I received my Priv today. I'm not able to place my Sim card in its tray. Please note that this same Sim works with my BlackBerry classic, and 3 iPhones. It seems that the card is a hair to big for the Priv. You could not even cut the card it's that close.

Anyone have any ideas? I had to put the phone down before I broke the tray or smashed the phone out of frustration.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 08:16 PM
    was the sim one you cut-down yourself? micro-sims are a hair thicker than nano so there can be issues with fitment problems when you cut them down. You can go to your carrier and request a nano sim.

I'd try to get a sim replacement in any case, if it still doesn't fit, it will provide support to getting a warranty replacement.
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-13-17 08:28 PM
    Is not one that I cut myself. Its a standard T-mobile nano sim. Just tried it in a samsung and had no issues. This is a Priv only problem. This sucks...
    01-13-17 08:36 PM
    there hasn't been a rash of reports such as yours so try another sim and then if the same problem get a warranty replacement.
    01-13-17 08:40 PM
    I might send the phone back and be done with it... So busy at work and I don't have time to go to the t-mobile store to get another sim. In addition they would likely change me for a new sim..

Thanks Ment
    01-13-17 08:45 PM
    I've got a Tmobile sim in my ShopBB Priv. They are a bit fussy to seat. I pulled it early this week and had trouble getting it to stay in the tray when I was replacing it.

And while I'm sure that you are not in the wrong tray - you are in the sim and not s-card side?
    01-13-17 08:50 PM
    F22 - What did you do to resolve you issue? Perhaps I can do the same.

I sure I'm using the correct slot.
    01-13-17 09:19 PM
    I might send the phone back and be done with it... So busy at work and I don't have time to go to the t-mobile store to get another sim. In addition they would likely change me for a new sim..

Thanks Ment
    They won't charge you to try a donor sim. If you can tell where its binding on the sim, you can shave it down a little with a nail file followed up with a rub on a cloth to get rid of shavings/dust.
    01-13-17 09:34 PM
    Ment,

Funny you should mention using a nail file. I was thinking the same. But then the Sim would likely be too loose for my classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 09:43 PM
    your PRIV might be on the small end of manufacturing tolerance for the sim slot and that along with the universal sims that carriers are starting to use might be the issue. Whatever you decide to do don't force anything, it'd be bad if you can get it in but not get it out easily.
    01-13-17 09:58 PM
    You should take a photo and upload here.
    01-13-17 11:04 PM
    F22 - What did you do to resolve you issue? Perhaps I can do the same.

I sure I'm using the correct slot.
    Make sure to align it correctly. I played around since I could not tell UP from Down or left/right on which is front/back. It will only really fit the tray in one position.
    01-14-17 12:06 AM
    If I play around with it tomorrow i'll post a picture. I know for sure I'm placing the Sim card correctly. It never hurts to measure twice and cut once.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 02:08 AM
    Another Sim card - same situation. This other Sim card works in my classic and iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 07:43 AM
    All - Thanks for the response. I'm returning the phone. I'm sure we could have resolved this problem. I'm highly disappointed. Quality control issue in my opinion. I'll use the classic a little while longer and check out mercury when available.
    01-14-17 10:04 AM
    Another Sim card - same situation. This other Sim card works in my classic and iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    The things we do as Ambassadors............

Here's a picture of the ShopBB and its Tmobile sim card. Of course, the damn sim popped out of the tray. So it is mounted/loaded from the rear and the contact surface faces forward. The "angled" notch is in the upper right.

Sim card tray - Priv problem?-img_20170114_0816458.jpg

At first, it would not slide back in and I realized that the card was not flush with the frame (from the rear). Then once I, I got a "no sim card" message and was cursing YOU!! But it eventually noticed the sim.

Good luck.
    01-14-17 10:20 AM
    Thanks F22. I appreciate all your help. I had the sim card going in the correct way. My conclusion is that there is something wrong with the tray. I'm not interested in receiving a replacement phone from shop bb. So the phone is going back. I requested a return and already received the shipping label. To sum up: 3 different sim cards fit fine in a bb classic and 3 iPhones. (Family used iPhones) Also tried my sim in a Samsung. This is a Priv issue. (Likely just the sim tray) Waiting for Mercury

I'm glad your Priv is working!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-17 11:03 AM
    I'm asking for punishment. I ordered another Priv today and I will have it tomorrow.

Why did I change my mind?

I was in a meeting last night and another person in attendance had the Priv. I was able to play with it for 10 minutes. I just can't get over the form factor... so the saga continues...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-24-17 05:07 PM
    When you get one in your hands, that isn't a lemon, you won't be disappointed. I'm going to consider the mercury for battery life reasons (625 or 821), but no matter what the case may be, I'll never sell my Priv.

By far the greatest phone I've ever owned. That is going up against a Passport and Note 4, to boot (also great phones).
    FF22 likes this.
    01-24-17 05:12 PM