http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/blackber...phone-android/

I was re-reading this article on CNet today and thought maybe this is the actual step Blackberry is going now. Salvaging the features of BB10 and selling them as the “Blackberry Experience Suite”. With the latest Slider Android leaks, this article had me thinking of Blackberry hub and VKB seen (or confirmed by other people) in the leaks. I got to admit, Blackberry Experience Suite sounds great for iPhones and Androids (and it sounded like the “other”BES for me), but only time will tell how much Blackberry “feel” users will experience from there.

JC said he will keep building phones as long as they still profit from it, but are they going to build phones for BlackBerry or are they starting to build phones for others such as Android? The Slider might introduce new features, new features from Android users but it’s just presumption from me. I hope for the betterment of BB10 and for the other OS as well. Maybe this is a good idea to keep the company a live even if it is not how they used to be.

Last edited by 7onZ; 08-16-15 at 06:46 AM.
    08-16-15 06:17 AM
    maybe this is the direction they are taking. No one really knows. we see suc conflicting reports.
    08-16-15 06:20 AM
    maybe this is the direction they are taking. No one really knows. we see suc conflicting reports.
    Well, I'd say this is not a conflicting one. Aside the fact that BlackBerry had announced this earlier this year and Slider is seen running Android, but with BB VKB (and rumored Hub). I think it's a good step to be honest. Let's just hope BlackBerry won't ditch BB10.
    08-16-15 06:36 AM
    At least we know that BlackBerry Experience Suite exists for Android. Do we know that a hypervisor even exists for mobile? Can you imagine how much work it would take to make a virtual machine designed for embedded systems duplicate the functionality of a modern smartphone processor so that it could run modern Android?
    08-16-15 09:16 AM
    At least we know that BlackBerry Experience Suite exists for Android.
    At this point, we only know that BlackBerry announced plans for it earlier in the year. No actual product has been released for Android, IOS, or Windows. I would expect that if an Android BlackBerry Slider is released, it would included the BlackBerry Productivity Suite which would included the Hub, etc. and that the other products would be optional at extra cost.
    08-17-15 08:21 PM
    There must be some incentive to buy a BlackBerry phone so I would assume that future BlackBerry smartphones that run android will come with the suite and the others will have to pay for these. How do you ensure that people can't just grab the apks and run them on their Samsung phones for free? Probably through some login or hardware pin whitelisting if that will still be a thing with android phones.
    09-05-15 07:30 PM