I believe that the Slider is the most competitive product BlackBerry will produce in the smartphone market, because of:

- It's innovative design combined with slider that brings the core selling point of BlackBerry (the physical keyboard). This will be the first and only high-end Android phone with physical keyboard.

- Android with BlackBerry launcher, that probably will be the most clean looking android phone in the market

Not to forget: This is the first ever BlackBerry phone that combines a 9:16 ratio touch screen with a physical keyboard. Q10 and Classic has 1:1 aspect ratio with physical keyboard, which is awkward for people who has got used to iPhone and other smartphones in the market. For those that this isn't a problem, the OS 10 is the reason for not buying BlackBerry because of the app gap.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 07:19 AM
    I hope you are right: that people actually WANT a physical kb and a BB launcher.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    08-05-15 08:21 AM
    I believe that the Slider is the most competitive product BlackBerry will produce in the smartphone market, because of:

- It's innovative design combined with slider that brings the core selling point of BlackBerry (the physical keyboard). This will be the first and only high-end Android phone with physical keyboard.

- Android with BlackBerry launcher, that probably will be the most clean looking android phone in the market

Not to forget: This is the first ever BlackBerry phone that combines a 9:16 ratio touch screen with a physical keyboard. Q10 and Classic has 1:1 aspect ratio with physical keyboard, which is awkward for people who has got used to iPhone and other smartphones in the market. For those that this isn't a problem, the OS 10 is the reason for not buying BlackBerry because of the app gap.

Posted via CB10
    Wait for some official confirmation on the slider before you start speculating.

Too much CrackBerry hype.
    08-05-15 08:24 AM
    Another good thing is that, it gives two iconic fruit companies the ability to be evenly matched to battle it out.

Apple's ecosystem 🆚 Googles ecosystem.

Samsung is great and all but it's no BlackBerry.

I could see people going either Apple or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    08-05-15 09:08 AM
    I just want it with bb10. Screw Google

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:23 AM
    We still don't have 100% sure proof that it would go android... Rather, since Dallas came out with bb10.3.2, it seems more likely that the slider will have the same OS

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 10:21 AM
    Seriously, the single most critical reason I have stayed with BB over the past 15+ year is security. Given Android's history of security failures and hacks, combined with Google's penchant for vacuuming up user data without permission or notification, I can't forsee a situation where an Android phone is anywhere in my future.
    08-05-15 12:19 PM
    I wish slider can have option install both bb10 and android, so user can choose their os.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    ayngling likes this.
    08-05-15 12:43 PM
    There was still not even a single official statement from BlackBerry on the slider being Android, but people keep on talking about it as if it was fact.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 12:50 PM
    There was still not even a single official statement from BlackBerry on the slider being Android, but people keep on talking about it as if it was fact.

Posted via CB10
    Facts is that BlackBerry keeps firing staff.

Another fact is that the development of OS 10 stagnates. Here I'm thinking of the reduction in development of new apps in BlackBerry World. Yes I know they just updated to 10.3.2 but they will not stop support from one day to another.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 01:15 PM
    Seriously, the single most critical reason I have stayed with BB over the past 15+ year is security. Given Android's history of security failures and hacks, combined with Google's penchant for vacuuming up user data without permission or notification, I can't forsee a situation where an Android phone is anywhere in my future.
    I agree with this and for some (stupid) reason thought Apple wasn't as bad as Android. But a recent security audit of my daughter's iPod come up with so many issues, I got seriously mad. LOL

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339
    sirius27 likes this.
    08-05-15 03:01 PM
    BlackBerry had better announce something soon. I like my Q10 but my eyes need a bigger screen.

I prefer a physical keyboard. And don't want old technology.
    ayngling likes this.
    08-05-15 07:23 PM
    Facts is that BlackBerry keeps firing staff.

Another fact is that the development of OS 10 stagnates. Here I'm thinking of the reduction in development of new apps in BlackBerry World. Yes I know they just updated to 10.3.2 but they will not stop support from one day to another.

Posted via CB10
    Facts is that this thread is a waste of time until anything is confirmed, you're just rambling on.
    sirius27 and anon(9169048) like this.
    08-06-15 04:19 AM
    Facts is that this thread is a waste of time until anything is confirmed, you're just rambling on.
    That is your opinion. Learn the difference dude.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 04:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL OK fortune teller.

I'll wait to see what they bring out.
    sirius27 likes this.
    08-06-15 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    What you have stated here is blatant speculation, nothing based on facts, real or imagined (well maybe imagined). That is a fact. ;-)

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    08-06-15 08:16 AM
    What you have stated here is blatant speculation, nothing based on facts, real or imagined (well maybe imagined). That is a fact. ;-)

I have to agree
    08-06-15 08:20 AM
    This whole site is mostly speculation. And we all enjoy it or we wouldn't be here.
    08-06-15 10:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's many people's opinion apparently. Mine as well.

