I just moved from a BB10 to a Priv and on the 10 I could set my ring profile to silent and then create a list of contact numbers that are allowed to ring even though the profile is set to silent. Is this not an option on the Priv? I can't have my phone ringing with BS calls at night or at work. Please advise.
    04-25-17 11:54 AM
    Settings > Sound & Notification > Do not disturb > Priority only allows, Calls... Should help.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 12:01 PM
    Hello yes it's avaible. Swipe from above, go to settings, sounds and notification, select do not disturb, select priority only there you see what is available when you place PRIV in Do Not Disturb mode. All contacts that you mark the STAR you will receive calls if they call you. Good luck
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 12:02 PM
    Hello yes it's avaible. Swipe from above, go to settings, sounds and notification, select do not disturb, select priority only there you see what is available when you place PRIV in Do Not Disturb mode. All contacts that you mark the STAR you will receive calls if they call you. Good luck
    You're too slow
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 12:05 PM
    You know odd..because going in did not see your response! ohh well we are providing good service to OP! CrackBerry rules!
    FF22 and Mirko935 like this.
    04-25-17 12:07 PM
    Well, your response was more nicely worded than mine plus you kindly wished him good luck, so it certainly wasn't for nothing
    04-25-17 12:12 PM
    Thanks folks. I set it to do not disturb and then filled in the star (just tap the star and the center fills in, I hope that's right) on several contacts but the phone is still ringing when I call from a number that doesn't have the star filled in. Also is this just for phone calls? I want all emails and all text messages to make a sound but only select phone numbers. Please advise as to what I may have done wrong.
    04-25-17 12:53 PM
    Thanks folks. I set it to do not disturb and then filled in the star (just tap the star and the center fills in, I hope that's right) on several contacts but the phone is still ringing when I call from a number that doesn't have the star filled in. Also is this just for phone calls? I want all emails and all text messages to make a sound but only select phone numbers. Please advise as to what I may have done wrong.
    04-25-17 01:01 PM
    04-25-17 01:24 PM
    Please read my reply in this thread as I am still having trouble.
    Thank You
    04-25-17 01:25 PM
    I think I just figured it out. In addition to setting it to do not disturb in the actual sound settings, I also had to set the do not disturb to priority only in the drop down under the wifi settings. I think it is fixed now. I still don't know if this is just for phone calls though? I still want all email and text messages to make a sound. I guess we will see.
    04-25-17 02:03 PM
    Hello understand you followed these steps:
    1: swipe from above and select Do Not Disturb
    2: when it opens you will see 3 settings: Total silence, alarms only and Priority only
    3: you can also set leave at a setting or set a specific time
    4: below you will see MORE SETTINGS
    5: select more settings
    6: will take DO NOT DISTURB settings. There select PRIORITY ONLY ALLOWS and you select what alarms, reminders, events, messages, calls ( starred ones only) and repeat callers. You can apply the settings you want.
    With regards to your contacts: correct open each contact and press the star till fills in. That is now a starred contact.
    Let's see how it goes. Hope more clear now. Good luck.

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    04-25-17 02:11 PM
    I think I just figured it out. In addition to setting it to do not disturb in the actual sound settings, I also had to set the do not disturb to priority only in the drop down under the wifi settings. I think it is fixed now. I still don't know if this is just for phone calls though? I still want all email and text messages to make a sound. I guess we will see.
    Hello read the last post I put on this thread tells you how you can configure more settings for Do Not Disturb! Good luck
    04-25-17 04:18 PM
    Now I have a question. 😃
    Theses messages that you've spoken of: are these only SMS? Can I somehow link this to a different kind of message like Threema (alternative to WhatsApp)?
    04-26-17 10:32 AM
    Which one of the three? LOL! Glad you are getting things worked out. It is an adjustment to move from BB10 to BlackDroid, but you will get there.
    04-26-17 10:41 AM
    Also be aware that you can and need to set a lot of notification from within the app like your text app etc
    04-26-17 10:52 AM
    Now I have a question. ������
    Theses messages that you've spoken of: are these only SMS? Can I somehow link this to a different kind of message like Threema (alternative to WhatsApp)?
    I don't think Android's intelligent enough for that, sorry. It could be worse, you could be dealing with iOS's non-existant notification settings.

What you can do is go to those notification settings, tap on App notifications, select the app you need and then turn on "Treat as priority". That way you can get that app's notifications when on Priority only, but unless you can set it per-contact in the app, it's for all of them.
    04-26-17 11:29 AM
    Now I have a question. 😃
    I don't think Android's intelligent enough for that, sorry. It could be worse, you could be dealing with iOS's non-existant notification settings.

What you can do is go to those notification settings, tap on App notifications, select the app you need and then turn on "Treat as priority". That way you can get that app's notifications when on Priority only, but unless you can set it per-contact in the app, it's for all of them.
    04-26-17 11:29 AM
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. 😁😉
    But I'm gonna try that and hope it works . Thanks. 🤗
    04-26-17 01:12 PM
    Some apps do allow Priority only notifications setting such as Telegram. Good luck.
    04-26-17 04:54 PM
    Hello read the last post I put on this thread tells you how you can configure more settings for Do Not Disturb! Good luck
    So now I have text messages flashing blue, email flashing green just like I had on my bb10 but phone doesn't flash any color at all even though pulse light notification is on. Where do I set the color for missed phone calls?
    05-04-17 07:18 PM
    Hello glad too see how you progress. Here is a link to a thread that will help you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1048060/
    Good luck
    05-05-17 06:38 PM