is always in 720P, which is a lower resolution than the default 1080P or the optional 4K. So it will definitely be less sharp and more 'blocky/blurry'. However I'm not sure if that is what you are describing or if there is some other problem in your case.
    01-12-17 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Can't upload the video, think it could be too big but as you can see the video is not clear, focused before I took it and was in good light.

Any ideas? Fault with the camera?
    Attached Thumbnails Slow Mo Video Blurry/Pixelated-9006.jpg  
    01-12-17 02:44 PM
    This looks pretty normal to me for slow-motion video. It does not look out of focus but it looks low resolution (which slow-mo is).
    If it was a fault in the camera you'd also see it with normal videos.

Keep in mind that the 720P resolution is effectively four times as small as the screen resolution of the Priv (half the number of pixels in height and half the number of pixels in width), effectively stretching the image to a larger size to fit the screen, so it won't be as crisp as other footage.

Also, the lighting conditions don't actually look that good to me (based on this picture). Slow-motion video means faster shutter speed is required, which means more light is needed.

What you could try to do is set the video resolution to 720P, then record a normal speed video and a slow-mo video, and compare the two. If the 720P normal video looks similarly 'out of focus' or blurry to you, the resolution is the problem and there's no way around that. If the 720P normal video looks significantly better than the slow-mo video, either you need more light or the slow-mo is internally recording at less than 720P and upscaling it.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-17 04:25 PM
    I find this happening to me as well as OP mentioned, looks very poor . I even avoid using the feature
    01-13-17 06:34 PM