I have my Skype settings to NOT access my address book and do NOT copy contacts. Under my account settings, sync contacts is disabled.

So I signed into Skype... and DTEK alerted me that within the first second of signing in... Skype accessed 368 contact details.

I hate Skype.
    01-10-16 08:35 PM
    I'm not surprised at all. Most popular app are like that

Posted via my PRIV
    01-10-16 09:06 PM
    Unfortunately Skype has a monopoly on people and they can get away with that.

If BBM would come out with cross platform video already then people wouldn't have this problem.

Pet peeve No. 1 is that with the release of the Priv, BBM never brought video chat to it. Yet another feature/marketing fail...come on BlackBerry

(I can rant a little off topic sometimes)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-10-16 09:13 PM
    I want them to rip hangouts a new hole, and be the competitor to imessage.

Make text messaging available from BBM.

If the other person has BBM, great, if they don't, then it sends a text message.

Put video calling on it. Call it something catchy. BBM face.

And just get rid of the ads and all that crap. Make it free features. Or like a dollar a year.

Yes I know they have to make money, but they have to have a user base first.

I'm fine with paid stickers since I'm not gonna pay for any of them anyway.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ce71 and vpblaze like this.
    01-10-16 09:22 PM
    We can only hope that now that they are all in for Android maybe they will bring the video cross platform. Thanks for the heads up about Skype. I haven't installed it on my new android yet and now I won't.
    01-10-16 09:24 PM
    We can only hope that now that they are all in for Android maybe they will bring the video cross platform. Thanks for the heads up about Skype. I haven't installed it on my new android yet and now I won't.
    I just don't get it. How can they allow you to change your settings, yet still do it anyway? I guess as long as you accept that initial install, where it states that it may access certain info, you're screwed.

If anyone knows of a video messaging app that does NOT access your personal data, please let me know.
    01-11-16 05:59 AM
    I want them to rip hangouts a new hole, and be the competitor to imessage.

Make text messaging available from BBM.

If the other person has BBM, great, if they don't, then it sends a text message.

Put video calling on it. Call it something catchy. BBM face.

And just get rid of the ads and all that crap. Make it free features. Or like a dollar a year.

Yes I know they have to make money, but they have to have a user base first.

I'm fine with paid stickers since I'm not gonna pay for any of them anyway.

If indeed a rant, a well deserved and meaning rant. It is some of the basics, the "givens" that BB misses that constantly amaze, shock and sadden me.
    01-11-16 05:59 PM
    I think once what'sup adds video chat it will effect Skype and BBM tremendously. I think BBM should have video chat, worldwide text messaging, ability to make calls to landlines and cell phones for a fee and so on... then I would probably make it my main communication app on my phone.

01-11-16 08:10 PM