Fact is: your speculation is mislabeled as fact.

1) We don't know that the Slider will run Android. There is a good chance that it won't as they would be gambling a lot on a high end device and also risking missing out on sales to many existing BB10 users.

2) Why do you figure that development on BB10 is stagnating? They JUST released 10.3.2 and have been updating it several times per year since the release of BB10... where did you find the 'fact' that this has changed or is about to?

3) Layoffs happen. They have also been hiring. It's no secret that BlackBerry has been forced to restructure the company and as a result cut back jobs. There is no reason why this should have anything to do with OS development or switching to another OS.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    08-06-15 10:29 AM
    The Android speculation has been covered so I'll leave that bit. But if it is Android it won't be the first high end PKB Android. It will be the first in a few years, but Motorola offered some solid Droid sliders, and I think LG as well. Just saying, it isn't like it's an untapped market.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:58 PM

His first statement was a fact. Hopefully no more pink slips this year.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-06-15 09:51 PM
    The Android speculation has been covered so I'll leave that bit. But if it is Android it won't be the first high end PKB Android. It will be the first in a few years, but Motorola offered some solid Droid sliders, and I think LG as well. Just saying, it isn't like it's an untapped market.

Posted via CB10
    Well here's the thing, this would be the first phone in a long time with a portrait style keyboard running Android . Typing in portrait mode is just a hell of a lot faster than in landscape mode.

There's a ton of Android users (myself included) who are waiting on this phone.

Blackberry needs this. If blackberry released an all touchscreen phone running Android, nobody would care since the competition is stiff. But physical keyboards is where blackberry shines.

Make it happen captain!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    08-07-15 02:00 AM
    Well here's the thing, this would be the first phone in a long time with a portrait style keyboard running Android . Typing in portrait mode is just a hell of a lot faster than in landscape mode.

There's a ton of Android users (myself included) who are waiting on this phone.

Blackberry needs this. If blackberry released an all touchscreen phone running Android, nobody would care since the competition is stiff. But physical keyboards is where blackberry shines.

Make it happen captain!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Exactly! Put the keyboard into the equation and combined with build quality, I think BlackBerry has a solid chance of shifting quite a few handsets.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    08-07-15 04:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can't see BlackBerry competing at all as an Android OEM. Check out the specs and price on the Moto X Style or One Plus 2. Literally, those devices are hundreds of dollars less expensive than the slider will be and they have far superior specs. I'd buy a slider for the graceful flow of BB10's UI, awesome file management, and Qt 5.6 built-in (hopefully), but if I'm going to be on the Android platform there are better solutions. Android is designed for use without a physical keyboard...

I mean, I'd buy if I saw the board either fire Chen or Chen give us some proof of life that BB10 is continuing to grow and develop at a rapid pace behind the scenes. If BlackBerry 10 is dead, BlackBerry has no business being in the handset market, at all. Selling secure Android devices to government and enterprise may make some sense for this company that Chen has just crushed under a massive lack of vision, but it means nothing to me. I know lawyers, investment bankers, and politicians who use Android and iOS devices with current security measures without issue and without fear. iOS is pretty secure these days, too.

Chen needs to try to compete or step aside.
    -- B.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:42 PM
    I can't see BlackBerry competing at all as an Android OEM. Check out the specs and price on the Moto X Style or One Plus 2. Literally, those devices are hundreds of dollars less expensive than the slider will be and they have far superior specs. I'd buy a slider for the graceful flow of BB10's UI, awesome file management, and Qt 5.6 built-in (hopefully), but if I'm going to be on the Android platform there are better solutions. Android is designed for use without a physical keyboard...

I mean, I'd buy if I saw the board either fire Chen or Chen give us some proof of life that BB10 is continuing to grow and develop at a rapid pace behind the scenes. If BlackBerry 10 is dead, BlackBerry has no business being in the handset market, at all. Selling secure Android devices to government and enterprise may make some sense for this company that Chen has just crushed under a massive lack of vision, but it means nothing to me. I know lawyers, investment bankers, and politicians who use Android and iOS devices with current security measures without issue and without fear. iOS is pretty secure these days, too.

Chen needs to try to compete or step aside.
    -- B.

Posted via CB10
    One thing to keep in mind. Your average consumer knows nothing of the one plus. Also, these phones may be cheaper off contract but blackberry might be able to push some units to consumers singing up for a new contract to renewing their current one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-08-15 02:03 AM
54 123